By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

played a few hours of liberation....AMAZING!!!!!

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:

And yet every reviewer says it "just good".  WTF is wrong with the reviewers this days?! They hate the Vita for some wicked reason.

Heavenly_King said:
arcane_chaos said:

And yet every reviewer says it "just good".  WTF is wrong with the reviewers this days?! They hate the Vita for some wicked reason.

It's a fad to hate on Sony ever since the PS3's lackluster launch....

RO is sooo similar to MH. Like a total clone. Which is fine, but it does make me hungry for a MH vita.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Heavenly_King said:
arcane_chaos said:

Have you considered the possibility that maybe they just think the game is lackluster and it's us who are the biased fanboys?  

I've considered it. 

I reject it, but I've considered it.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Heavenly_King said:
arcane_chaos said:

Have you considered the possibility that maybe they just think the game is lackluster and it's us who are the biased fanboys?  

I've considered it. 

No doubt. For instance I didn't think Gravity Rush was as good as everyone else seemed to think. Still a great game, but it left me wanting. When it comes to Vita reviews though, it seems the expected level of quality or standards is out of whack. AC3: L will probably fall around an 80, which isn't bad. I'd have to play it to feel if that is a proper score, but we shouldn't be so critical against IGN for a 7.2 since that isn't a bad score. Most of us are just a little on edge.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
Runa216 said:
Heavenly_King said:
arcane_chaos said:

I've considered it. 

No doubt. For instance I didn't think Gravity Rush was as good as everyone else seemed to think. Still a great game, but it left me wanting. When it comes to Vita reviews though, it seems the expected level of quality or standards is out of whack. AC3: L will probably fall around an 80, which isn't bad. I'd have to play it to feel if that is a proper score, but we shouldn't be so critical against IGN for a 7.2 since that isn't a bad score. Most of us are just a little on edge.

I adored that game, but I don't think it needed to be graded much higher than it was, if any at all.  I gave it an 8.5 overall and thought it was a great portable experience, but I don't think it's a game-changer like some people in this thread believe.  It was a little simplistic, the world was too small, and the narrative was a bit jumbled (therefore not a 9 game), but it was still awesome.  great art direction, great world, decent amount to do.  Totally worth the money.  

But I see a lot on here are going on about how Liberation is exemplary, and it's just not.  It's very good, a hell of a deal for its platform and price, but that doesn't make it great.  The story is lackluster (almost nonexistent), and the world seems pretty small to me. Can't give away much, but Aveline really had an opportunity to be a great protagonist, but aside from being a black french woman, she's just kinda there. No backstory, no buildup (as far as I've gotten), she's justkinda there.  

Ah well. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Damn it. I've bought AC III ; Liberation yesterday, but I haven't played it yet because Windows 8 has messed up my laptop and I have been trying to fix it since yesterday :(
Got a temp fix though, so I shall enjoy my avaline in a couple of hours ( that came out wrong :p )

It's a fun game. Combat's a little disappointing, though. Enemies don't know how to block, and I have yet to get the counter to work, not that I've needed it.

I wouldn't get too upset by critics. They have a history of marking handheld games harder when it should be the opposite. I don't think there's a single 90+ title on metacritic or game rankings on 3DS and Vita this year. Even Pokemon and Mario got slapped across the face pretty hard this year.