By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Editorial: 3DS vs. PS Vita - Will History Repeat Itself?

I think none of the two handhelds will come close to the sales of their predecessors.

Around the Network

the sales war hasn't started, but the war of words has and while i see vita with a small lead its hard to say who will truel win in the end

Both will fail. Mobile gaming is all about cellphones now.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

small44 said:
I don't think 3DS have a good amount of console game:metal gear,dead or alive,reident evil and PSvita has also . 3DS has no new IP.

What about Steel Diver?

Or Time Travellers?

Or Beyond The Labyrinth?

Please stop with all the blatent ignorant lies.  To even claim such a thing means that you either don't know almost anything about the 3DS or you do and just want to put the console down.  If you wanted to express an opinion, you should've stated '3DS doesn't have nearly enough new IPs', or words to that effect.  To say absolute that 3DS has 'no new IP' is just incorrect.

MrT-Tar said:
small44 said:
I don't think 3DS have a good amount of console game:metal gear,dead or alive,reident evil and PSvita has also . 3DS has no new IP.

What about Steel Diver?

Or Time Travellers?

Or Beyond The Labyrinth?

Please stop with all the blatent ignorant lies.  To even claim such a thing means that you either don't know almost anything about the 3DS or you do and just want to put the console down.  If you wanted to express an opinion, you should've stated '3DS doesn't have nearly enough new IPs', or words to that effect.  To say absolute that 3DS has 'no new IP' is just incorrect.

I'm sorry i never heard about thats games thank for informations.

So both consoles have new IP and both have port and spin off.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

The argument is quite simple.
The system has no games if I don't own or intent to buy the system.

Aiddon said:
it might be a closer fight, but I expect Nintendo to still reign supreme. They actually seem to treat portables like, well, portables with their games instead of just doing games that are better suited to a console. It's why the PSP was such a boring system for devs

spot on g! it will be closer that ds and psp but 3ds style games suit portable gaming heaps more. 

can you imagine trying quickscope dudes halfway across the map on a tiny screen? hard enough on anything less that 32 inch.    

when im out and on the move i wanna jam a quick game of mario kart and pokemon. When im at home with my big screen tv and surround sound i like tear up some cod! 

Nikejordanlink is the most successful wholesaler store in recent year,you can find cheap and discount
nike shox torch
nike air max 2011
air jordan 2010
jordan retro shoes
new jordan shoes 2010 nike air max 2011 mens shoes jordan retro 1 shoes
nike free mens shoes
nike free womens shoes
air jordan 2010 shoes .
If you are interested in this store please don't hesitate to visit us :http://www.nikejordanlink.com.

Well, even though vita looks nice, at the end everything is going to depend of the games...
IMO, the ds beat the psp by a huge mile game-wise, as an owner of both systems, the difference was just way too big... I only have 5 psp games! (MHFU, MH3P, dissidia FF, patapon & little big planet) while I have more than 50 ds games...
I love nintendo games so for me the 3ds is just miles ahead of the vita, because again, I dont see any games that could appeal to my taste, vita seems to be focus to attract ps3 gamers, psp again.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

TakeMeToTheHospital said:
Aiddon said:
it might be a closer fight, but I expect Nintendo to still reign supreme. They actually seem to treat portables like, well, portables with their games instead of just doing games that are better suited to a console. It's why the PSP was such a boring system for devs

spot on g! it will be closer that ds and psp but 3ds style games suit portable gaming heaps more.

can you imagine trying quickscope dudes halfway across the map on a tiny screen? hard enough on anything less that 32 inch.

when im out and on the move i wanna jam a quick game of mario kart and pokemon. When im at home with my big screen tv and surround sound i like tear up some cod!

Little big planet and modnation racers are more handheld game then home console game;also little deviants,reality fighter,smartas etc are all unique game.

I prefer a PSVita then boy a PS3 and a HD tv.

Not all prefer playing ps3 more than psvita if you want unique game then chosse   little deviants,reality fighter,smartas,gravity daze etc  if someone want home console like game they will chose uncharted golden abyss etc.

If someone want just game they will choose as much unique games then tradionnal games.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m