Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony always improves Nintendo's innovations

Carl2291 said:
I currently think Nintendo did the right thing by putting HD gaming on the Wii, and not following the crowd.

The analogue nub on the original DS was also great.

You a sneaky, sneaky boy!

OT: I think each manufacturer feeds off another in some form or fashion, but Nintendo does seem to want to innovate beyond what's been done already (a lot of the time, not all the time).

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Sony also always takes Nintendo's profitable ideas, and somehow figures out a way to copy it and lose billions on it.

Any examples?

CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
I currently think Nintendo did the right thing by putting HD gaming on the Wii, and not following the crowd.

OT: I think each manufacturer feeds off another in some form or fashion, but Nintendo does seem to want to innovate beyond what's been done already (a lot of the time, not all the time).

are you serious?

ninty_shareholder64 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:

are you serious?

If you've got an actual debate handy, I have some spare time.

Seece said:

Dual touch screen controller? It'll be like a gigantic DS!!

They've kinda had something like that in development for a loooong time. Was revealed in April.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-04/26/sony-s1-s2-android-tablets

Dual-Screen Tablet!

Around the Network

Well from what I read a couple of years a go the only reason you couldn't use a PSP as a PS3 controller was because of the button limitation, so well with the Ps Vita you dont have that problem and therefore adding the Ps vita as a Ps3 controller is trivial really ...

And therefore emulating a Wii U controller is something that they might be able to accomplish if they are able to have a stable a quick response time between the vita and the console.

reading it sounds like sony is a one upsman douche

like for thousands of years ice cream cones only had one scoop and it was unthinkable for anything else. you think ice cream cone and you think a typical one scoop cone. THEN Nintendo came along and gave it two scoops and just blew everyones mind. something so genius and yet so simple.

then sony comes along and is like "hmm you can ADD scoops, well then HOW about THREE scoops." or more likely in sony's case they add like 5. Then they are like "worship us peons, we are genius' who thought of adding scoops of ice cream."

CGI-Quality said:
Jumpin said:
Sony also always takes Nintendo's profitable ideas, and somehow figures out a way to copy it and lose billions on it.

Any examples?

I'm scratching my head n my dogs ears at the same time, I have no clue what that post was about.

The Cell processor wasn't ninty's idea, blu ray wasn't (the major reasons for PS3's billions losses).....before PS3 both PS2/PS1 were profitable, maybe a bit less as SONY sold them at a loss (but that wasn't copied)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:
CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:

are you serious?

Oh, i just notice that you said :"... does seem to want to innovate..." and not "...doesn't seem to want to innovate..." -lol

I don't know if we have controverse standpoints for an actual debate.

CGI-Quality said:
CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:

are you serious?

Oh, i just notice that you said :"... does seem to want to innovate..." and not "...doesn't seem to want to innovate..." -lol

I don't know if we have controverse standpoints for an actual debate.

I'm still unclear on what you thought I wasn't be serious about, but outside of that I agree, there doesn't seem to be any subject to debate.