By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
DemoniOtaku said:
small44 said:
darkknightkryta said:

3DS proves what wrong?  You do realize the DS did almost 150 million in 5 years?  3DS is entering year three, almost more than half the time in market than the DS and it's only at what sales?  Monster Hunter sold the 3DS and Pokemon is going to give it a nice boost.  It's all down hill after that.  Which goes back to my statement "There just isn't really a market for dedicated handhelds outside of Japan anymore.  And to be frank, if Capcom announces Monter Hunter 5 on iOS, there isn't going to be one there either".  Call of Duty wasn't rushed, Neversoft was making the game; they didn't like what they made so everything was scrapped.  Activision gave the title to Nihilistic because they're the only one with a working first person shooter on the Vita.  THAT version of the game was rushed.  Call of Duty on Vita technically wasn't.

3DS dosn't need to sold as well as ds not be considering a success

Exactly! With that type of reasoning of him then We should consider all consoles after PS2 a Fail... if we're just comparing  unit solds as a meter of success... The 3Ds is selling pretty well software and hardware... Vita is not (is not a failure yet either) and behind it there are a lot of reasons, n wich mobile market eating handheld market is not that great... like some said arround, that mobile boom is gonna be a bubble exploding soon... 

I'm not saying the 3DS is a failure, I'm saying the dedicated handheld market doesn't exist.  Though it'd be more accurate to say that market is shrinking, and it's collapsing quite aggressively.  Consoles this gen grew despite the PS3 not selling PS2 numbers.  You can't say that about the handheld space.

3DS's software sales are a bit misleading.  NIntendo titles sell like beasts... everything else?  And I said what I needed to say about hardware.

Mobile bubble already exploded, it's why everyone who isn't Gameloft, are just making throwaway titles.  Well, there's Japanese companies, but they're jumping on late :/ and will probably not have the sales because of it.  It's actually interesting to point out that Final Fantasy Dimensions has a comparatively small download number on Android...

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:

Mobile bubble already exploded, it's why everyone who isn't Gameloft, are just making throwaway titles.  Well, there's Japanese companies, but they're jumping on late :/ and will probably not have the sales because of it.  It's actually interesting to point out that Final Fantasy Dimensions has a comparatively small download number on Android...

http://inbound.appannie.com/app-annie-idc-gaming-report-q2-2013

As much as I love my Vita and 3DS, there are many great games for iOS and Android out there. Many of them are ports, but they are often great ports.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadowrun Returns, World of Goo, Ace Attorney Trilogy HD, Monkey Island 1 + 2 S.E., Broken Sword 1 + 2,  The Walking Dead, Back to the Future, Sam & Max, Hector, Edna & Harvey, Gemini Rue, 1112, The Inner World, Cognition, City of Secrets, République,  Trauma, The Room, Carcassonne, Cut the Rope, Where is My Water/Perry/Mickey, Infinity Blade 1 - 3, Rayman Jungle Run, Ghost Trick, The World Ends With You, Scribblenauts Remix, Layton Brothers: Mystery Room, ...

darkknightkryta said:
DemoniOtaku said:
small44 said:
darkknightkryta said:

3DS proves what wrong?  You do realize the DS did almost 150 million in 5 years?  3DS is entering year three, almost more than half the time in market than the DS and it's only at what sales?  Monster Hunter sold the 3DS and Pokemon is going to give it a nice boost.  It's all down hill after that.  Which goes back to my statement "There just isn't really a market for dedicated handhelds outside of Japan anymore.  And to be frank, if Capcom announces Monter Hunter 5 on iOS, there isn't going to be one there either".  Call of Duty wasn't rushed, Neversoft was making the game; they didn't like what they made so everything was scrapped.  Activision gave the title to Nihilistic because they're the only one with a working first person shooter on the Vita.  THAT version of the game was rushed.  Call of Duty on Vita technically wasn't.

3DS dosn't need to sold as well as ds not be considering a success

Exactly! With that type of reasoning of him then We should consider all consoles after PS2 a Fail... if we're just comparing  unit solds as a meter of success... The 3Ds is selling pretty well software and hardware... Vita is not (is not a failure yet either) and behind it there are a lot of reasons, n wich mobile market eating handheld market is not that great... like some said arround, that mobile boom is gonna be a bubble exploding soon... 

I'm not saying the 3DS is a failure, I'm saying the dedicated handheld market doesn't exist.  Though it'd be more accurate to say that market is shrinking, and it's collapsing quite aggressively.  Consoles this gen grew despite the PS3 not selling PS2 numbers.  You can't say that about the handheld space.

3DS's software sales are a bit misleading.  NIntendo titles sell like beasts... everything else?  And I said what I needed to say about hardware.

Yes handheld market is in decline this gen but it's not dead and it's dosn't mean the next gen handheld won't outsell this gen handheld.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Kresnik said:

But still, compared to the peak of PSP, it was getting tonnes of racing games and it's just a bit sad to see that Vita isn't getting the same love.  It's not my favourite genre (3D platformers > JRPG's > Racing games), but I think it works better than those other two on handhelds.

Still, I suppose I've not exhausted the genre on the console yet and there's still some PSP racing games that I should go back to play, it's just I wish we had some more stuff announced for the future!

When I said "other handhelds" I was including the PSP and DS in the mix. Although the PSP had a lot of racing games, they were nearly all massively cut back compared with home console versions.

Motorstorm Arctic Edge was probably the first PSP racer I played where it was like "wow! this feels like a full game!".

I originally got a PSP on the promise of Burnout Legends being a perfect handheld compilation of the earlier Burnout titles, and it didn't even come close for me. Horrible frame rate, really low poly environments and yeah, just nothing like. The likes of Midnight Club, Need for Speed etc were all awful cut back cheap ports. Same for Dirt 2, TOCA etc. Sure it got the games, but they weren't really worthy of note.

I guess that's why NFS: Most Wanted blows me away so much, yeah the graphics got cut back, but it's still very comparable and all the actual game modes/content are there (apart from the DLC). I can't think of any other handheld racer that is so close to the home console version when the game is also pushing the home consoles pretty heavily.

Regarding the graphs showing handheld revenue versus Google Play and iTunes. Look at the period it covers. What releases of note came out on either 3DS or Vita in Q1 and Q2? Soul Sacrifice is the only physical Vita release I can think of. They also don't have access to Sony and Nintendo's digital revenues and so I have no idea how they could have formed those graphs with real data.

It'll be interesting to see how a "meagre" 40 million 3DS's with Pokemon and Monster Hunter in similar periods competes with all those hundreds of million Android and iOS owners. Somehow I don't think we'll see the same graph, it was clearly created to say "rah handheld gaming doomed to mobile devices" when any gamer worth their salt knows iOS and Android have a long way to go to become remotely worthy of being dedicated gaming formats right now.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
I guess that's why NFS: Most Wanted blows me away so much, yeah the graphics got cut back, but it's still very comparable and all the actual game modes/content are there (apart from the DLC). I can't think of any other handheld racer that is so close to the home console version when the game is also pushing the home consoles pretty heavily.

It's sad we didn't get the DLCs for NFS. I'd get the all if they were on Vita, since I like to support good Vita games. Even if they released them now - I wouldn't mind. On the other hand, I'm still on the fence whether I should get the DLCs on PS3. Could anyone give his/her opinion on them?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Conina said:
darkknightkryta said:

As much as I love my Vita and 3DS, there are many great games for iOS and Android out there. Many of them are ports, but they are often great ports.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadowrun Returns, World of Goo, Ace Attorney Trilogy HD, Monkey Island 1 + 2 S.E., Broken Sword 1 + 2,  The Walking Dead, Back to the Future, Sam & Max, Hector, Edna & Harvey, Gemini Rue, 1112, The Inner World, Cognition, City of Secrets, République,  Trauma, The Room, Carcassonne, Cut the Rope, Where is My Water/Perry/Mickey, Infinity Blade 1 - 3, Rayman Jungle Run, Ghost Trick, The World Ends With You, Scribblenauts Remix, Layton Brothers: Mystery Room, ...

Those figures are just in time for Pokemon X/Y to rub them in.

Conina said:
darkknightkryta said:

Those figures are just in time for Pokemon X/Y to rub them in.

Btw, Injustice looks really good on the Vita. I love my MK on the Vita so i will be getting injustice aswell. I stayed away from the console version on purpose waiting for the Vita version. Not a launch buy as my aquisitions for the year are finalised, but i will get it when its cheaper.

I've started using my twitter account to contact some of the smaller devs working on Vita projects and, surprisingly, they've all replied so far which is nice.  Maybe I should do this more often.

Anyway, things I've discovered:

Vtrax by SuperIcon is on hold for the time being while they work on other stuff (really disappointed by this).

Reborn Kickstarter will indeed be the full PS3 game on Vita should it reach the stretch goal.  But unfortunately, that stretch goal is $750k, and it doesn't look like the game is even going to get funded ($200k).

Just one other note: Kickstarter for Cosmic Star Heroine looks like it'll get funded tomorrow.  In the updates section, they've set out a list of stuff that'll happen once they go over the goal, but Vita is the goal (not a stretch goal) so it'll be funded, which is cool.  Game looks pretty good:

Any news on the sales of the new Vita?

Puppeteer would have sold so much better if it was a Vita title I reckon