By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

@DemoniOtaku That's not me. I am African American and I don't like bubble gum. Plus, this guy's name is Bkonze, my Youtube name is Kingofe3.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
ladyumbra said:
DemoniOtaku said:
ladyumbra said:
So trip has been ok so far and the vita looked great during the car ride ( I did my best to keep it out of direct sunlight though). Tonight at the hotel though something appears to be wrong. I think the hotel wifi is screwing it up. It seems to be overworking itself trying to connect to the psn ( took forever) and cannot get near to work at all. It was also telling me it was gonna take 89 minutes to download the rayman origins demo when at home I've downloaded bigger stuff in way less time. Anyways for the first time since I got it the vita seemed to be overheating and I'm mildly concerned. If the system isn't stressing itself out then this sudden overheating issue can only mean something more serious is wrong.

May be the WiFi on the Hotl is just crappy... and about the overheating happen when playing or just when trying to connect?

I played about a half hour of Lumines  before noting that  both front and back touch panels were incredibly warm to the touch.  I was also downloading the  rayman demo at the same time. I'm just worried becuase I played 3 hours straight of MHFU the other day without a hit of this kind of overheating and it wasn't doing that during the  car ride earlier today either. I swear if it just randomly decided to have some sort of internal failure I will be so mad. I really  don't want to need a replacement.

Wel.. probably the Vita with some games and others features heat up.. but overheating it isn´t.. overheating is when due to extreme temperatures the device began to fail, if yur console is not failing or prompting errors while playing or using any function, is not overheating... and about MHFU, obviously PSVita uses less resource from the system than with PSVita games... so that's why you play whithout any heating up..

Your Vita is WiFi Only or 3G model?

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

@ DemoniOtaku. Wifi only unit. I've downloaded demos before while playing lumines to pass the time till they finish and never had this problem before. I've only had the system a week though and am a bit idk extra paranoid about my new shiny suddenly having a potential problem. I think I'm just not going to use it again till I get home monday. If the random heating up goes away then the problem was clearly tied to it struggling to download something using the hotel internet while also playing a game. If it keeps happening I'll be more concerned. Sorry to come into the thread all panicky :(

I get paranoid when i play my fat PS3 for more then 2 hours at a time

ladyumbra said:
@ DemoniOtaku. Wifi only unit. I've downloaded demos before while playing lumines to pass the time till they finish and never had this problem before. I've only had the system a week though and am a bit idk extra paranoid about my new shiny suddenly having a potential problem. I think I'm just not going to use it again till I get home monday. If the random heating up goes away then the problem was clearly tied to it struggling to download something using the hotel internet while also playing a game. If it keeps happening I'll be more concerned. Sorry to come into the thread all panicky :(

No problem for this is this thread... probably (and Hopefully) be that.. But if it persist look on the web for others users with the same problem and call Technical service.. it could end being problems with firmware... have you updated recently?

@chevinator: YOU¡RE paranoic...XD I play all day with my PS3 and some times is On all day... and it works just fine... I just give it some periodical manteinance to the fancoller geting out the dust and dirty that grow there... Although I would be paranoic with a X360.. a friend want lend one to me in exchange for my PS3.. but I´m afraid that it just break when I'm playing and end losing my PS3... :(

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network

Bought a Vita.
Was not impressed by the graphics.
Took that shit back.

$250+tax>PS Vita

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

No problems with my Vita overheating. I did however get a couple freezes while trying to open content manager or go on my music and also some odd errors. My fat PS3 gets warm too these days. It's probably dusty inside also. I heard reapplying some kind of thermal paste can help make your PS3 last longer. I should do that but you need to open it up and stuff.

Yea, i think im a bit paranoid...lol. But i haven't had any problems with my vita, expect for near not tracking my location, but its no biggie. It still updates my friend activity so that's good enough

AlrightyRoo said:

Did they even promise that or is everyone just taking this from the "never stop playing" marketing campaign?

As far as I know the rumor originally came from when they demonstrated Killzone running on a vita and that speculation seemed pretty solid when eurogamer published this in November

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-24-ps3-firmware-to-enable-vita-remote-play-for-all-games

Then there's this

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hacked-ps3-games-running-on-vita-via-remote-play

It does look like they're really going for synergy between the two consoles what withall the cross compatible PSN games already out there so I would say if Sony can do it they will, and the second link suggests they can.

I've seen some of the hacks that enable PS3 remote play on certain games that are not supported, so there's little question that it's possible, but it still seems to be an individual developer/publisher issue for specific titles rather than some sort of magical key SCE can whip up in a firmware update to unlock remote play compatibility in all PS3 games. 

If they can, great, but without working knowledge of how the remote play code actually works, I'd say it's probably more like PS2 game compatibility in that games have to individually be made compatible with additional code rather than simply be "unlocked."

Naturally, it seems reasonable that SCE published games would be among the first to receive remote play compatibility though. 

There seems to be a bit of consumer confusion regarding the difference between Cross Play and Remote Play. One allows players to transfer/share game saves between PSV and PS3 versions of the same game while the other simply allows players to remotely play PS3 games directly off whatever game happens to be in the PS3 BD drive. Totally different. 

Chevinator123 said:
I get paranoid when i play my fat PS3 for more then 2 hours at a time

Unless your fans are running louder than they were in the past, I wouldn't worry about it.

Of course, my CECH-A01 model actually DID overheat and YLoD on me about three years ago, but given the amount of debris that blew out of the console the first time I cleaned it after literally thousands of hours of runtime, in retrospect, that really should have come as no surprise. 

When I finally sent it in to SCE for a refurb, the first thing I did when I got it back was replace the thermal paste with a higher quality TIM (AS5) and in the three years since, the fans have never run above medium settings.

I should add that I break the console down and clean it out every year just like my PCs.