By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

ok just got home from school, going on SS. is any one else playing online??

Around the Network

Jack is no problem, Harpy was so hard but we nearly got her twice. the issues being two of us were over level 10 in at least one area and then we had an 8 and a 6 and we just couldn't keep them alive. I love the flying axes. Also it;s too hard to be a support healer in this game because without voicechat it's too hard to coordinate with only the whistle. Still tonnes of fun though. Whether or not i eventually buy the game depends on if I can reliably play with you guys though. I think I'd get frustrated just playing with randoms all the time. I love my Ai partner though he's a boss and we can both happily long range it up.

Harpy isnt hard, ive had to take it down multiple times on my own coz retards die and Sacrifice early. Cerberus on the other hand is a bitch, you need a full max lv party and some luck and skill

NesFe said:
forevercloud3000 said:
ok, just had my first Online Multiplayer match in Soul Sacrifice............AMAZING!!!! I didn't think I would like the game as a online endeavor but its so much fun. Even though my group totally got our asses wooped by the Cerberus, it was very much enjoyable. Reminds me a lot of my days grinding and playing through FFXI...or of recently WKC online.

I tried to keep everyone alive, but some of them kept dying and it was chipping away at my health. I finally Sacrificed some poor noob to take a good chunk of damage off of the boss. So then there was only two of us left. Me and some random, we were a good team. One of us would distract it with range fire while the other hacked away at it's legs. Finally the situation was do or die. Both of our healths were really low. He died so I revived him leaving me with like 1HP. Cerberus took advantage of the situation and I was done for. I knew he was on his last leg as well so I signaled him to sacrifice me(as the thing didn't have much health left anyway). He got hacked before he could reach me... :/

but I totally want to do it again :D

Also, Soundtrack is remarkable as well.

You sir have very good story telling skills, got excited for the game from reading your experience :)

Btw , I keep reading people are dying in here ! How is the game difficulty ? Because  I would like to finish the game on my own first. I stopped playing after I created my character, so I haven't experienced anything yet and I won't be heading home anytime soon today :(

lol thanks ;)

The single player is a LOT easier than Multiplayer for good reason. Its not exactly easy, but the right amount of challenge. It actually has a bit in common with Demon's Souls where it is not hard if you take some time to learn obvious patterns. You do want to make sure you go in well equiped for a fight, as it will make your world alot easier. If you are going to fight a flaming Jack O Lantern, you should probably bring Ice Attacks. This works extra to your benefit as you will get the Frozen bonus thingy which litterally freezes him for a few secs so you can go in for maximum damage.

A point where playstyle will vary is your HP/Damage dynamic. If you "Save" souls you add towards your HP/Defense stat. If you Sacrifice them, you add towards your Damage stats. If you are all one or the other, your experience changes dramatically. Me personally? I always go for the Paladin/Red Mage type build so I am lvl9 Life/lvl7 Magic. I can take more hits than the avg person so I will probably be forced to play gopher most often, drawing the enemies attention.

A really cool concept is the environment, which you can alchemically bend to your will. For instance, you can find a tree that if you drain will replenish all your powers for more frequent use. Or you will find a large bolder that you can transmute into some Deidric looking armor haha.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

im trying to go 19 & 1 for the demo lvs, right now im 14&4. i know its stupid but it will get more evenish when the game releases, its just coz theres nothing else to do. and i have to agree its hard to play a support role unless you all are talking

Around the Network

Just took down harpy, took 22mins 3/4 survived

btw does anyone know if you boost a spell does it boost it permanently or just till its ran out? say if you get another of the same spell will it be boosted or back to normal?

boosting a spell is combining 2 of the same, say 2 heals to make 1 heal with a star above it (which is a higher level) then if u do this twice you will have 2 heal spells with a star, combine them and u get 1 with 2 stars (higher level) this goes on for awhile but the demo limits u to having 3star level items

btw i took down a Harpy in 31mins after my wole team died and Sacrificed early

let's hope the Demo increases preorders for SS!
3 weeks left 4,298 this week 25,945 total.
with this rate it will do like 60k in NA FW. could be better. i want to see a combined opening of at least 120k in NA and EU. anything more than that would be a huge success.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Anyone up for some SS in EU, i presume US is still sleeping?? im sick of playing with randoms, especially those that just want to be sacrificed and let you do the work.

maybe we should set up a thread for SS or just on this 1 have some scheduled online sessions together.

THIS GAME HAS TAKEN OVER MY LIFE