By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So does my prediction of the PSVita outselling the 3DS sound crazy now?

RolStoppable said:
Young Jay has done well in this thread.

You're probably giving him too much credit, but if in fact he was just "joking", then I tip my hat to you Jay.

Around the Network
naruball said:
Jay520 said:
VicViper said:
Jay520 said:
It was never crazy to begin with. I see some of you forgetting the power of Playstation.

Wait till Gran Turismo releases. Then we'll talk.

Price cut, Call of Duty, Monster Hunter.

Never heard the gran turismo saving theory before! One more and it's chalkboard time!

I've never understood the PS3 chalkboard. A lot of the things listed really DID contribute to saving the PS3.

Didn't you hear? It was discontinued in 2009.

Didn't you hear? PS3 dominated both Wii and Xbox360 and is currently the #1 selling current gen console.

zero129 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
RolStoppable said:
Young Jay has done well in this thread.

You're probably giving him too much credit, but if in fact he was just "joking", then I tip my hat to you Jay.

Im still not sure if he was or not (Judging from his posts from 2011 in this thread). Maybe after he thought to himself how far out there he was being, he might of tryed to turn it into a type of joke.

Now that you mention his comment from 2011, I don't think he's joking any more... Poor guy.

In a nuttshell, and i know everyone said the same...

Yes, its crazy. The Vita already lost. Its impossible to recover from a 15-16 million disavantage.

The question is wether the Vita can sell enough to justify development and its continuity in the market, or if it will lose all support.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
mhsillen said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i can't say for sure, how crazy your prediction is cause it's likely true. PS3 was able it pull its ass in front of it looking (in my estimates) to finally out sell the 360 by yr.'s end 2013!

hey there's a crazy notion right their i think lol!

But you could compare the PS3 to the wii and find the sales gap might be to much.  Plus the nintendo franchises a

hmmmmmmmmm were you here in (2008 i know) 2010 when i made a post in a thread detailing how and when PS3 would outsell the Wii by the yr. 2016? or 2020, i can't really remember. well somebody else detailed my thought's but not accurately.

the final numbers were Wii 118-120m, and PS3 124/125m. i even sent Kow a message about it back then cause he asked me to post how it would be done. i also sent him a message reminding him about it, but he didn't remember it lol.

But the one thing about me is, i've always adjusted my numbers/findings over the past 2 yr.'s, before the patterns themselves changed. it's like a 3rd sight i guess you can say, and it seems everyone on vgc has one.

right now i can see all 7th gen. consoles settling around 105m, with PS3 and 360 staying on the market the longest, but MS will want to push nextbox next more so then 360, so in the end the PS3 will out last the other 7th gen. consoles.

the beauty is i don't have to be right. it's not a prediction, just analysis. i'm still over 90% with my predictions and analysis, but that doesn't matter, and i don't make many.

but yea, you can look at it like that, but it will only hold true if Wii doesn't continue it's led brick path, and PS3 stabilizes at a reasonable sales path over the course of it's life. in the end PS3 just ma win this war, but most of us won't care. it will likely receive some mention, but that's about it.

yea right lol!!! when it happens, watch the shit storm!!!!! 

I've coming here since the end of 2006I don't think the ps3 will ever catch the Wii

I don't mind sh!t storms

Around the Network

I love how this started trending again.

In direct response to the title. Still.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Big massive console games don't do as well on handhelds. COD and the like, in imho won't sell balls to the wall to give Vita a huge long lasting sales boost.

Jay520 said:
zero129 said:
I bet some of the people that agreed with this feels kinda hmm let down now lol.
Jay520 it's not going to happen, it would take Nintendo to F up big time and for Sony to pull a miracle out of its a** to catch up never mind pass it. Oh and GT won't help Sony in the handheld market or COD.

A doubter, I see. Just wait till the end of the year when that 15 million lead whithers away to less than 8 million.

I'm suprised you believe that.  Doesn't sound like your normal well thought out posts. 

miz1q2w3e said:
naruball said:
Jay520 said:
VicViper said:
Jay520 said:
It was never crazy to begin with. I see some of you forgetting the power of Playstation.

Wait till Gran Turismo releases. Then we'll talk.

Price cut, Call of Duty, Monster Hunter.

Never heard the gran turismo saving theory before! One more and it's chalkboard time!

I've never understood the PS3 chalkboard. A lot of the things listed really DID contribute to saving the PS3.

Didn't you hear? It was discontinued in 2009.

Didn't you hear? PS3 dominated both Wii and Xbox360 and is currently the #1 selling current gen console.

In terms of exclusives, it is debatable, so I guess one could make such a claim. In terms of sales, it has been catching up both to wii and 360 and was #1 selling console the last 2 years according to VGC (correct me if I'm wrong). Hence, I don't find anything ridiculous about that statement (though "dominated" is a strong word, but it did do better than expected). On the other hand, the prediction that the ps3 would be discontinued (considering the success is has been having since the release of the slim model in 2009) is at the very least funny.

In other words, the "chalkboard" did help.