By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Gravity Rush Sand Painting done to celebrate the launch of the game in JP PS+ ..or something like that lol

Beautiful stuff. Check it out

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Tom3k said:

darkknightkryta said:

3DS proves what wrong?  You do realize the DS did almost 150 million in 5 years?  3DS is entering year three, almost more than half the time in market than the DS and it's only at what sales?  Monster Hunter sold the 3DS and Pokemon is going to give it a nice boost.  It's all down hill after that.  Which goes back to my statement "There just isn't really a market for dedicated handhelds outside of Japan anymore.  And to be frank, if Capcom announces Monter Hunter 5 on iOS, there isn't going to be one there either".  Call of Duty wasn't rushed, Neversoft was making the game; they didn't like what they made so everything was scrapped.  Activision gave the title to Nihilistic because they're the only one with a working first person shooter on the Vita.  THAT version of the game was rushed.  Call of Duty on Vita technically wasn't.

Actually the DS sold 150 million in 7 years. 

3DS was released on 26.2.2011 and has sold by now ~34 million units

DS in same time period as 3DS has sold over 40 million units...

So yea, you really proved him wrong in that post above. 

Actually was above 50mm and one and half year later was almost reaching the 100MM.. but the difference between PSp and vita sells is too big as to say that the handheld market is die... but is true that have been reduced a lot... I think is more a reason of SONy making bad decisions and bad handling of the console on the west... is too obvious, I love PlayStation rand and my PSVita, but SONY since some years ago have doing a lot of dumb decisions on PR... that's  not a secret...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

small44 said:
darkknightkryta said:

3DS proves what wrong?  You do realize the DS did almost 150 million in 5 years?  3DS is entering year three, almost more than half the time in market than the DS and it's only at what sales?  Monster Hunter sold the 3DS and Pokemon is going to give it a nice boost.  It's all down hill after that.  Which goes back to my statement "There just isn't really a market for dedicated handhelds outside of Japan anymore.  And to be frank, if Capcom announces Monter Hunter 5 on iOS, there isn't going to be one there either".  Call of Duty wasn't rushed, Neversoft was making the game; they didn't like what they made so everything was scrapped.  Activision gave the title to Nihilistic because they're the only one with a working first person shooter on the Vita.  THAT version of the game was rushed.  Call of Duty on Vita technically wasn't.

3DS dosn't need to sold as well as ds not be considering a success

Exactly! With that type of reasoning of him then We should consider all consoles after PS2 a Fail... if we're just comparing  unit solds as a meter of success... The 3Ds is selling pretty well software and hardware... Vita is not (is not a failure yet either) and behind it there are a lot of reasons, n wich mobile market eating handheld market is not that great... like some said arround, that mobile boom is gonna be a bubble exploding soon... 

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

M.U.G.E.N said:

Gravity Rush Sand Painting done to celebrate the launch of the game in JP PS+ ..or something like that lol

That really looks great if only Sony dose this everytime they put a game on psn+ lol

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:

That really looks great if only Sony dose this everytime they put a game on psn+ lol

duuuude what if

they made a sand painting app! 0_0

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Sweetness! :D

Kresnik said:
Injustice looks great. Vita has become such a haven for fighting games, they're mostly all really good ports too. I might pick up Injustice at some point in the future.

I wish Vita was getting more racing games, though. They just work so damn well on handhelds. Though, I guess the volume of racing games releasing now is a lot lower than it used to be, so there's less to port across. Still, I wish they'd get Codemasters or some other studio who make racing games on board and start porting their stuff.

Damn Injustice looks amazing!

I really wish it got more racing games too, it's my favourite genre. It does sound like it might be getting that nostalgic 90's arcade racer game at least. (Sega Rally and Daytona USA are 2 of my favourite racing games of all time so that would make me happy.

That said though, Vita actually has a pretty robust racing game lineup compared with other handheld consoles. Although it doesnt have as many as the PSP got, for the most part, the quality of all of them is better than most PSP racers and Need for Speed: Most Wanted is still an absolute technical marvel as far as portable racing games are concerned.

The Vita is best in class in a large number of genres now, so it's kinda funny that it still has "no gaemz". Apparently "ports" don't count, yet the same people saying that to say Vita has no games, cite Street Fighter 4, Ocarina of Time etc as reasons to own a 3DS.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

DemoniOtaku said:
Tom3k said:

darkknightkryta said:

Actually the DS sold 150 million in 7 years. 

3DS was released on 26.2.2011 and has sold by now ~34 million units

DS in same time period as 3DS has sold over 40 million units...

So yea, you really proved him wrong in that post above. 

Actually was above 50mm and one and half year later was almost reaching the 100MM.. but the difference between PSp and vita sells is too big as to say that the handheld market is die... but is true that have been reduced a lot... I think is more a reason of SONy making bad decisions and bad handling of the console on the west... is too obvious, I love PlayStation rand and my PSVita, but SONY since some years ago have doing a lot of dumb decisions on PR... that's  not a secret...

The reasons why psp a lot more then psvita is really clear i don't understand how people try to find other reasons why psvita sold poorly like saying is because of the name or because smartphone the reasons is just that psvita don't have any big IP other then  Uncharted,Assasin Creed and Call of duty where is GTA,Monster Hunter,Tekken,Final Fantasy,Kindoms Heart ,God of war,Metal Gear Solid those game if those come on Vita the system will sold like PSP.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

that sandart video is awesome !!!!! XD

MikeRox said:

I really wish it got more racing games too, it's my favourite genre. It does sound like it might be getting that nostalgic 90's arcade racer game at least. (Sega Rally and Daytona USA are 2 of my favourite racing games of all time so that would make me happy.

That said though, Vita actually has a pretty robust racing game lineup compared with other handheld consoles. Although it doesnt have as many as the PSP got, for the most part, the quality of all of them is better than most PSP racers and Need for Speed: Most Wanted is still an absolute technical marvel as far as portable racing games are concerned.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you.  Compared to 3DS, the lineup is stellar - although 3DS has a better version of Ridge Racer, WipEout & NFS run rings around the rest of the games on that console, and then we've got the Milestone games which I haven't tried yet but at least they're there.

But still, compared to the peak of PSP, it was getting tonnes of racing games and it's just a bit sad to see that Vita isn't getting the same love.  It's not my favourite genre (3D platformers > JRPG's > Racing games), but I think it works better than those other two on handhelds.

Still, I suppose I've not exhausted the genre on the console yet and there's still some PSP racing games that I should go back to play, it's just I wish we had some more stuff announced for the future!