By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U: Square Enix Want To Bring Final Fantasy To Wii U

Square Enix has expressed their interest in bring their most loved Final Fantasy series to Nintendo’s recently announced Wii U console. Square Enix producer Yoshinori Kitase stated that “after seeing Wii U revealed at Nintendo’s conference, we are now considering the possibilities of bringing the Final Fantasy series to the format.” Anyone looking forward to seeing Final Fantasy arrive on Wii U?

Source

I hope this just doesn’t mean CC :P

FF13vs? i sure hope so!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I haven't really played much FF, but I might give it a whirl.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Well... The Wii has had more Final Fantasy this gen than the PS3 has had so...

No surprises here.

ok, The Wii had Final Fantasy. What's funny is while a lot of developers have the kit, Square doesn't?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

So S-E is considering taking WiiU very seriously, huh. That's very reassuring to hear. Aside from DQX, their support for the Wii has been pretty schizo at best. CRYSTAL BEARERS was a mostly enjoyable experiment but it fell short of greatness, DRAGON QUEST SWORDS was just dull, and CHOCOBO'S DUNGEON, although cute and enjoyable, doesn't have the same spark that better classics like SECRET OF MANA, FINAL FANTASY VI, and CHRONO TRIGGER gave me.

Around the Network

XV multiplat.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Versus and XV.
Though this is interesting, Square Enix comeback does not sound as thrilling as it would have sounded 7 years ago.

Bring BIOWARE and BETHESDA to me and I'm done!!

It's probably going to be a Crystal Chronicles game. Sometimes I feel like that title has become a blanket sub-series used to cover all non-chocobo FF games to grace recent Nintendo home consoles.

I'd rather them make a spirtual successor to TWEWY!

But, I don't care one way or the other. Otherwise

I just wish SE would fix there development cycle and improve the quality of there games --where is FFvsXIII, where is KH3, where are the good new IP's (last one i remember was TWEWY on DS)