By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS VIta: $249 for Wi-fi, $299 for 3G - Global 2011 Release

Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

The trailers for those games were amazing. Wait. The pics. Wait. Naw it's not like something like this never happened before, I mean I played the hell out of Resident Evil portable and Elder Scroll Travel on my PSP.

As has already been said to you, there are over 80 games in development for it already from over 50 developers.

Stop being annoying. E3 isn't the only big game show, and when you have a certain amount of time to get through everything on 2 huge platforms, some stuff gets left out and moved on to be shown another day...

i would add that this is Sony we are talking about, there not like Ninty who is all secretive and crap. SOny is always announcing something and releasing something. 

Around the Network

looks like elgrancabeza got pwned big time...

OT: it's a day one for me as well

Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Lack of 3rd party titles should have Sony fans worried.....

Call of Duty, BioShock, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tenchu, Dynasty Warriors and 80 more currently unannounced games just took a shit on your cereal.

xD oh the win in this post is unbelievable!

tarheel91 said:
greenmedic88 said:
cyberninja45 said:
I am only one worried that psvita still as virtually no third party support. well except street fighter X tekken. And the thing is comin out this freakin year.
Sony is no Nintendo, they cant survive on their IPs alone.
Even that street fighter X tekken port got me worried for the future of that thing, The device is cool an all but if its just gets the same games ps3 has from 3rd parties that thing is in hella trouble.

It's just you and probably the same familiar faces that would just as soon like to see SCE exit the gaming business.

SCE has always been heavily invested in 2nd party studios working on current and new SCE owned IPs for their platforms, and 3rd party support has literally never been in question. 

Support for the Vita looks to be as strong if not stronger than that of the 3DS, not that this is even where the future of handheld gaming is heading. Nobody's mentioned Android support for Playstation games, but that along with about a million other clues is indicative of where the industry is really heading. 

See Sony leave?  Seriously?  I would be very upset were that to happen.  Where would I get my Gran Turismo fix, then?

I have nothing against Sony, and I think the Vita is a cool concept.  I just get annoyed by the way the whole price estimates are thrown around like law when they're really just sloppy guesses with massive margins of error in both directions.

Edit: Fantastic ad hominem there, by the way.  Attack my credentials instead of responding to my issues with the way these estimates are done.

You're questioning the industry standard by which BOM estimates are made. Take that as a personal slight if you want. 

ethomaz said:
yo_john117 said:

For $250 I may actually get one of these!

The PSVita/PS3 integration got me... if more games show that I will get one too.

Yeah that is pretty damn nice right there!

Around the Network

Nintendo can release another @*@#!@& pokemon game and they fly off the shelves, that is just the sad reality, meanwhile if they release true quality like Fire Emblem, a Super Mario Galaxy type or even a Metroid Prime type, the system sells ok but not what it deserves to sell. Probably just ranting but I feel that in recent generations the "i'm popular" game gets undeserved sales over the truly great games that just need people to try them out ie. Demon's Souls, Fire Emblem, TWEWY, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, KZ3, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.

OT: It's funny to see the h8ers come up and as such a coincidence it's people who have the famous Reggie pics and whatnot. It honestly seems to me as if some people are pissing their pants or something, but what they don't realize is that the more and better competition, the more it drives the industry to improve as oppossed to the same crap over and over. I would have quit gaming if all there was were SMB1, pokemon, COD games over and over with only 1 or 2 changes with same story in every game.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

anyone else think its kind of funny how cross game chat will be coming psv before ps3. I think this actually pretty much confirms ps3 will never get cross game chat.

arcane_chaos said:
looks like elgrancabeza got pwned big time...

OT: it's a day one for me as well

Show me 3 (three) trailers of big 3rd party games for NGP and I'll change my signature to "I got PWNED".

@ elgran... Theyre in development... Waiting to be announced... At big game shows... like Gamescom... And TGS... and in beetween...

And poo off on calling people on simple predictions, mr "GT5 will sell less than 5M lifetime"...

demonfox13 said:
Nintendo can release another @&#*@#!@& pokemon game and they fly off the shelves, that is just the sad reality, meanwhile if they release true quality like Fire Emblem, a Super Mario Galaxy type or even a Metroid Prime type, the system sells ok but not what it deserves to sell. Probably just ranting but I feel that in recent generations the "i'm popular" game gets undeserved sales over the truly great games that just need people to try them out ie. Demon's Souls, Fire Emblem, TWEWY, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, KZ3, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.

OT: It's funny to see the h8ers come up and as such a coincidence it's people who have the famous Reggie pics and whatnot. It honestly seems to me as if some people are pissing their pants or something, but what they don't realize is that the more and better competition, the more it drives the industry to improve as oppossed to the same crap over and over. I would have quit gaming if all there was were SMB1, pokemon, COD games over and over with only 1 or 2 changes with same story in every game.

Any Nintendo fans who haven't already bought a 3DS should be applauding SCE since in all likelihood, the PSV $249 entry MSRP likely means they'll be able to pick up a 3DS this year for under $200 or at least with a really attractive bundle for $249. 

If anyone's complaining about or questioning the PSV price, it may well be because they already paid $249 for a 3DS and realize that the latter is more likely to happen than not.

Personally, I don't see a downside to what is a very affordable price relative to what you're getting in the PSV, but hard logic rarely factors in when playing the games of brand favorites and consumer cheerleading.