By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Another "Check out my new PC" thread...but with pictures!

DaColdFlash said:
disolitude you're lucky because the crysis 2 DX11 Patch + High Res Texture Pack arrives on monday =) You should be armed now. ;)

haha, yes. Hopefully they patch the AI too :)

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Soleron said:

I was hoping to wait for buldozer and see what thats all about but AMD took to long...

Yeah, the hype train derailed a few weeks back. No one expects it to shift Intel's pricing anyway.

damn its gorgeous lol.

One thing I am slightly concerned about is adding a 3rd GTX580 which I plan to do in like months.

The SLI bridge for watercooling that I got is 2 way SLI compatible. Not sure if these guys sell a 3 way SLI bridge. Also there just isn't enough room in this case for an air cooled dual slot GTX580, has to be single slot.

I guess I could get one of the EVGA hydro copper 2 or something similar and try to connect it as a separate watercooled card...

Sweet ass setup

Btw what makes the 16x 8x 8x PCIE setup better than any another setup? Or even just compared to a 16x 16x 1x?

I would post pictures of mine but it would sadly not compare well

Around the Network

I think that here, I'd have to sacrifice 3 months of salary for a monster of that sort. God damn man, you don't hold back!
I'm gonna go on and build a desktop of my own soon enough as well.,, just waiting to see what Bulldozer brings to the table... if it doesn't improve much, Intel it is again!

Vetteman94 said:
Sweet ass setup

Btw what makes the 16x 8x 8x PCIE setup better than any another setup? Or even just compared to a 16x 16x 1x?

I would post pictures of mine but it would sadly not compare well

Thanks!

If one plans to go 3 way SLI and plays games at 5760x1080 reso (both apply to me), x16, x8, x8 is usually the better option as adding an x4 slot hurts the bandwith of the graphics cards.

I've never seen an x16,x16 vs x4 ,x4 comparison but here is x16s vs x8s. For normal resolutions the performance hit is not noticable however when kicking up the resolution the framerate drops. You can imagine how an x4 slot would hurt the performance...

http://hardocp.com/article/2010/08/23/gtx_480_sli_pcie_bandwidth_perf_x16x16_vs_x8x8/2

All of the Sandy Bridge boards I found were x16 single card, x8, x8 dual cards, or X16, x8, x4 tripple. There was a few like this one which are x16, x8, x8 like this one, but whatever...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128499

Even in the feedback comments people are saying " Only x16/x16 sli sandy bridge board out there."...lol

I was wondering why you choose Raven 1 and then i noticed water cooling :)

I'm an air cooling guy so I have Raven 2 at home :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
I was wondering why you choose Raven 1 and then i noticed water cooling :)

I'm an air cooling guy so I have Raven 2 at home :)

Yeah, this is correct...

Plus it was on sale at a decent price. :)

^Speaking of which, guys, is there a good place for CASE reviews? Being a PC building newbie, I... can't distinguish for shit. I will be building a whole 3 new PC's in the close future, I'd love to see a place to assist me w/that :D