By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac's NEW IP to be revealed during E3!

Which genre will the game belong to?

FPS 12 17.14%

Platformer 14 20.00%

3rd Person Shooter/action game 27 38.57%

Racer 0 0%

Puzzler 1 1.43%

RPG 5 7.14%

Other 2 2.86%

Not sure 8 11.43%

Total:69
hatmoza said:
I hope the rumor of a survival thriller is true. Love me some horror games :)

Isn't the next Tomb raider going to be within this genre, so you are getting stuff incoming!

Around the Network

Finally. I expect it to be a FPS / TPS.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

blkfish92 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

You're back!

OT: I want it to be the rumored Action horror adventure.

An action horror from insominiac actually sounds very promising.

Absolutely! Imagined if it is like Silent Hill or Siren or Alan Wake or they can make the game like Resident evil but a lot scarier. Wow!! Can't wait for EA's conference.

Rainbird said:
Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:

I dare say Insomniac were never one of the studios that really has pushed the PS3. Their titles look good certainly, but they were never Killzone 3/God of War 3/ Uncharted 2 level. And porting from PS3 to 360 is generally the easiest way to handle multiplat development, so they should still be able to push things the way they usually do.

Also, "wins for Sony" < "wins for the industry".

Well I am not convinced this is a win for the industry, Insomniac managed to get about 4 PS3 games out in 4 hours, so they were doing a lot good for the PS3...

But ultimately it doesn't matter so long as they don't go to the Wii, as that is the only home console I lack

Insomniac themselves went out and said they didn't want to pump out games that fast anymore because it was too hard and the quality was suffering because of it. Which is even funnier when you say hours instead of years.

Maybe if they had taken 2 hours instead of 1 things might be better?

I don't think Ratchet was suffering due to lack of time, I think the real issue was that they to move on from Ratchet and create a new IP, and going multiplatform is probably the safest way to do that, this late in a console's life span

Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:

Insomniac themselves went out and said they didn't want to pump out games that fast anymore because it was too hard and the quality was suffering because of it. Which is even funnier when you say hours instead of years.

I don't think Ratchet was suffering due to lack of time, I think the real issue was that they to move on from Ratchet and create a new IP, and going multiplatform is probably the safest way to do that, this late in a console's life span

Well, this was said in relation to Resistance 3, but I also remember them saying that they didn't include multiplayer in R&C because they didn't have the time.

Either way, Insomniac are doing what they feel is best for them, and I think this direction is a net gain for the industry.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:

Well, this was said in relation to Resistance 3, but I also remember them saying that they didn't include multiplayer in R&C because they didn't have the time.

Either way, Insomniac are doing what they feel is best for them, and I think this direction is a net gain for the industry.

I know they have said that, but I just felt they made some poor decisions with Resistance 2, moving away from what made it great, and good riddance to multiplayer, all it does is stops me from getting platinum trophies

Let's just see how the extra year helps with Resistance, and what their new universe is, remember, they just need a good idea, that is more important than the time aspect in many regards (Lair, Too Human... long devs times doesn't always mean a great game)

Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:

I know they have said that, but I just felt they made some poor decisions with Resistance 2, moving away from what made it great, and good riddance to multiplayer, all it does is stops me from getting platinum trophies

Let's just see how the extra year helps with Resistance, and what their new universe is, remember, they just need a good idea, that is more important than the time aspect in many regards (Lair, Too Human... long devs times doesn't always mean a great game)

It's probably a good idea that Insomniac don't listen to you on that point.

I know long dev times don't equal good games, but you still need time enough to execute well on your idea. They have that with Sony and they have that with EA too.

Rainbird said:
Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:

It's probably a good idea that Insomniac don't listen to you on that point.

I know long dev times don't equal good games, but you still need time enough to execute well on your idea. They have that with Sony and they have that with EA too.

They can keep it for Resistance, but there is no need for it in Ratchet, apart from if they take the All 4 One root

True, but the issues with Resistance were not lack of time, but poor ideas

Munkeh111 said:

They can keep it for Resistance, but there is no need for it in Ratchet, apart from if they take the All 4 One root

True, but the issues with Resistance were not lack of time, but poor ideas

I wouldn't mind having a good coop experience in normal R&C games, though I wonder how it would be done.

And I would say Insomniac had good ideas for Resistance 2, even if they weren't all good. The coop was a blast and I'm really sad to see it go.  

But the game still lacked polish, and that's what more time would have got them.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
blkfish92 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

You're back!

OT: I want it to be the rumored Action horror adventure.

An action horror from insominiac actually sounds very promising.

Absolutely! Imagined if it is like Silent Hill or Siren or Alan Wake or they can make the game like Resident evil but a lot scarier. Wow!! Can't wait for EA's conference.

REally e3 is taking to long to get here!