By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Are you getting the extended edition of The Lord of the Rings on blu-ray?

I lost so much respect for darth in this thread.

So much.

Around the Network

No, those movies were nothing but a bunch of walking. Hell, even the trees walked in those movies.

Mistershine said:
If the films were on 1 disc each I may have, but as long as I have to change discs I'll stick with the DVD version.

You expect nearly 12 hours of high definition video and audio to fit on a single disc?

OT: Day one. I didn't buy the original Blu-Rays as I was holding out for this version.

dobby985 said:
Mistershine said:
If the films were on 1 disc each I may have, but as long as I have to change discs I'll stick with the DVD version.

You expect nearly 12 hours of high definition video and audio to fit on a single disc?

OT: Day one. I didn't buy the original Blu-Rays as I was holding out for this version.

No, each film on it's own disc, as my post says.

trasharmdsister12 said:
Got mine this morning!

Nice! I'll be waiting until the end of the summer at least, I'm way too busy to get to enjoy it soon anyway.

Around the Network

No way. I'm saving all my money for Star Wars on September!!

I just got the trilogy on bluray last Christmas so I think I will wait a while for the price to go down. It sucks :(.

It just arrived this afternoon. 15 discs, 12 hour total movie run time, 2 discs per movie.

$65 dollars is pretty reasonable, considering a 2 hour movie already costs $32.99 nowadays, and $60 dollar games get away with 8 hour or less campaigns.

Hopefully it supports resume playback cause there's no way I can watch 4 hours at a time.

Hell no...those movies are way too long to watch more than once, but they are damn good films

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

pbroy said:
Most definitely.. This brings back memories of the night that I watched the second movie with these 2 hot middle eastern girls and their friends at the movie theater. I sat between the both of them. While the movie was going on I noticed how they both started getting touchy feely with me and the other one yelled at her sister for getting too close to me. It was pretty entertaining watching them fight for my attention. That was a pretty nice sandwich.. n__n ...so yeah, this would be a good chance to finally see what went on in the movie, I wasn't paying attention the first time.. Hahaha

Their phone numbers now! These middle eastern girls need a hunky middle eastern man. Caugh the numbers up or get sandwiched between the palm of myhands!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson