By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
NoCtiS_NoX said:
The thing that baffles me is why a small publishers like NISA, Xseed, Atlus and etc. can localize their games and even profited from it but Namco, SE and etc. can't.

Exactly. On top of that - I just checked. Vita sales:

Japan - 1.40 mil
Europe - 1.40 mil
NA - 1.38 mil
Rest - 0.31 mil

We're outselling Japan 2:1 even after the huge post-price cut surge the got recently, so it's quite obvious that releasing a game in the West can't be as profitable as a Japanese release. I mean, it's simple math, right? Or was it meth?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
The thing that baffles me is why a small publishers like NISA, Xseed, Atlus and etc. can localize their games and even profited from it but Namco, SE and etc. can't.

Japan - 1.40 mil
Europe - 1.40 mil
NA - 1.38 mil
Rest - 0.31 mil

We're outselling Japan 2:1 even after the huge post-price cut surge the got recently, so it's quite obvious that releasing a game in the West can't be as profitable as a Japanese release. I mean, it's simple math, right? Or was it meth?

They just want Sony to pay for it, just like Square wants Sony to pay for Type 0

There is a whole bunch of great games coming for vita over the next year. I really hope the sales pick up and the ps4 helps move it along. It's sad to see it sitting under 5 million a little over a year after it's world wide launch. What's that about half of what the psp did in it's first year?

badgenome said:

Original Muramasa vs. Muramasa Rebirth translations.

Those look incredible.

And Namco is awful. If the giant DS userbase wasn't enough, that line of thinking should never allow for another Tales localization ever again.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

If Sony can reduce PsVita prices :( (I already have a vita) , if people are more curious about foreign games and DARE to tweet on publishers's page on twitter (or another) , there will be more and more J-RPG games in Western land.

sigh ...

You can visit this blog for Zero no Kiseki and Sen no Kiseki guide

http://wajinokiseki.blogspot.be/

Around the Network

I tweet all of them , but got no answer thus far :(

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Even though the news coming from Bamco are expected, I have to say it was really disappointing since I actually digged some screenshots someone posted here a few weeks ago.
It's all up to Sony and some minor studios/publishers to do something. Hopefully Sony announce some big games made by them for this year coming from their studios in order to improve the image of PS Vita. When they have more games announced and their release imminent, cut the price of PS Vita and bring some goddamn special edition and colours!

Scisca said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Japan - 1.40 mil
Europe - 1.40 mil
NA - 1.38 mil
Rest - 0.31 mil

I may be wrong about this (and someone please correct me if they think I am), but thre are a few things you don't seem to take into account.

1. Games cost much more in Japan (they're actually very expensive). Therefore, they make much more money from each copy sold.

2. In Japan most games sell more than 70% (number I pulled out of my...) on their first week, before price cuts. In the west, in many cases it's the exact opposite, so they make much less money.

3. In the west, such games are considered a niche, while in Japan, they're much more popular. 

At the end of the day, they might be wrong, but their logic is not completely flawed. 

just finished Uncharted Golden Abyss (my first Uncharted game), my god was it a beautiful game. if that was what Studio Bend could make i cant imagine NDs PS3 Uncharteds. i only had 1 problem with the game
FUCKING SWIPE QTEs, my god they are so bad and when its life or death and it just wont work for you...
i wont spoil the game but if youve played it you may kow what part was frustrating as hell to me. now im going to finish P4G (80-90% there) before VLR comes to ps+. should hold me over until Soul Sacrafice... if not i still have mgs hd, gravity rush, wipeout, lumines and a multitude of psp & ps1 games to beat still. and they say Vita haz no gaemz

ktay95 said:
just finished Uncharted Golden Abyss (my first Uncharted game), my god was it a beautiful game. if that was what Studio Bend could make i cant imagine NDs PS3 Uncharteds. i only had 1 problem with the game
FUCKING SWIPE QTEs, my god they are so bad and when its life or death and it just wont work for you...

That last boss on Crushing is probably the most rage-inducing thing I've ever experienced in a game.