By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Their logic doesnt consider the higher visibility for their game on Vita, they should consider this fact, their logic is flawed compared to Atlus/Aksys/NIS/...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

I dont get what you have. I havent any problem with the end boss.

The end boss on highest difficulty force you to stop the game, then look on youtube  the next moves , then play, then stop the game, then look on youtube... That was awful indeed

wow thank god i didnt play it on the hardest dificulty then, time to go watch a youtube vid of it

Just pre ordered Soul Sacrifice. Shopto have some exclusive DLC on offer with it, though no idea what it is.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
naruball said:
Scisca said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
The thing that baffles me is why a small publishers like NISA, Xseed, Atlus and etc. can localize their games and even profited from it but Namco, SE and etc. can't.

Exactly. On top of that - I just checked. Vita sales:

Japan - 1.40 mil
Europe - 1.40 mil
NA - 1.38 mil
Rest - 0.31 mil

We're outselling Japan 2:1 even after the huge post-price cut surge the got recently, so it's quite obvious that releasing a game in the West can't be as profitable as a Japanese release. I mean, it's simple math, right? Or was it meth?

I may be wrong about this (and someone please correct me if they think I am), but thre are a few things you don't seem to take into account.

1. Games cost much more in Japan (they're actually very expensive). Therefore, they make much more money from each copy sold.

2. In Japan most games sell more than 70% (number I pulled out of my...) on their first week, before price cuts. In the west, in many cases it's the exact opposite, so they make much less money.

3. In the west, such games are considered a niche, while in Japan, they're much more popular. 

At the end of the day, they might be wrong, but their logic is not completely flawed. 

Everything else is true, but the bolded is false. Tales is still a niche series. Before Xillia, there was a long dry spell where no titles were getting above 250k.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

MikeRox said:
Just pre ordered Soul Sacrifice. Shopto have some exclusive DLC on offer with it, though no idea what it is.

2 exclusive sacrifices, 2 exclusive skins and japanese voices.

outlawauron said:
naruball said:
Scisca said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
The thing that baffles me is why a small publishers like NISA, Xseed, Atlus and etc. can localize their games and even profited from it but Namco, SE and etc. can't.

Exactly. On top of that - I just checked. Vita sales:

Japan - 1.40 mil
Europe - 1.40 mil
NA - 1.38 mil
Rest - 0.31 mil

We're outselling Japan 2:1 even after the huge post-price cut surge the got recently, so it's quite obvious that releasing a game in the West can't be as profitable as a Japanese release. I mean, it's simple math, right? Or was it meth?

I may be wrong about this (and someone please correct me if they think I am), but thre are a few things you don't seem to take into account.

1. Games cost much more in Japan (they're actually very expensive). Therefore, they make much more money from each copy sold.

2. In Japan most games sell more than 70% (number I pulled out of my...) on their first week, before price cuts. In the west, in many cases it's the exact opposite, so they make much less money.

3. In the west, such games are considered a niche, while in Japan, they're much more popular. 

At the end of the day, they might be wrong, but their logic is not completely flawed. 

Everything else is true, but the bolded is false. Tales is still a niche series. Before Xillia, there was a long dry spell where no titles were getting above 250k.

The correct answer is that those games in japan, are highly profitable without a high budget or investment... that's why Square-Enix is making iOS and Browser games now.. because is chep to produce and need little to make profit... instead on the west to makea game a success nowaday You have to invest in better graphics,sound,dub, translation and marketing.. but the market have changed and most of those gamesnow are considered Niche and western styled games are what's moving western makets on consoles since the exodus of PC developers to consoles... looking for more profit..

Money is what move this industry... we need more kashin!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Aerys said:

The end boss on highest difficulty force you to stop the game, then look on youtube  the next moves , then play, then stop the game, then look on youtube... That was awful indeed

I got pass him without this kind of help :P Was a bit frustrating, but not really bad. Though I have to admit that after some time I knew the moves by heart :D

@localisation - remember, if a game is Japanese only it means that it's profitable already, right? The company got the development costs back already, so the Western release just has to cover the localisation costs, which are much lower than the costs of making a game. That's why we don't have to buy as many copies as the Japanese to be profitable for the developers.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Two new Toukiden weapons! They need to put these in the demo. And more screenshots from source.

Dual Swords

Spear