By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Much Will the Wii U Controller Cost?

How Much Will the Wii U Controller Cost?

Over $100 26 20.80%

$99.99 37 29.60%

$89.99 11 8.80%

$79.99 26 20.80%

$69.99 or less 25 20.00%

Total:125

Around the Network

about $150....................... AUD

$80 ish. I think people are thinking Ipad, when it isn't even remotely similar...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
$80 ish. I think people are thinking Ipad, when it isn't even remotely similar...

$80 seems to be too low of a margin... Some people may be thinking iPad, but don't forget you need to think Nintendo

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Carl2291 said:
$80 with Wii U Play

This. It could not sell well alone, but with a game (I would actually prefer Wii U Sports) at a similar price it could do very well. I'm sure at the end they'll enable a minimum of 2 controllers at the beginning, then, if there's the possibility with future firmware updates updatesm even 3 or 4. I understood that the problem is in sending a signal to TV and 1 to the controller, but for some types of games it could work, if they use minimal power.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:
Conegamer said:

$80 seems to be too low of a margin... Some people may be thinking iPad, but don't forget you need to think Nintendo

Yeah, and it'll likely cost around $40 to make. 100% profit is good.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

V-r0cK said:
HappySqurriel said:
gumby_trucker said:
If the original Wiimote cost $10 to manufacture in 2006, and was sold at $40, I just really hate Nintendo for not going with motion-plus from day one. Greedy bastards.

Just think about how little the $50 PS3 and XBox 360 controllers cost to manufacture ...

And thats why I wouldnt be surprised if the Wii U controller will be priced +$100.  Just imagine if/when Nintendo makes multiplayer games that required 4 Wii U controllers lol

Ya like....then it would still be cheaper then the PS3 when it was released LOL

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Conegamer said:
gumby_trucker said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah, and it'll likely cost around $40 to make. 100% profit is good.

if it's $40 then that's a good estimate on the final price, though I imagine in that case they'd need to lower the price on wiimote/nunchucks too...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Don't really know how much it will cost, but the uDraw tablet costs about 69.99.
I think it will cost about 79.99.

gumby_trucker said:
HappySqurriel said:
gumby_trucker said:
If the original Wiimote cost $10 to manufacture in 2006, and was sold at $40, I just really hate Nintendo for not going with motion-plus from day one. Greedy bastards.

Just think about how little the $50 PS3 and XBox 360 controllers cost to manufacture ...

I don't think it's the same... My point was actually based on something that has been discussed in earlier threads about Wii. If it had motion-plus from day one, chances are we would have seen more games that fulfilled its initial promise, and possibly some better support, too. Things would have looked very differently for Wii gamers if that happened...

thank you, i thought i was the only person in the world who thought this, i cant even add anything, this just sums up my feelings on motion+