By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Another "Check out my new PC" thread...but with pictures!

Potable_Toe said:
Xen said:
disolitude said:
Xen said:

@disolitude: Was gonna go for this - http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6656&category_id=19 case, what do you think?

I don't know howmuch this case is but its very much inline with the rosewill one I mentioned. I ve never seen this case but have a hunch that the rosewill one is a little better.

Sadly, the choice in my country is quite limited =/

Just checked 4 shops, and none of them have that specific case. Or any Rosewill case for that matter =/

http://www.ksp.co.il/main.php?now_snif=kspbilu

>Parts>Scroll down to cases>Coolermaster>Scroll down to Elite 370.

Quite awkwardly you can't just copy paste a link :(

I cannot comment on how reliable that website is, but according to a couple reviews I found they seem ok.

Hows eBay where you guys live? May be pricey once shipping and custom fees kick in, but it could be worth checking out for stuff like cases. I wouldn't buy a 500 dollar video card on ebay tho :)

Around the Network

Hahaha, KSP is exactly the shop I was gonna buy from :D

I'd import it, but customs will kill me. Ebay is generally good here though :D

That's pretty awesome, I want some screen shots of Battlefield 3 running full spec!

Is the Core i7 950 an LGA 1366 CPU? If so, I'm curious why you went with 8GB of RAM (2x4) instead of 6GB (3x2) or 12GB (3x4) to take advantage of the triple channel memory controller.

Narishma said:

Is the Core i7 950 an LGA 1366 CPU? If so, I'm curious why you went with 8GB of RAM (2x4) instead of 6GB (3x2) or 12GB (3x4) to take advantage of the triple channel memory controller.

Yes it is...and the reason why I went with 8 gig dual is cause 4 gigs came with the mobo/CPU bundle for a redicuslous price.  I bought another 4 myself... :)

I'm really impressed with the RAM. 1866 mhz on 1.5v...should hit 2000 easily.

Around the Network

Awesome machine!

Those water filled things would make me anxious though.

Pjams said:
That's pretty awesome, I want some screen shots of Battlefield 3 running full spec!

Will do... On 3 screens too. :)

I plan to add another 580(this one - http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=015-p3-1589-ar&family=geforce%20500%20series%20family&sw) by then so it should be butter smooth.

Funny note - my machine can run Crysis 1 at 60 frames per second everything on max,but barely(50-70 fps)...took 3 years for technology to catch up to that game lol.

ROFL, yeah, Crysis was a crazy beast back then... in the good days of X series Radeons and XX00 GeForce cards...
(none of which could run it well @ all settings winded up)

Nice set-up, though I thought you would go with an evga sr-2 and quad sli gtx 580's. ;-p (though you need a really big case for that monster board!)

As for Tri sli/tri crossfire on a sandy board mobo, I'd think that something like the Asus Maximus IV extreme (or Z version) would be good enough for it? It has an extra NF200 chip on it to boost the available PCIe lanes.

I was wondering about your choice of dual channel RAM as well since X58 boards run best with triple channel, right?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

ewww , an Nvidia user ewwww