By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Are you getting the extended edition of The Lord of the Rings on blu-ray?

pezus said:
Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Why wouldn't I get the 4th Best Trilogy ever on Blu-ray?

Right. I have an idea of what the first 2 are... But tell me anyway. What comes before LotR?

OT
Yes.

Day one.

Hell yes.

Star Wars original trilogy> Star Wars new trilogy>Godfather?/Matrix?/>LotR

?

Matrix....lololol

hmmm this discussion has given me an idea for a thread!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
pezus said:
Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Right. I have an idea of what the first 2 are... But tell me anyway. What comes before LotR?

OT
Yes.

Day one.

Hell yes.

Star Wars original trilogy> Star Wars new trilogy>Godfather?/Matrix?/>LotR

?

Matrix....lololol

hmmm this discussion has given me an idea for a thread!

Says the guy who thinks the Spider-man trilogy is close to Lord of the Rings, now that's a lol!

Hell yeah I'm gettin it. I'm hopin not a lot of people have $100 to spend on the Best Buy Exclusive in my area, since I won't be able to pick it up until after work.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

OT
Yes.

Day one.

Hell yes.

X-Men Trilogy

Spidey is close...but LOTR:ROTK is better than Spidey 1 and 3 combined soooo...

I wish I could say Terminator though....the 3rd movie :(

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Already ordered it on Amazon.ca for $65

I have the standard edition on DVD and held out this time for the extended edition. First time I'll get to watch it on my 92 inch screen with lossless surround sound.

Around the Network

If the films were on 1 disc each I may have, but as long as I have to change discs I'll stick with the DVD version.

Mistershine said:
If the films were on 1 disc each I may have, but as long as I have to change discs I'll stick with the DVD version.

The extended edition DVD's were also on 2 discs. It's only the standard edition that was on 1 disc.

I'm buying it (and having it shipped from the US to me in Japan), but I do wish each movie was only on 1 blu-ray. I thought blu-ray was supposed to do away with "multi-disc" movies... -_-

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

OT
Yes.

Day one.

Hell yes.

X-Men Trilogy

Spidey is close...but LOTR:ROTK is better than Spidey 1 and 3 combined soooo...

I wish I could say Terminator though....the 3rd movie :(

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

My new apprentice the X-Men First Class Trilogy will be more POWEFUL than EITHER OF THEM!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^Lol.
Even that gif can't save that statement, sorry :P

smbu2000 said:
Mistershine said:

The extended edition DVD's were also on 2 discs. It's only the standard edition that was on 1 disc.

I'm buying it (and having it shipped from the US to me in Japan), but I do wish each movie was only on 1 blu-ray. I thought blu-ray was supposed to do away with "multi-disc" movies... -_-

I have the extended edition DVDs and that's the problem. I was hoping to not have to swap discs by upgrading, but as I will still have to then the upgrade is not worth it to me.