By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Press Event To Span 5 Hours, Biggest Ever

Honestly...

I don't think that there will be a 5 hour long conference.

I think the conference itself will be 2 hours long, as always. Possibly another half hour to talk about everything that's happened/going to happen with PSN.

Sony ordered out a stadium. That's a lot of ground to cover. I think there will be booths there full of loads of Sony games. The 2 hours of conference, then people will be led to the games and will get 3 hours to play whatever there is there.

Around the Network

Alright I usually watch all the conferences, but I am not watching a five hour one.  I mean I've felt even the 2 hour ones have been pushing it, but five is just out of hand. 

But I think I'll go with a few posters who stated that maybe the conference is still 2 hours and the other 3 hours will be various events hosted by Sony.  That seems more plausible.  But if it is 5 hours, hope the people who are attending use the restroom before hand haha.

Pfft, I watched livestreams of all 3 last year, but 5 hours? Nor worth it for me, someone be sure to post the highlights somewhere I can read them afterwards

People will fall asleep watching this. This = the length of 2 LOTR movies.

hatmoza said:

first 2 hours, conference. Next 3 hours, Sony will bring in 1000 smoking hot women, and all the attendees (majority males of course) plus the ladies are splashed with champagne whilst having one huge orgy.

In there like swim wear!!!

no but seriously 5 hours? is kevin butler getting a 2 hour segment or something?

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Around the Network

I highly doubt it would be a 5 hour presentation ... More likely it is a 90 minute to 2 hour presentation followed by cocktails.

will this be on any channels like hulu or netflix or something like that? I'd love to have a friend over and popcorn it up.

Man, this is epic. 5 goddamn hours. Better not be any cirque du so-gay like last time.

Man, they gunna blow the roof off this place.

if it doesn't have Trophies i'm not watching!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

They better have a tone of stuff to announce, because otherwise it'll just be five hours of fluff. Sony's conferences are always the most boring and neither Tretton or Hirai have the SLIGHTEST bit of charisma or public speaking ability.