By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Editorial: 3DS vs. PS Vita - Will History Repeat Itself?

dany612 said:
o_O.Q said:
dany612 said:
Mr Khan said:
o_O.Q said:
Mr Khan said:

This is irrelevant to the current debate, given that the console versions would undercut sales of Call of Duty on Vita, whereas Mario Kart would be a unique game with no immediate competitor, and would thus serve as a reason to buy the console.

so why is it that CoD given only 6 months can sell half as much as mario kart ds which took at least 3 or 4 years to sell what its sold on both the 360 and ps3 when each version of the game has to compete with at least 3 or so other platforms ( for example the ps3 version competes with 360 and wii )

I'm not entirely sure what we're talking about here. I'm saying that Call of Duty's ability to be a system-seller for Vita will be impaired for various reasons, and the game's overall sales numbers and speed at which it sells are not relevant to the argument that it could be. This isn't a Mario Kart v. CoD debate.

Mario games are not known for its short sale gains, they come over time in a steady manner. They show the greatest legs.  o_O Q it's hard debating with you when I have no idea what point you are trying to get across with.

Also you mentioned why buy a 3DS, the same thing can be applied as to why someone will buy a 'PS3 instead of a 360 or a DS over PSP. Mario kart 3DS has value to justify that instead of buying a Kart Wii bundle. It has a different experience, it's not simply just a port.

all im saying is that CoD can be considered to be system seller the same way mario kart can i didn't realise that that was hard to pick up on as its what i said before

furthermore you gave a point about opting to buy it on consoles instead but obviously that would also be a problem for the 3ds as well why is someone going to pay around $300 for a 3ds with mario kart 3d when they can just get the wii mario kart bundle for $150?

Why buy a PSvita and COD on it when you can just buy the game and play it ont he PS3, Wii, 360?

VITA = portable

PS3/360 = not portable

simple concept really.

Around the Network
Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Buzzi said:

lolwut?

ok let me put it this way to you

it's not about 'balance' or any of that crap for ninty...they handled the 3ds launch HORRIBLY!

and add thigns like bad battery life, region lock, friend code (seriously, it's 2011 already for crying out loud) and non stop stream of ports...not sure why you would use the term 'balance' here but but looks like piss poor stuff from ninty on hw and sw front so far.

it's NOT about playing all your cards, it's about playing your card rights, neither you or me know what sony has in store additionally, but so far they have done so so much better than ninty in the handling of their new handheld. Solid HW, GREAT value for the price unlike the overpriced 3ds hw, good variety of games with LOTS of new IP's even before GC and TGS!

and I honestly don't care about this 3ds vs psv stuff sales wise...cuz as a consumer that is just an online hobby and won't affect me otherwise. I seriously doubt psv will outsell 3ds LT either. But heck give Sony cred where cred is due and call out ninty when they mess up. So far Sony have given everything fans wanted and asked for. So no it's not about balance, it's not about playing 'all; you cards (really? I mean really? time machine you have, i need it) it's about playing your cards right :) simple as that

there you go

how is that a comparison os psv vs 3ds battery life? :S it just says bad battery life...for the 3ds..I've already explained why this is a HUGE step back and loss of an attractive plus the ds had. wanna keep looking?

I don’t need to look more.

Using battery life of the 3DS as being bad means you know (or think you know) the PSV will have better battery :P

umm how about no? you are just reaching now :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

radiantshadow92 said:
Dizzle this thread got fucked lol.

All i gotta say is that if nintendo keeps the 3ds the same price as a the vita, they are going to end up like this thread.

Radiantshadow, you don't know how badly I want to comment on the negativity of both sides right now, but I am good boy! :P  This thread as just funny and sad at the same time. 

Also ya 3DS will most likely drop the price come sometime next year... 

o_O.Q said:
dany612 said:
o_O.Q said:
dany612 said:
Mr Khan said:
o_O.Q said:
Mr Khan said:

This is irrelevant to the current debate, given that the console versions would undercut sales of Call of Duty on Vita, whereas Mario Kart would be a unique game with no immediate competitor, and would thus serve as a reason to buy the console.

so why is it that CoD given only 6 months can sell half as much as mario kart ds which took at least 3 or 4 years to sell what its sold on both the 360 and ps3 when each version of the game has to compete with at least 3 or so other platforms ( for example the ps3 version competes with 360 and wii )

I'm not entirely sure what we're talking about here. I'm saying that Call of Duty's ability to be a system-seller for Vita will be impaired for various reasons, and the game's overall sales numbers and speed at which it sells are not relevant to the argument that it could be. This isn't a Mario Kart v. CoD debate.

Mario games are not known for its short sale gains, they come over time in a steady manner. They show the greatest legs.  o_O Q it's hard debating with you when I have no idea what point you are trying to get across with.

Also you mentioned why buy a 3DS, the same thing can be applied as to why someone will buy a 'PS3 instead of a 360 or a DS over PSP. Mario kart 3DS has value to justify that instead of buying a Kart Wii bundle. It has a different experience, it's not simply just a port.

all im saying is that CoD can be considered to be system seller the same way mario kart can i didn't realise that that was hard to pick up on as its what i said before

furthermore you gave a point about opting to buy it on consoles instead but obviously that would also be a problem for the 3ds as well why is someone going to pay around $300 for a 3ds with mario kart 3d when they can just get the wii mario kart bundle for $150?

Why buy a PSvita and COD on it when you can just buy the game and play it ont he PS3, Wii, 360?

very simple answer unlike the 3ds situation where i have to pay twice the money i can get it for less with vita

Even if you're right, CoD isn't as huge as MK if you count one platform alone. Let alone the weakest platform for sales.

But i don't believe CoD could be a system seller for Vita. The fanbase is attached to the home consoles and that's about it. Neither i believe Vita would be a good platform to play FPS.

That's the last genre that comes in mind when thinking in portable gaming. At least to me.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Buzzi said:

lolwut?

ok let me put it this way to you

it's not about 'balance' or any of that crap for ninty...they handled the 3ds launch HORRIBLY!

and add thigns like bad battery life, region lock, friend code (seriously, it's 2011 already for crying out loud) and non stop stream of ports...not sure why you would use the term 'balance' here but but looks like piss poor stuff from ninty on hw and sw front so far.

it's NOT about playing all your cards, it's about playing your card rights, neither you or me know what sony has in store additionally, but so far they have done so so much better than ninty in the handling of their new handheld. Solid HW, GREAT value for the price unlike the overpriced 3ds hw, good variety of games with LOTS of new IP's even before GC and TGS!

and I honestly don't care about this 3ds vs psv stuff sales wise...cuz as a consumer that is just an online hobby and won't affect me otherwise. I seriously doubt psv will outsell 3ds LT either. But heck give Sony cred where cred is due and call out ninty when they mess up. So far Sony have given everything fans wanted and asked for. So no it's not about balance, it's not about playing 'all; you cards (really? I mean really? time machine you have, i need it) it's about playing your cards right :) simple as that

there you go

how is that a comparison os psv vs 3ds battery life? :S it just says bad battery life...for the 3ds..I've already explained why this is a HUGE step back and loss of an attractive plus the ds had. wanna keep looking?

I don’t need to look more.

Using battery life of the 3DS as being bad means you know (or think you know) the PSV will have better battery :P

Well you were using it against it so that’s why I assumed you meant it that way :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

i think the battle will be closer than the ds vs psp fight was, but nintendo has the handheld killer series : pokemon. ps vita will sell i think about what the psp did, and i think the 3ds will break 100 million when its done.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Well you were using it against it so that’s why I assumed you meant it that way :P

:P it's a misunderstanding then..no worries

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i think the battle will be closer than the ds vs psp fight was, but nintendo has the handheld killer series : pokemon. ps vita will sell i think about what the psp did, and i think the 3ds will break 100 million when its done.

I think at the end of the generation it will be something like this 90million 3DS vs 60 million Vita, I don't have high hopes for either really. However I will give myself 20 million Plus or Minus for both. I think handheld gaming is going to start decling and eventaully become mobile gaming (cellphone market), which totally sucks for me, since I love handhelds.  

9087 said:
dany612 said:
o_O.Q said:
dany612 said:
Mr Khan said:
o_O.Q said:
Mr Khan said:

VITA = portable

PS3/360 = not portable

simple concept really.

He's just confusing me, hes saying why one should buy a 3DS when one can get a game and a Wii for less. It's the same concept when getting PSV and COD.

PSP sold 70million.... I think VITA will do 90 million