By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ladies and gents I feel we have finally come full circle (Nintendo hate)

dont hate nintendo microsoft is the worst i <3 nintendo

EDIT: This post has been moderated for trolling. -d1

Around the Network

Not everyone in the world has/likes the two screens on the DS, and to force people to use that feature makes it not a feature, but a pro/con of the console. Which means I will probably finally play Zelda in HD, but will buy all my other games for my PS3/X360

Jealous

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

i love nintendo hate, makes for the best threads

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

badgenome said:
I'm sure some cool stuff will come of the new controller (Killer Freaks from Outer Space already has a very intriguing use for it), but by their own admission Nintendo has spent a whole generation alienating a certain type of gamer. Add to that a ridiculously vague unveiling of their new console (I wasn't even sure there WAS a console until Peter Moore mentioned it in passing) with tons of PS360 footage, and people have plenty of reason to be skeptical of the terribly named Wii U. Not all criticism of Nintendo is hate.

The only problem I have with this statement is "with tons of PS360 footage" cause publishers ALWAYS end up showing footage from PC versions for the consoles, so it's not like it's something new.  And I'm not talking about skeptics obviously cause skeptics don't go "It'll bomb cause everyone already owns a PS3 or 360" when a few months before they were saying how Nintendo is "domed" unless they bring out a HD console to cater to them, that isn't skeptical reaction that's flat out moving the goal posts as they see fit to always keep it out of the range of what Nintendo is trying to do for gaming.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:

The only problem I have with this statement is "with tons of PS360 footage" cause publishers ALWAYS end up showing footage from PC versions for the consoles, so it's not like it's something new.  And I'm not talking about skeptics obviously cause skeptics don't go "It'll bomb cause everyone already owns a PS3 or 360" when a few months before they were saying how Nintendo is "domed" unless they bring out a HD console to cater to them, that isn't skeptical reaction that's flat out moving the goal posts as they see fit to always keep it out of the range of what Nintendo is trying to do for gaming.

before e3 i would say you shouldnt really care so much about the skeptics because nintendo is doing fine ignoring them. but now that wiiu is trying to cater to that demographic, its a problem. i just dont see why nintendo listens to them when they are doing fine without them.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

No Nintendo is still trying to appeal to casuals. Seriously Wii 'U'...that's it?! Sounds gimmicky. No new controllers beside the main one, will be using Wii remotes still. are they so lazy to not create new ones?! I see this as failing hard as the GameCube for various reasons.

MaxwellGT2000 said:

I'm not really convinced the same people saying the Wii U is doomed were also saying prior to E3 that Nintendo needs to go HD. For instance, Michael Pachter has been famous for being wrong about everything thumping on about the need for a Wii HD, but now he says that Nintendo may be a day late and a dollar short since this thing isn't launching for a year or more. That's not contradictory, since he's been talking about Wii HD literally for years now and feels Nintendo may have just missed the boat. So who, specifically, are you talking about? I mean, it'd be just as easy for me to say, "Yeah, Nintendo fans are a bunch of hypocrites. One minute they're fellating Nintendo for Malstrom's 'good enough' revolution and the next they're wetting themselves over a Zelda HD tech demo." But since every Nintendo fan isn't responsible for the utterings of all Nintendo fans, that's obviously not the case. Ditto for Nintendo critics.

dany612 said:
No Nintendo is still trying to appeal to casuals. Seriously Wii 'U'...that's it?! Sounds gimmicky. No new controllers beside the main one, will be using Wii remotes still. are they so lazy to not create new ones?! I see this as failing hard as the GameCube for various reasons.

Didn't you just have a thread about how Nintendo won E3?

badgenome said:
dany612 said:

Didn't you just have a thread about how Nintendo won E3?

lol

i feel the wii u can be successful if nintendo makes some super awesome games for it. they did a good job supporting the wii alone, so im not losing hope, and like a said beofre, fuck the haters. if nintendo makes great games the wii u will have hd thrid party shit and awesome nintendo stuff on top, which should be enough for people to buy it.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.