By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game will you buy Call of Duty MW3 or Battlefield 3?

Neither. They don't look deserving of my money.

Around the Network

bf for xbox and pc. xbox to play with my friends and pc to get the full experience.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

None.

Unless Battlefield stops trying to be a CoD ripoff.

I LOVE ICELAND!

It is hard for a marketing budget to all of a sudden drive a community into existence that would top a prior established community of players.  To get people to stop playing a franchise they are familar with, and play a new rival product is not easy.  Merely thrown millions and millions of dollars at indviduals to get them to switch can be a rat hole.  If EA decided to target clans loyal to Modern Warfare and get them to play BF3, they may be onto something.  Beyond that, EA may get individuals to buy the game, but to join the community is a completely different animal.

Will be buying both on day 1 at their midnight launches on 360.

Around the Network

Will be getting MW3 on 360 for sure. SP MP Spec Ops Survival is looking beast and great value. Just hope they don't make it too much like BF with huge maps, but a few features like destructibility would be nice.

Gave BFBC2 a chance, but it bored the crap out of me. 90% of the time is just running/driving to the objective with the action being too far and in between for me. Just not my type of game, so won't be getting BF3.

KungKras said:

None.

Unless Battlefield stops trying to be a CoD ripoff.

Saying Battlefield looks like a CoD ripoff is only admitting you know very little about Battlefield. But considering you don't plan on getting either, I'm assuming you don't like FPS games much, so I understand why you'd know very little about them.

I'm getting Battlefield 3 for sure. On the PC. I can't wait! =D I've never liked the CoD series so at best I'll rent MW3 for the story (or on second thought, just youtube it).

BF3 for PC

MW3 for 360

MW1 and MW2 are my 2 favorite CoD games and I've put in almost 20 days combined gameplay.  So I will definitely be buying MW3.   Besides Halo, no other series provides as much diversity in game modes and gameplay as CoD.

As for BF3, I can't say that I am that interested yet.  All of the trailers are for PC and I don't have computer that can play most PC games.  As of now, I'm not that excited for a gimped console version.  I really need to know how BF3 will be different from Bad Company 2 on PS3/Xbox.  Bad Company 2 was a pretty dull game for me-- slow-paced action, bad progression system, too much delay before entering combat, poor hit detection, and terrible variety of game modes.  How wil BF3 improve upon Bad Company 2 for consoles?  So nothing for me to be excited about yet.... hopefully E3 gives more info.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

the one that have Move support cause i'm sux at using analog to aim... xP