By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So does my prediction of the PSVita outselling the 3DS sound crazy now?

Jay520 said:
mootap said:

1 word: Pokemon 

1 word: Call of Duty.

It's going to be one of the Vita's many twenty-million sellers.

Ohhohoho, how quaint. COD will NEVER be more than a 2-3 million-seller on the Vita, because handhelds aren't suited for long, online bursts or for FPS gaming. 

Let's put it this way. If you're going to buy COD, you're buying it for the online really. And the online will always be stronger on the consoles. Not only this, but you'll be playing for lengthy periods of time, so the battery power might easily die. So you play at home instead, but if you do that, why not play it on you PSWii60/ PC, where you'll get a superior game with a stronger online community? 

In addition, if you do buy the PSV version, it's so you can play it on the move, so you'll need the 3G model. But, even then, the 3G isn't quick enough, nor do you have enough of it, to play online. So the Vita version will be the weakest version, with no strengths of its own. So it won't sell.

Expecting the Vita version to sell much more than all of the handheld FPS games on any system put together is a tall order, and it won't boost sales for a long time, if at all. Hoping so is a callous assumption based more on hope than fact.

(As an FYI, very, very few games breach 10 mil, let alone 20. I don't believe there's yet a game on the PS3 to have reached half of the figure you think will include 'many games', so don't expect much on that front)

OT:  Your prediction sounds crazier now than ever, I'm afraid.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Jay520 said:
mootap said:

Ohhohoho, how quaint. COD will NEVER be more than a 2-3 million-seller on the Vita, because handhelds aren't suited for long, online bursts or for FPS gaming. 

Let's put it this way. If you're going to buy COD, you're buying it for the online really. And the online will always be stronger on the consoles. Not only this, but you'll be playing for lengthy periods of time, so the battery power might easily die. So you play at home instead, but if you do that, why not play it on you PSWii60/ PC, where you'll get a superior game with a stronger online community? 

In addition, if you do buy the PSV version, it's so you can play it on the move, so you'll need the 3G model. But, even then, the 3G isn't quick enough, nor do you have enough of it, to play online. So the Vita version will be the weakest version, with no strengths of its own. So it won't sell.

Expecting the Vita version to sell much more than all of the handheld FPS games on any system put together is a tall order, and it won't boost sales for a long time, if at all. Hoping so is a callous assumption based more on hope than fact.

(As an FYI, very, very few games breach 10 mil, let alone 20. I don't believe there's yet a game on the PS3 to have reached half of the figure you think will include 'many games', so don't expect much on that front)

You really think he expects that to happen?

COD on Vita will be a heavily stripped down version of the consoles. The Vita is a powerfull handheld but it is not fast enough to maintain steady framerates...

@op

Yes! It still does.

VicViper said:
Conegamer said:
Jay520 said:
mootap said:

You really think he expects that to happen?

I don't know what to believe. But it stops people from taking it seriously.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Okay, let's be real here. There has never been a Call of Duty title in history that has reached 20 million on a single platform. Multiplatform yes, but on a single define platform, espcially a brand new handheld, no.

OP: Yep, still crazy.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

VicViper said:
Jay520 said:
mootap said:

Is this sarcasm-day or something? One time per thread okay, but all the time... it's just flaming.

Seriously this

The reply looks like a joke/sarcasm, but he seems so serious :/

...Also, "Call of Duty" is three words 

miz1q2w3e said:

...Also, "Call of Duty" is three words 

1 word: COD

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Jay520 said:
VicViper said:
Jay520 said:
It was never crazy to begin with. I see some of you forgetting the power of Playstation.

Wait till Gran Turismo releases. Then we'll talk.

Price cut, Call of Duty, Monster Hunter.

Never heard the gran turismo saving theory before! One more and it's chalkboard time!

I've never understood the PS3 chalkboard. A lot of the things listed really DID contribute to saving the PS3.

Didn't you hear? It was discontinued in 2009.

RolStoppable said:
Young Jay has done well in this thread.

I wasn't sure what to think, he seemed so serious.