By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game will you buy Call of Duty MW3 or Battlefield 3?

MW3 on ps3.

Around the Network
ImJustBayuum said:

MW3 360 - more friends & bigger online population (sales history)

I think more people are online on the PS3 version nowdays. Because PSN is free.

I was playing a bit of MW2, and suprinsingly much Black Ops. but i dont like activision, and so i've decided to pass on MW3 until it gets cheaper. So yeah, this year, if i get a Shooter, it'll be BF3.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

dsage01 said:

Wow surpirised that people are getting MW3 and BF3 for the PS3 rather than the 360. I thought more people would prefer the 360 version.

This is VGC, dude. It has a much bigger PS3 fanbase than 360 fanbase.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

wfz said:
KungKras said:

None.

Unless Battlefield stops trying to be a CoD ripoff.

Saying Battlefield looks like a CoD ripoff is only admitting you know very little about Battlefield. But considering you don't plan on getting either, I'm assuming you don't like FPS games much, so I understand why you'd know very little about them.

I'm getting Battlefield 3 for sure. On the PC. I can't wait! =D I've never liked the CoD series so at best I'll rent MW3 for the story (or on second thought, just youtube it).

I guess you haven't seen my earlier posts about battlefield.

I am a huge fan of Battlefied 1 and Battlefield 2, I've played BF2 a ridiculous amount of time, I liked the Bad Company spinoffs too.

Long before battlefield started attacking CoD, I always maintanied that Battlefield is a superior FPS. In fact, I used the expression, "Battlefield-style FPG games pwn CoD style FPS games" Many people think that it's like comparing apples to oreanges, but in that case, my opinion is that oreanges are superior to apples, way, way superior. It is the very nature of the battlefield's type of massive battles and tight gameplay (BF2 is very skill-based) that makes it a superior game to all CoD style games in existance regardless of how well crafted they are.

And what I see today is DICE trying to go after the inferior game by adopting parts of it. Just look at the Battlefield 3 gameplay footage. They haven't even shown multiplayer, and they are doing that 'cinematic experience' bullcrap. All I see so far when looking at BF3 is CoD 6.

Oh, and I may not be the biggest FPS player, but it is one of my favourite ganres.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

get both on ps3 ...... my shooters game is off the chartz

huaxiong90 said:
dsage01 said:

Wow surpirised that people are getting MW3 and BF3 for the PS3 rather than the 360. I thought more people would prefer the 360 version.

This is VGC, dude. It has a much bigger PS3 fanbase than 360 fanbase.

Yeah but when it comes to COD 360 always wins by a mile. I've seen threads like this for MW2 and Black Ops. More people said that they will get COD games on 360 than opposed to the PS3.

KungKras said:
wfz said:
KungKras said:

None.

Unless Battlefield stops trying to be a CoD ripoff.

Saying Battlefield looks like a CoD ripoff is only admitting you know very little about Battlefield. But considering you don't plan on getting either, I'm assuming you don't like FPS games much, so I understand why you'd know very little about them.

I'm getting Battlefield 3 for sure. On the PC. I can't wait! =D I've never liked the CoD series so at best I'll rent MW3 for the story (or on second thought, just youtube it).

I guess you haven't seen my earlier posts about battlefield.

I am a huge fan of Battlefied 1 and Battlefield 2, I've played BF2 a ridiculous amount of time, I liked the Bad Company spinoffs too.

Long before battlefield started attacking CoD, I always maintanied that Battlefield is a superior FPS. In fact, I used the expression, "Battlefield-style FPG games pwn CoD style FPS games" Many people think that it's like comparing apples to oreanges, but in that case, my opinion is that oreanges are superior to apples, way, way superior. It is the very nature of the battlefield's type of massive battles and tight gameplay (BF2 is very skill-based) that makes it a superior game to all CoD style games in existance regardless of how well crafted they are.

And what I see today is DICE trying to go after the inferior game by adopting parts of it. Just look at the Battlefield 3 gameplay footage. They haven't even shown multiplayer, and they are doing that 'cinematic experience' bullcrap. All I see so far when looking at BF3 is CoD 6.

Oh, and I may not be the biggest FPS player, but it is one of my favourite ganres.

I want you to look at the new MW3 trailer, and then look at the BF3 trailer. Do they even look remotely similar? CoD has flashes and explosions everywhere, while BF3 seems to focus more on "real" soldiers in a more "realistic" war.

But who cares about single player, it's always been about the multiplayer. Just because we haven't seen gameplay from multiplayer yet, you're going to assume BF3 is like CoD? Let's see what we already know: 64 vs multiplayer in BF3, with a new inclusion of Jet planes. Re-made epic stages from BF2 and bigger maps than ever before.

How is this like CoD?

wfz said:

I want you to look at the new MW3 trailer, and then look at the BF3 trailer. Do they even look remotely similar? CoD has flashes and explosions everywhere, while BF3 seems to focus more on "real" soldiers in a more "realistic" war.

But who cares about single player, it's always been about the multiplayer. Just because we haven't seen gameplay from multiplayer yet, you're going to assume BF3 is like CoD? Let's see what we already know: 64 vs multiplayer in BF3, with a new inclusion of Jet planes. Re-made epic stages from BF2 and bigger maps than ever before.

How is this like CoD?

Them just showing the campaign and the campaign is looking like CoD, even the movement and weapos feel like CoD, and it's getting me worried, that is all.

Nice multiplayer footage could of course make me change my mind, since battlefield is only about the multiplayer (Which makes making a campaign stupid in the first place), but no MP gameplay has been shown.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I'm leaning towards BF3 on the 360, but I'll wait for the reviews.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc