By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata on Wii failures - No HD/No Hardcore

what the hell happened to Iwata?! I can't believe all the nonsense he's been saying lately. If he really thinks what he's been speaking Nintendo will be in trouble for sure. I only hope he talks like this only to get third parties happy and have their support.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
oniyide said:

good to see that there are Nintendo fans that arent "3rd parties are evil, they hate Ninty" bullcrap. GC was able to run those engines and that system got alot of "core" 3rd party support, much better than WIi IMHO. Hell the N64 wasnt that bad, it just got some late ports

Agreed. And could be better if they don't screw their own console with those "mini-disc" (or cartridges on N64). Right now I like Wii U, but the thing that worries me is the high-density disc. Not sure if 25GB is enough for some developers, or if at least is dual-layer.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Seece said:
Pavolink said:

I doubt they register only for fun:

Oh no, they do, just to taunt fans *cough* Halo Wars 2

But you get instead Aniversary and 4, no? Is a better deal.

Pavolink said:
oniyide said:

good to see that there are Nintendo fans that arent "3rd parties are evil, they hate Ninty" bullcrap. GC was able to run those engines and that system got alot of "core" 3rd party support, much better than WIi IMHO. Hell the N64 wasnt that bad, it just got some late ports

Agreed. And could be better if they don't screw their own console with those "mini-disc" (or cartridges on N64). Right now I like Wii U, but the thing that worries me is the high-density disc. Not sure if 25GB is enough for some developers, or if at least is dual-layer.

i am also liking the Wii U, I think 25gb is enough. I believe PS3 has that much and devs barely fill up that disc. If they can find a way around this one tablet per conosle crap then we are off to a good start.

On a side note this whole 3rd parties didnt try with Nintendo is utter crap, how about Ninty didnt try with 3rd parties. They didnt with n64, GC or Wii

oniyide said:
Pavolink said:
oniyide said:

i am also liking the Wii U, I think 25gb is enough. I believe PS3 has that much and devs barely fill up that disc. If they can find a way around this one tablet per conosle crap then we are off to a good start.

On a side note this whole 3rd parties didnt try with Nintendo is utter crap, how about Ninty didnt try with 3rd parties. They didnt with n64, GC or Wii

PS3 games also sometimes have duplicated data to speed up loading times because of the low speed of the Blu Ray drive in the PS3, if Nintendo are avoiding that problem with the Wii U, then 25GB would be more than enough, unless Kojima wanted to make an MGS game with 400 hours of cutscenes or something.

And really, the third party thing. Both parties have a portion of the blame. Nintendo didn't give third party developers the best set of tools to work with, but a good workman never blames his tools... This tit-for-tat squabbling needs to stop.

VGChartz

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

PS3 games also sometimes have duplicated data to speed up loading times because of the low speed of the Blu Ray drive in the PS3, if Nintendo are avoiding that problem with the Wii U, then 25GB would be more than enough, unless Kojima wanted to make an MGS game with 400 hours of cutscenes or something.

And really, the third party thing. Both parties have a portion of the blame. Nintendo didn't give third party developers the best set of tools to work with, but a good workman never blames his tools... This tit-for-tat squabbling needs to stop.

No Metal Gear for Wii U confirmed!

:(

Pavolink said:
milkyjoe said:

No Metal Gear for Wii U confirmed!

:(

You have to remember some of the crap that went into MGS4 to make it as big as it was, though. Weren't there like 4 hours of unlooped radio static on the disc?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

You have to remember some of the crap that went into MGS4 to make it as big as it was, though. Weren't there like 4 hours of unlooped radio static on the disc?

Dunno. But that Zelda GIF looks amazing.

milkyjoe said:
oniyide said:
Pavolink said:
oniyide said:

blame both parties?? fair enough

oniyide said:
milkyjoe said:
oniyide said:
Pavolink said:
oniyide said:

blame both parties?? fair enough

Whats Kojima's excuse for Metal Gear Solid 3 poor performance on the 3DS?