By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your three most anticipated RPG's of 2011?

Tagged games:

Xenoblade- looks amazing and 'the' JRPG of the gen! Seriously guys, trust me and Darth on this one. We'll go into more detail about it later, but for now let's just say it's AWESOME!

2. TLS- it's a new slant on an exsisting genre, with amazing ideas. Love it.

3. Paper Mario. Look at the vid and disagree...

Also- ToG, Skyrim, ToA

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Since FFXIII-2 is now delayed till 2012 my list has changed.

1. XENOBLADE CHRONICLES (Expecting a holidays 2011 release)

Everything about the game I have heard points to it being the most progressive JRPG in a long time (from vids I've seen and Japanese reviews). The OST is brilliant (heard it) and the guy who's made some of the best stories in videogames (xenogears, xenosaga) did the story!

Can't wait!

2. ELDER SCROLLS V : SKYRIM (Holidays 2011)

I loved Oblivion sooo much, my fav WRPG evarr! This is that and more....nuff said.

3. FINAL FANTASY - TYPE-0 (Summer 2011 Japan...expecting a Holiday 2011 EU release)

The game looks phenomenal and is set on 2 UMD's due to the scale of the story. Airship battles on the world map, a interesting action RPG battle system, school setting...love what I'm hearing. Expecting a masterpiece here.

VA and Nintendo reps said it's coming in September.

Uni starts in september, I hope it comes before 19th september!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

SKYRM

SKYRM

and finally

SKYRIM

Metallicube said:

SKYRM

SKYRM

and finally

SKYRIM

3rd time lucky in terms of spelling!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

-Tales of Xillia

-Final Fantasy XIII-2

-Final Fanyasy TYPE-0

-Ni no Kuni Seihai no Joo PS3

-Dark Souls PS3

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

SKYRM

SKYRM

and finally

SKYRIM

I agree with this post!

Who's going to have time for anything else!?

1. The Last Story (Wii)

-Lost Odyssey was so far, the best JRPG released this generation, by far. Demon Souls was too punishing, and Final Fantasy just wasn't as touching as Lost Odyssey. to see, the creator of Final Fantasy develop a game (he hasn't developed a game since FFV), this is big.

2. The Witcher 2 (360)

-Looks really deep and engaging from the PC review. I often see 9-9.5/10 ratings for this game, RPG's rarely get rated that high. Don't know much about it, and I play to keep it that way.

3. Not sure.... I'm at a tie between XenoBlade and Dark Souls.

-XenoGears was an excellent RPG, but I'm not sure if XenoBlade will be as good. I can almost garentee Dark Souls will be as good or better then Demon Souls, so it will be a difficult challenge for XenoBlade.

Ah what the heck, XenoBlade is my Number 3. It will be nice playing a JRPG on the Wii and not whining about achievements/trophies.

Not a fan of Elder Scrolls, but Skyrm looks cool with Dragon fighting.

Tales of Xillia would round off the top 5 for me.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

for 2011?
tales of the abyss 3ds
dark souls
skyrim i suppose

tales of graces
ff13-2
tales of xillia(though i doubt we get this until like 2013

1. Deus Ex
2. Skyrim
3. Xenoblade Chronicles
4. Final Fantasy Type-0 (If it comes out this year, I don't think it will but who knows)
5. Dark Soul's

Mass Effect 3 and Final Fantasy XIII-2 would be above everything but deus ex. But they both got delayed til next year :-/

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Is my favorite game this gen and it came out this year.  And it will likely stay that way. But I wasn't anticipating it. The games I see with the potential(though slight) to beat it are. Deus Ex, Skyrim, and ....... maybe xenoblade.