By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All right gamrConnect, we're going to play Zelda games together!

Pavolink said:
IncredibleZombieMan said:
@ Pavolink

Good luck with that i you havent already beaten it

Played again Twilight Princess!

3 hearts, no shield and Ordon Sword, go to Cave of Ordeals and.... failed! D:

I was so close to complete. Died at the level with two Aeralfos and one darknut, just a couple of levels to finish. Damn. Maybe I will try again, but I'm more interest to do a harder walkthrough:

- Only 3 hearts

- No shield

- Ordon Sword (except for necessy parts)

- Only first bottle, no potions, milk or fairies allowed (should be used for lantern oil)

- No hidden skill, except for the first one only for learning purposes, no for use

- Zora armor (vulnerable to ice/fire attacks)

- No warp

- Every dungeon/cave must be done

- Only one bomb bag (nomal bombs>water bombs>bomblings)

- No wallet/bow/bomb bags expansions

- No Magic Armor

- Every path in Hyrule must be opened

- Fish journal/bugs side-quest complete, at least 57 poes

Btw, playing TP yesterday, found one interesting detail: Zant cannot be touched with Ordon Sword, he banish, so Master Sword is mandatory. Now I'm interest to know if the same is with Ganondorf.

I'll be trying that, after i finish wind waker

Around the Network

Just played four swords for the first time. Died against vaati since I was playing it solo. I need some teammates.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Almost done replaying Wind Waker. I must note that there are moments when the game's combat mechanics really shine, and that makes it a shame that they didn't make combat more vigorous in more places. One room in the Savage Labyrinth in particular was really fun, where they gave you two Stalfos and four Redead, and you had to cautiously engage the Stalfos so as not to get paralyzed by the Redead (which would then let the Stalfos get you), but once you've disposed of the Stalfos, you can pick up their maces and throw them at the Redead, stunning them just long enough for you to dive in and attack

Too often the combat is too easy, but the mechanics were there to make something really intricate.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

This past summer I finally finished for the first time ever the original Zelda... both quests too!

Why so long? Well, I never had the original back in the day... I started with Zelda II (which I also re-beat not too long ago), and then ALTTP (which I've completed so many times I lost count), and then so on for all the main console Zeldas. I've never played the GB Zelda's like Link's Awakening or Oracle of Ages / Seasons... only the Minish Cap, which I loved.

I think I'm going to tackle Link's Awakening next... I'll post my impressions of the game once I get started.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Beat Wind Waker. Toughest parts are the Dragon Roost Cavern room in Ganon's tower and the snake form of Puppet Ganon. Actually didn't even get touched by final Ganondorf, and i seem to remember him being tougher

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:
Beat Wind Waker. Toughest parts are the Dragon Roost Cavern room in Ganon's tower and the snake form of Puppet Ganon. Actually didn't even get touched by final Ganondorf, and i seem to remember him being tougher

The Wind Waker is all about the story and graphics, not the gameplay.

As i said further up the page, there is a depth of gameplay mechanics that shines through once in a while, but the low difficulty means you rarely see it outside the Savage Labyrinth

Started reading this thread 4 days ago and I can see I missed so much. I'm really not sure if I should be counted in, 'cause I only have TP and it isn't even mine. -_-'

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I'm currently playing OOT on 3DS. Still a great experience.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Oot 3d is awesome, i got it last week

Damn I need to finish Twilight Princess before Skyward Swords arrives!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069