By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata on Wii failures - No HD/No Hardcore

milkyjoe said:
oniyide said:
Pavolink said:
oniyide said:

good to see that there are Nintendo fans that arent "3rd parties are evil, they hate Ninty" bullcrap. GC was able to run those engines and that system got alot of "core" 3rd party support, much better than WIi IMHO. Hell the N64 wasnt that bad, it just got some late ports

Agreed. And could be better if they don't screw their own console with those "mini-disc" (or cartridges on N64). Right now I like Wii U, but the thing that worries me is the high-density disc. Not sure if 25GB is enough for some developers, or if at least is dual-layer.

i am also liking the Wii U, I think 25gb is enough. I believe PS3 has that much and devs barely fill up that disc. If they can find a way around this one tablet per conosle crap then we are off to a good start.

On a side note this whole 3rd parties didnt try with Nintendo is utter crap, how about Ninty didnt try with 3rd parties. They didnt with n64, GC or Wii

PS3 games also sometimes have duplicated data to speed up loading times because of the low speed of the Blu Ray drive in the PS3, if Nintendo are avoiding that problem with the Wii U, then 25GB would be more than enough, unless Kojima wanted to make an MGS game with 400 hours of cutscenes or something.

And really, the third party thing. Both parties have a portion of the blame. Nintendo didn't give third party developers the best set of tools to work with, but a good workman never blames his tools... This tit-for-tat squabbling needs to stop.

This is my problem with a lot of third party complaints in a nutshell.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Wow Iwata, talk about missing the point. The real shortcomings for the Wii was nintendo not following through on more motion controlled games, particularly motion plus. No HD and hardcore is of little consequence for Wii. I don't get why he sees the lack of these features as "failures", when both other consoles had these features and yet Wii has vastly outsold them.