By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - GamrConnect 2.0 - Comments and Suggestions

The site seems to load a little faster. That's good.

The quick reply works great with mobile devices. That's good.

Quotes and edits don't work with mobile devices. That's bad.

There's a mobile forum now. That's great!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

*SUGGESTION: I think the poll percentage lines are too short, there's lots of space left un-utilized

could the icons for new posts and quotes be swapped? it's wired having a big orange (the old colour for quotes) ! icon for new replies and a relatively subdued blue version of the no replies icon for quotes. IMO it should be the other way round...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
could the icons for new posts and quotes be swapped? it's wired having a big orange (the old colour for quotes) ! icon for new replies and a relatively subdued blue version of the no replies icon for quotes. IMO it should be the other way round...

This for sure times 1000x

Orange needs to be the color for letting you know you've been quoted.  And why on earth doesn't the forum buddy highlight the thread in orange if you've been quoted in? Gamerconnect 1.0 did it and this is a big feature thats lacking.  I think this is VERY important to keeping threads alive and letting people know when someone is using your posts.

Is there a way to mark spoilers now?

Edit: Editing is working for me, btw on firefox 4.something.

Around the Network

Alright, I'm loving this more and more! It's amazing how something as simple as making the avatars big is actually making a huge difference too.

My only suggestion right now is to have the page count moved up over the quick reply box. It would be easier to tell if you're at the end of a thread or not if you wouldn't have to scroll down that extra way.

Rainbird said:
Alright, I'm loving this more and more! It's amazing how something as simple as making the avatars big is actually making a huge difference too.

My only suggestion right now is to have the page count moved up over the quick reply box. It would be easier to tell if you're at the end of a thread or not if you wouldn't have to scroll down that extra way.

secconded 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

A nice step forward, things seem nice and smooth all around. Still have to find the best way to navigate round this new lair.
More space in the forum and I like the forum buddy/My topics page. Still looking around and finding new stuff.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

And the images for the badges seem to be pretty low quality. /dislike

Also, the image for the 'Psychic Spy' badge has been changed from when we made them, which might be on purpose, but now the image makes no sense. Having Contra in something that was meant to be based Psychonauts is a bit weird...

I wish we could customize our dashboard with not just a hottopic section.. but with actually 5 of them and then could choose which forum you want to display.. so I could have a nintendo hot topic section, sony hot topic section, off topic hot section etc... kinda like the old vgchartz 2.0 days..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)