By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 28th May 2011

DrZoidberg said:
mehm said:

Why is Wii Sports still so high? It's not bundled anymore..

my guess would be that stores still have a lot of wii sports bundles they need to sell, so they also received the price cut

That's probably only half the story.  The other half is that Wii Sports is part of the 'Nintendo Selects' range.  While, a lot of people would surely go for the superior WS:R, I'm pretty sure the budget price would attract some people, especially new Wii owners who recognise the game's name.

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
DrZoidberg said:
mehm said:

my guess would be that stores still have a lot of wii sports bundles they need to sell, so they also received the price cut

That's probably only half the story.  The other half is that Wii Sports is part of the 'Nintendo Selects' range.  While, a lot of people would surely go for the superior WS:R, I'm pretty sure the budget price would attract some people, especially new Wii owners who recognise the game's name.

Surely most people who have a Wii in EMEAA already have it though? So the sales are still a bit strange. I mean, WarioWare or Animal Crossing didn't go up much :/

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

expected wii sales!!

Awesome PS3 sales

*cries inside*lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Conegamer said:
MrT-Tar said:
DrZoidberg said:
mehm said:

Surely most people who have a Wii in EMEAA already have it though? So the sales are still a bit strange. I mean, WarioWare or Animal Crossing didn't go up much :/

My bet is on old inventory. Target was still selling Wii consoles without WSR 6 months after the WSR bundle released in the US. It will be a while before WS falls off the charts.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Told you last week, not all the PAL Regions were being counted for the Wii.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Yay! I can post in sales threads again!

Given that Wii's biggest boost was in the UK, where it had been cut for most of last week, I can confidently say that I expect Americas to have a similar boost and top 100k for the week.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Well done Wii?

It's £99 for goodness sake. 

Michael-5 said:
Conegamer said:
MrT-Tar said:
DrZoidberg said:
mehm said:

My bet is on old inventory. Target was still selling Wii consoles without WSR 6 months after the WSR bundle released in the US. It will be a while before WS falls off the charts.

At least for my country I can confirm, every previous bundle is currently discounted by at least a further 10€ from their previous prices, most already discounted since after Xmas.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

RolStoppable said:

The 3DS is selling great for its price.

It's the same price as a PSP in the UK.

How ridiculous is that.

Wii in 1st WW! Price cut effect1 o/