By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Another "Check out my new PC" thread...but with pictures!

lol yeah, I haven't tried water cooling yet for that reason, I hope you can get your money back on the CPU cooling equipment or sell it.

I'm helping my brother build a new system here is what we have gone for :

Case : Thermaltake Element V
CPU : 2600K
CPU Heatsink: Corsair H60 liquid cooling (closed system)
Motherboard : ASUS P8Z68-V PRO ( only 2 way Sli but thats fine, got some nice features)
Graphics : Evga Gtx 580 Super Clocked
PSU : 850Watt Corsair HX
Ram :  8Gb (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance (1600Mhz)
Harddrive 1 : Crucial M4 128Gb (Sata III)
Harddrive 2 : 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green (sata III)

Looking for a good 3D/120Mhz monitor.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Around the Network

And when those water tubes break, your PC is fucked. Water cooling just doesn't seem like a good idea.

You have 32 times as much RAM in your PC as there is in the PS3. Quite amazing that some people still think PS3 is cutting edge.

Does the PCIe link width on the second/third card really make such a difference to performance it's worth sacrificing a Sandy Bridge for? I would have thought x4 would be acceptable.

Venji said:

lol yeah, I haven't tried water cooling yet for that reason, I hope you can get your money back on the CPU cooling equipment or sell it.

I'm helping my brother build a new system here is what we have gone for :

Case : Thermaltake Element V
CPU : 2600K
CPU Heatsink: Corsair H60 liquid cooling (closed system)
Motherboard : ASUS P8Z68-V PRO ( only 2 way Sli but thats fine, got some nice features)
Graphics : Evga Gtx 580 Super Clocked
PSU : 850Watt Corsair HX
Ram :  8Gb (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance (1600Mhz)
Harddrive 1 : Crucial M4 128Gb (Sata III)
Harddrive 2 : 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green (sata III)

Looking for a good 3D/120Mhz monitor.

Yeah that setup will be pretty sweet. I have a viewsonic 22inch 3d monitor. Don't get that one...lol. I use it on my downloads/server PC, not even or gaming...

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
And when those water tubes break, your PC is fucked. Water cooling just doesn't seem like a good idea.

If you get cheap parts maybe. I can tug on these tibes all day long without spillage...

Soleron said:
Does the PCIe link width on the second/third card really make such a difference to performance it's worth sacrificing a Sandy Bridge for? I would have thought x4 would be acceptable.

x4 is not good enough from what I read.

There just wasn't anything comparable for the price on sandy bridge front. I could have got the i5 and a 2 way SLI for same price. This should be faster anyways and is a real deal 3 way SLI mobo. I do want to thank sandy bridge for driving the price down as the same gear was 800 bucks 6 months ago, almost double what I paid. :)

I was hoping to wait for buldozer and see what thats all about but AMD took to long...

i need an new screen to match the one i have and have dvi and hdmi to run my ps3 as well.

once i have that done i will see how my setup runs games and heavy duty programs before upgrading to better mother board to support crossfire HD Radeons and upgrade to 8gb ram and get an cooling system to remove the noise i have from 7 fans running at the moment :D.

also: at least you dont have the most prefect cord mangement, i fought mine was bad when i put it together but after seeing your i am not so bad. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

mchaza said:

i need an new screen to match the one i have and have dvi and hdmi to run my ps3 as well.

once i have that done i will see how my setup runs games and heavy duty programs before upgrading to better mother board to support crossfire HD Radeons and upgrade to 8gb ram and get an cooling system to remove the noise i have from 7 fans running at the moment :D.

also: at least you dont have the most prefect cord mangement, i fought mine was bad when i put it together but after seeing your i am not so bad. 

For what it counts, that pic was taken while I was testing everything still. Its a little neater now...not much though. :)

disolitude you're lucky because the crysis 2 DX11 Patch + High Res Texture Pack arrives on monday =) You should be armed now. ;)