By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Kind of Already Has a Portable Gaming Machine.....

There's actually a WIndows Phone 7 thingy on Xbox Live right now. Some FMV chick will eyeball your Avatar and try to seduce it into buying a Phone. Of course, my Avatar had sex with her, promised he would call, and gave her a fake phone number.

Around the Network
Mythe said:

I really wanted a Playstation phone, but like you said it's not connected to PSN, so there is no way to connect to my PSN profile. Which is kind of sad because of all the stuff Sony can bring to the table in the phone if they were connected. I could cross game voice chat with my friends and have my friend list on psn on my phone for easy on the go gaming with friends.

In the end it's not even really a Playstation phone, it's just Playstation Certified.

It's even sadder, as they have a PSN app as well.

The Play is obviously good if you really like playing games on your phone, and I think they should deliver yearly updates to it. It's just the software side I think is very much lacking so far. Of course, making it available for all phones is a good idea. So far, at least, the best one.

As for MS, I think they've cared too little about the mobile market, and now they're clearly losing it. I'm not sure what they can do to regain it, except perhaps try to start building phones themselves.

Ready for a Kaboom!?

http://wmpoweruser.com/xbox-360-kinect-and-windows-phone-7microsofts-answer-to-the-wii-u/

Microsoft showed off a Wii U like concept where you can use the screen of WP7 as a real time input device for Xbox 360 and Kinect a whopping 4 months ago. Not only 1 screen, but 2 screens simultaneously.

Now, with Microsoft showcasing it's tablet friendly Windows 8 and stating Xbox Live will be in every device, Nintendo might be left scratching their heads by the time Wii U comes out at end of 2012.

d21lewis said:
There's actually a WIndows Phone 7 thingy on Xbox Live right now. Some FMV chick will eyeball your Avatar and try to seduce it into buying a Phone. Of course, my Avatar had sex with her, promised he would call, and gave her a fake phone number.

That's why girls should ask for a ring first. So if your going to get screwed (in more then one way), you will atleast have something to show for it =p (Like a new game console with the ring money =D)

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

MaulerX said:
Ready for a Kaboom!?

http://wmpoweruser.com/xbox-360-kinect-and-windows-phone-7microsofts-answer-to-the-wii-u/

Microsoft showed off a Wii U like concept where you can use the screen of WP7 as a real time input device for Xbox 360 and Kinect a whopping 4 months ago. Not only 1 screen, but 2 screens simultaneously.

Now, with Microsoft showcasing it's tablet friendly Windows 8 and stating Xbox Live will be in every device, Nintendo might be left scratching their heads by the time Wii U comes out at end of 2012.

Wow that was a really big Kaboom. I didn't even know this existed.

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Around the Network
MaulerX said:
Ready for a Kaboom!?

Isn't that just a proof-of-concept video? It would be cool if they can actually do it, but does Xbox have any built in technology for wireless communication?

I guess they could do it over 3G+Live, but I'm not going to believe it until they show it working.

In my opinion, in the console wars, a phone doesn't count as a gaming device.
In the gaming world, it does count.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I didn't finish reading the OP or read anyone else's post, but I've always thought that Microsoft has no need to release a portable gaming system. They make PCs..........all sorts of PCs, have the X box 360 and make tons of Windows software. If we look only at the gaming side, they currently have 2 very active platforms, PC and the 360. The additional profit (if there will be profit at all) in making a dedicated portable gaming machine to compete with Sony's and Nintendo's won't be worth the effort and research. Besides, a laptop IS a portable gaming machine, right?
And I didn't even mention the windows mobile because like the OP, I don't consider that a gaming platform.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

PullusPardus said:

I GOT ONE! woooooottt...

but the user interface is very shitty, its no wonder no one buys it, it looks like its running on a homebrew'd OS , just a black background with green words in the front , kinda like how VGchartz used to look like, and the "Tiles" look slightly off, they're on the side with a noticable space on the right of the screen that is unused (Wtf?) you can change the black to white , and change the tiles colors to a bunch of colors, but it is still very unappealing, i bought it myself to play the exclusive XBL games, but they should really make it more appealing , and more user friendly (which is ironic from their ad campaign) , the phone is confusing , they mostly use icons instead of words so you don't know what this icon does unless you remember it , for example if you want to select "more options" you have to touch a barely seen icon tucked in the bottom right of the screen with a "...." , at first i never knew its an icon i thought its just a background thing, and it doesn't say what it does, so yeah they really need to make it more appealing! , i never going to see myself using this OS in my daily activities, Android and IOS are ironically more user friendly , and are much faster, which is another issue with Windows Phone 7 , is that everytime you select an app or folder, it shows you an unneeded little animation similar to the one you see in dvd/bluray movies when you select for example "Scene Selection"

Really? I have one and I think its a fantastic interface...pretty basic but its seriously great.

yo_john117 said:
PullusPardus said:

I GOT ONE! woooooottt...

but the user interface is very shitty, its no wonder no one buys it, it looks like its running on a homebrew'd OS , just a black background with green words in the front , kinda like how VGchartz used to look like, and the "Tiles" look slightly off, they're on the side with a noticable space on the right of the screen that is unused (Wtf?) you can change the black to white , and change the tiles colors to a bunch of colors, but it is still very unappealing, i bought it myself to play the exclusive XBL games, but they should really make it more appealing , and more user friendly (which is ironic from their ad campaign) , the phone is confusing , they mostly use icons instead of words so you don't know what this icon does unless you remember it , for example if you want to select "more options" you have to touch a barely seen icon tucked in the bottom right of the screen with a "...." , at first i never knew its an icon i thought its just a background thing, and it doesn't say what it does, so yeah they really need to make it more appealing! , i never going to see myself using this OS in my daily activities, Android and IOS are ironically more user friendly , and are much faster, which is another issue with Windows Phone 7 , is that everytime you select an app or folder, it shows you an unneeded little animation similar to the one you see in dvd/bluray movies when you select for example "Scene Selection"

Really? I have one and I think its a fantastic interface...pretty basic but its seriously great.

i'm sure you haven't read the wall of text i posted, but i don't blame you

i explained why i think its shitty.