By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 E3 TRAILER! Early 2012 Release Date...

ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:
I liked it alot. It showed a other elements/things not present in FFXIII. And atleast in the short bit. Made it seem like much less of a dungeon crawler.

Yeah but the trailer is worse than any of the FF13 trailers.

Well, I'd say it's a wash. I don't think the style of writing is going to change. But they showed aspects I was hoping they'd improve and even some I wasn't expecting.

And it doesn't have lightning in it. Which is a minus. But, they're teasing lightning a lot so I think she'll be there... but it is possible they'll pull a raiden XD.

Another guess... like X----> X-2. FFX-2 had a lot less Of the prerendered FMV's. I think that will happen here too. This is a minus. The trailer's had a lot less if the prerendered fmv. If I remember correctly which I may not.

FF13 is better than 13-2 in the trailer department!!!!

_____

I am ok with not many FMV's

For example, the bit int he trailer with Lightning on Odin fighting the big monster....that is FMV material usually or cut scene material...its not a fight with a QTE added in...I much prefer to be INVOLVED into the gameplay in any way than see a FMV

For Example in FF13 the Chapter 12 opening race would've been an awesome minigame or QTE scene...as would many CGI stuff in the game.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:
I liked it alot. It showed a other elements/things not present in FFXIII. And atleast in the short bit. Made it seem like much less of a dungeon crawler.

Yeah but the trailer is worse than any of the FF13 trailers.

Well, I'd say it's a wash. I don't think the style of writing is going to change. But they showed aspects I was hoping they'd improve and even some I wasn't expecting.

And it doesn't have lightning in it. Which is a minus. But, they're teasing lightning a lot so I think she'll be there... but it is possible they'll pull a raiden XD.

Another guess... like X----> X-2. FFX-2 had a lot less Of the prerendered FMV's. I think that will happen here too. This is a minus. The trailer's had a lot less if the prerendered fmv. If I remember correctly which I may not.

FF13 is better than 13-2 in the trailer department!!!!

_____

I am ok with not many FMV's

For example, the bit int he trailer with Lightning on Odin fighting the big monster....that is FMV material usually or cut scene material...its not a fight with a QTE added in...I much prefer to be INVOLVED into the gameplay in any way than see a FMV

For Example in FF13 the Chapter 12 opening race would've been an awesome minigame or QTE scene...as would many CGI stuff in the game.

fine! dealt with. 

I agree with that. But still. On my dad's big screen. 1080p square-enix FMV is glorious! (I have to replay FFXIII on this).

I hated the trailer. It showed only annoying characters (Noel looks annoying in every way, Serah acted in an annoying way in the trailer), it showed too many quick-time events, and it showed too few interesting things. That said, I'm still interested in the game but they should really have a better trailer before the game's release.

darthdevidem01 said:
VXIII said:
It's pretty good , I like the QTE's and the rendered quick cut-scene during the battle ( asking her if she was alright ) , some towns and mini games, don't know about the story though , XIII universe just doesn't have that magic we used to experience in FF games but I can't spot the causes ... Motomu Toriyama just can't create depths in his writing ( Nomura >>>>>>>>>>>> Toriyama ).

I've never had a problem with any character whatsoever as long as they are well written ( not Sarah in XIII that's for sure ).. even the annoying ones , The new character looks good .

Looking forward to it .

Ah....... Versus .... someday :'(

Motomu Toriyama gets great ideas but can't implement them well, he should be the idea giver while someone else writes for him. As he is writing the plot keep your expectations of the plot such that expect it to be good at best...it can't be amazing or very good.

I don't think Nomura is a whole lot better though, KH is pretty much a confused mess right now in terms of plot. 

The best story guy at SE IS Yoshinori Kitase, the guy who directed FF6, FF7, FF8...the FF's with the best stories! And he's still there at the company!

I can tell you right now it's not Kitase.  It's these two men: Tetsuya Nomura, Kazushige Nojima.  I'm sure they were the ones who actually kept the stories well written.

In terms of annoyance, Serah is the Vanille version of this game.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
darthdevidem01 said:
VXIII said:
It's pretty good , I like the QTE's and the rendered quick cut-scene during the battle ( asking her if she was alright ) , some towns and mini games, don't know about the story though , XIII universe just doesn't have that magic we used to experience in FF games but I can't spot the causes ... Motomu Toriyama just can't create depths in his writing ( Nomura >>>>>>>>>>>> Toriyama ).

I've never had a problem with any character whatsoever as long as they are well written ( not Sarah in XIII that's for sure ).. even the annoying ones , The new character looks good .

Looking forward to it .

Motomu Toriyama gets great ideas but can't implement them well, he should be the idea giver while someone else writes for him. As he is writing the plot keep your expectations of the plot such that expect it to be good at best...it can't be amazing or very good.

I don't think Nomura is a whole lot better though, KH is pretty much a confused mess right now in terms of plot. 

The best story guy at SE IS Yoshinori Kitase, the guy who directed FF6, FF7, FF8...the FF's with the best stories! And he's still there at the company!

I can tell you right now it's not Kitase.  It's these two men: Tetsuya Nomura, Kazushige Nojima.  I'm sure they were the ones who actually kept the stories well written.

FF6 and FF7 were adapted from a script orignally written from Hinirobu Sakaguchi, FF8's story was not written by Sakaguchi - which is why it was....different. and i dont think very highly of FF8s story tbh.

Nojima is the one responsible for FF13s mythology and FF8 (and FF10 i think). although i felt the story of FF13  was poor (Toriyama wrote the story) the mythology was very good - but it felt like it was lifted straight from FF12.

A203D said:
darkknightkryta said:
darthdevidem01 said:
VXIII said:

Looking forward to it .

FF6 and FF7 were adapted from a script orignally written from Hinirobu Sakaguchi, FF8's story was not written by Sakaguchi - which is why it was....different. and i dont think very highly of FF8s story tbh.

Nojima is the one responsible for FF13s mythology and FF8 (and FF10 i think). although i felt the story of FF13  was poor (Toriyama wrote the story) the mythology was very good - but it felt like it was lifted straight from FF12.

What Sakaguchi wanted in Final Fantasy 7 and what actually happened were very different.  Sakaguchi went to go work on Final Fantasy movie probably around the time the story got a radical change.  Hell the sorcoress idea that was used in Final Fantasy 8 was actually Sakaguchi's idea (The idea of a sorcoress not the way she was used) and was going to be in Final Fantasy 7.  So yeah Nojima and Nomura pretty much wrote Final Fantasy 7.  And I liked Final Fantasy 8's story best, but that's for another thread/argument.  And I agree, Nojima wrote that fantastic mythology and well Toriyama most likely did the script...

Have you people seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcIa8Lj78YM

Lol, the guys recording were complaining about stuff and then they were like "is this a town!?, OMG, is this really a town!?, I'll look for a shop to see if this really is a town"... they couldn't believe it xD
They also were like "You can jump!?", "look at the map, it's no longer a line", "Look! a branching path!" xD

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P