By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
RafaelOrix said:
warhalohog said:
RafaelOrix said:
badgenome said:

Ruin/Warrior's Lair has been ruined and... laired to rest.

It had a year of full development on it and was (by our schedule, anyway) 3 months away from being done when it was cancelled. There were 50 or 60 people on the team. I led a team of 8 designers and 10 junior level designers. Suffice it to say, Sony had put millions of dollars into it when they killed it.

I can only speculate about why they did so, so keep in mind this is just how I've been able to make sense of it. First, I assume it had to do with the weakness of the VITA. Sony internal studios, to me, looked like they never had much faith in it. As far as we were concerned, the game was primarily a PS3 game; we weren't going to bank on the VITA.

Not at all surprised that Sony hates their own handheld. It shows every day in every way.

Fuck Sony, honestly. It appeared to be such a nice game when it was called Ruin and then everything gone wrong when they renamed it Warrior's Lair (awful name, it had to be a sugestion coming from their extremaly bad marketing dept). It is scary to see how Sony doesn't have faith on PS Vita, they have a lot of western studio but almost none of them is producing something for PS Vita.

yea i know it sucks but just finished playing the soul scarfice demo so who cares a less, the games coming out of japan have been way more fun any way. By the way finally a demo at the same cailber of gravity rush, so glad i pre ordered and payed off they deserve the money on this one.

Yeah, SCEJ produced one of the best games ever: Gravity Rush, loved everything about it.

Would love to play SS with you guys, but I will be able to play only on this weekend. Anyone up to some party?

ok want to kind of take back my statement lol, just played an hour of guacamelee on vita and man is it good and starting to realise some reall good game's have come from the west too.

Around the Network
Chark said:
Oh, I found work. At a Radio Shack. I actually really like sales and being around tech. I have a mission to try and sell one of the Vitas somehow.

Congrats man :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Chark said:
Oh, I found work. At a Radio Shack. I actually really like sales and being around tech. I have a mission to try and sell one of the Vitas somehow.

Thanks. Eh though, but hey. Beats eviction or bankruptcy. As for jobs, it makes me realize how crappy my last job was.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Chark said:

Thanks. Eh though, but hey. Beats eviction or bankruptcy. As for jobs, it makes me realize how crappy my last job was.

hehe it's a start man :D I'm sure it will all work out great for you

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ok, just had my first Online Multiplayer match in Soul Sacrifice............AMAZING!!!! I didn't think I would like the game as a online endeavor but its so much fun. Even though my group totally got our asses wooped by the Cerberus, it was very much enjoyable. Reminds me a lot of my days grinding and playing through FFXI...or of recently WKC online.

I tried to keep everyone alive, but some of them kept dying and it was chipping away at my health. I finally Sacrificed some poor noob to take a good chunk of damage off of the boss. So then there was only two of us left. Me and some random, we were a good team. One of us would distract it with range fire while the other hacked away at it's legs. Finally the situation was do or die. Both of our healths were really low. He died so I revived him leaving me with like 1HP. Cerberus took advantage of the situation and I was done for. I knew he was on his last leg as well so I signaled him to sacrifice me(as the thing didn't have much health left anyway). He got hacked before he could reach me... :/

but I totally want to do it again :D

Also, Soundtrack is remarkable as well.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:

Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP opening movie is out! NEPUNEPU!

Song is meh. Idols aren't really my thing, but I did enjoy some IdolM@ster though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

forevercloud3000 said:
ok, just had my first Online Multiplayer match in Soul Sacrifice............AMAZING!!!! I didn't think I would like the game as a online endeavor but its so much fun. Even though my group totally got our asses wooped by the Cerberus, it was very much enjoyable. Reminds me a lot of my days grinding and playing through FFXI...or of recently WKC online.

I tried to keep everyone alive, but some of them kept dying and it was chipping away at my health. I finally Sacrificed some poor noob to take a good chunk of damage off of the boss. So then there was only two of us left. Me and some random, we were a good team. One of us would distract it with range fire while the other hacked away at it's legs. Finally the situation was do or die. Both of our healths were really low. He died so I revived him leaving me with like 1HP. Cerberus took advantage of the situation and I was done for. I knew he was on his last leg as well so I signaled him to sacrifice me(as the thing didn't have much health left anyway). He got hacked before he could reach me... :/

but I totally want to do it again :D

Also, Soundtrack is remarkable as well.

You sir have very good story telling skills, got excited for the game from reading your experience :)

Btw , I keep reading people are dying in here ! How is the game difficulty ? Because  I would like to finish the game on my own first. I stopped playing after I created my character, so I haven't experienced anything yet and I won't be heading home anytime soon today :(

i hate the harpy so much in multiplayer

ladyumbra said:
i hate the harpy so much in multiplayer

yea, flying enemies are a bit of a bitch, and she is the queen mother of them for the moment. I try using the flying axes move to attack the weak spots (Head and wings). I will say, there is a bit of a problem with homing projectiles such as those, the latch on to the FIRST 3 things you target and when trying to target the Harpy's head, it has already grabbed the feet and wings.

Plus enemies in MP are like 5 times as strong lol.

I basically just try to stay locked on to her. If she looks my way I start dashing in the opposite direction and anticipating her "Chicken Peck" where I just start dodge rolling like crazy. Countering I think is really effective against her, although I kept doing it completely on accident. It knocks her down I think so you can unleash on her fowlry ass.

This has to be the meatiest Demo I have played in a while. Last one that felt like a true dose of the game like this was Zero Escape. Both completely sell you on the game's mechanics.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

NesFe said:

Btw , I keep reading people are dying in here ! How is the game difficulty ? Because  I would like to finish the game on my own first. I stopped playing after I created my character, so I haven't experienced anything yet and I won't be heading home anytime soon today :(

Single player storyline is pretty easy. The multiplayer oriented battles are much harder, the bosses have tons of health, hit like trucks, and summon streams of minions. It's still possible to beat them solo with enough avoidance skill and spell resource management, although it takes a while. I'm sure if you spend the time grinding levels it would also make it a bit easier. There are also AI controlled characters who can help a bit, their damage is pathetic but they serve as good meatshields, especially helpful if you make a damage oriented build rather than a defense/heal build.