By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted: Golden Abyss on VITA looks better than most PS3/360 games

Uncharted golden abyss is as goog as uncharted 1 for me and look better then first ps3/xbox game but i don't we they can do like uncharted 2 graphic.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

People should replay Uncharted 1, that game had issues and still looks better than most games released today. From what I've seen and from recently throwing Uncharted 1, I can honestly say that Golden Abyss looks better, because at least the character models don't look like they're made out of clay.

As for Golden Abyss versus other games, it does look better than a lot of PS3/360 games, people are taking all the best looking games and putting them into a bubble, while pushing out the hundreds of other games that are shovelware, made on a lower budget or just aren't that good. A good example would be Nier, Darksiders or Red Faction: Armageddon, both games don't look that great and they are also recent games.

I'd argue that Golden Abyss is better looking than about 60% of the games released on the PS3 or 360 and that's because I've played a lot of them and I've dealt with most of the bad ones and let me tell you, bad looking games outnumber the good looking games by 3 to 1.

As for mentioning that it's a first generation PSV game, that could cause issues later on. Sony have made the PSV extremely easy to develop for, by making it easy to develop for they might have been able to get the best out of the system straight from the get go. This means that games on the PSV aren't going to go through the same graphical evolution that they did on the PS3 or 360, they aren't going to look like Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter one day and then look like Gears of War 4 years later. It's not bad by any means, developers get an easy to develop for machine and they get to re-use assets (like what's being done in Golden Abyss), but it also means that we aren't going to see the same progression we've seen on the HD consoles. This is also speculation, just thought it might be interesting.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:
People should replay Uncharted 1, that game had issues and still looks better than most games released today. From what I've seen and from recently throwing Uncharted 1, I can honestly say that Golden Abyss looks better, because at least the character models don't look like they're made out of clay.

As for Golden Abyss versus other games, it does look better than a lot of PS3/360 games, people are taking all the best looking games and putting them into a bubble, while pushing out the hundreds of other games that are shovelware, made on a lower budget or just aren't that good. A good example would be Nier, Darksiders or Red Faction: Armageddon, both games don't look that great and they are also recent games.

I'd argue that Golden Abyss is better looking than about 60% of the games released on the PS3 or 360 and that's because I've played a lot of them and I've dealt with most of the bad ones and let me tell you, bad looking games outnumber the good looking games by 3 to 1.

As for mentioning that it's a first generation PSV game, that could cause issues later on. Sony have made the PSV extremely easy to develop for, by making it easy to develop for they might have been able to get the best out of the system straight from the get go. This means that games on the PSV aren't going to go through the same graphical evolution that they did on the PS3 or 360, they aren't going to look like Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter one day and then look like Gears of War 4 years later. It's not bad by any means, developers get an easy to develop for machine and they get to re-use assets (like what's being done in Golden Abyss), but it also means that we aren't going to see the same progression we've seen on the HD consoles. This is also speculation, just thought it might be interesting.

Just because it is easier, doesn't mean that they can max it out on their first try, each iteration of games will look better and better I am sure

Anyway, it does look lovely, but my main concern at the moment is when the PSV is coming out, as once I have that, then I will be ordering this and my PSV for sure, but Drake's Deception is still the thing I am most excited about

The fact we are even comparing these games is amazing. We've come quite far.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I think it looks on par with Drakes Fortune, any sort of comparison to the first game on PS3 that properly showed off what the system is capable of is a compliment to a portable game really. Sony Bend have obviously been working very closely with ND.

Around the Network

I wonder if Golden Abyss will have any sort of Multiplayer aspect to it

i want this ported to ps3 ;0

iluvgaming said:
i want this ported to ps3 ;0

Is Drake's Deception not enough?

Someone made a comparison between teh vita version and the first unchartered game on ps3 http://psvitaupdate.com/ungraphicscomp.html

psrock said:
The fact we are even comparing these games is amazing. We've come quite far.

Not necessarily as you can compare pretty much anything. I think I remember some people saying that GT PSP was as good/better than Forza 3...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=75297

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"