By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami cancels Hideo Kojima project

Yeah like Seece I think it's a trick. It must be. You don't cancel a Hideo Kojima project like that and then he expresses his sadness two weeks before E3.

Around the Network
Seece said:

Wow ... talk about jumping to conclusions, it's just as likely he's winding people up and will announce it at Sony's conference or something.

Yeah, I also smell a fake-out. 

Hideo Kojima:  It's all so meaningless !!!

(at E3)

Hideo Kojima: (announces new game) ... 

If he had tweeted that any other time then I would be worried... but yeah, it's less than 2 weeks before E3. 

greenmedic88 said:

There's always the chance that gamers have been spared what could have been a very mediocre title from Kojima. 

Of course it's never fun as a creator when something you've been working on for at least a year never has the chance to be distributed and played. 

That's true. We could have been spared of something mediocre of his like a Metal Gear Acid or Lunar Knights type of project.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Why do people talk of C:LOS as if it was a failure? It's the best-selling Castlevania game and it'll end up selling 1m at least. That's plenty of sales for a game that probably didn't have a huge budget. Konami have said they're happy with its sales and have even announced that there'll be a sequel.

Anyway, about this news, I wonder why they would cancel a game from Kojima when he has given so much to Konami, I can understand he is upset. I'd like to know what he was working on.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Myak-04 said:
Seece said:

Wow ... talk about jumping to conclusions, it's just as likely he's winding people up and will announce it at Sony's conference or something.

(at E3)

If he had tweeted that any other time then I would be worried... but yeah, it's less than 2 weeks before E3. 

Your posts always make me :)

Around the Network

Where does it say that he had one of his projects cancelled?  Damnit, these gaming sites are terrible at reporting accurate news.

miz1q2w3e said:
Myak-04 said:
Seece said:

(at E3)

Your posts always make me :)

Aww, thanks. (gives miz1q2w3e a cupcake) 

kivi95 said:

Kojima....come and join sony!!! :P

If he worked for Polyphony digital they could take 20 years to put out a game. 

huaxiong90 said:
Acevil said:
Euphoria14 said:

I bet they cancelled ZoE3.

Most likely Snatcher. 

Project S you mean.

Which I still believe is Snatcher. 

man id be pissed to an entire year is crazy.