By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Trophy support for 'PSP Remaster' titles

Pichsterz said:

I see why Sony decided not to have trophies. Honestly, I think it's going to hurt sales and Sony in the long run. I probably won't be buying any of the HD remake. I still play my with PSP and I don't feel/want to shell of 40 dollars just play on HD TV. I think it's too soon to be doing PSP remastered series, Sony should of wait till the PS4.

Of course, since all that gamers really want, in the end, is to get trophies.   Who cares about having fun playing the game, right?

Around the Network

its really sad to see how many "gamers" not going to buy titles that they wanted "so bad" just because no trophies are in it...that is what gaming going now huh?really just sad...

Hynad said:
Pichsterz said:

I see why Sony decided not to have trophies. Honestly, I think it's going to hurt sales and Sony in the long run. I probably won't be buying any of the HD remake. I still play my with PSP and I don't feel/want to shell of 40 dollars just play on HD TV. I think it's too soon to be doing PSP remastered series, Sony should of wait till the PS4.

Of course, since all that gamers really want, in the end, is to get trophies.   Who cares about having fun playing the game, right?

Let's be honest gamers now a days are trophies whore's, put trophies on a game and people's will most likely to buy it. It makes me kinda sad when people's buy games base on how easy it is to get trophies or how many gold trophies it has. I cringed when I see people's have platinum for Hanna Montanna... just to boost their trophies stats. At the moment I just don't see any reason why I should bother to buy the HD version when I still play the PSP version of XX games, unless they added extra content, online etc. I collect trophies myself, but I'm not going to let trophies sway me to buy or not to buy a game. If it's fun and I like it, I'm gonna buy it whether it has trophies or not.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I hope Sega remasterd Valkyria Chronicles 2-3, since I don't own the PSP version. Would to play it on HD TV.

I don't mind. I don't give much about trophies/achievements.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I'd still buy a God Of War Collection 2 (Chains Of Olympus and Ghost Of Sparta) even without trophies.

Around the Network

Can I point out the reason I'm not rebuying Crisis Core or WOTL is because I already own them, but I would gladly buy Patapon collection and a Persona Collection because I DON'T own them, the trophies for the latter would be extra and not a huge selling point.

But for the former, would be an incentive because I already own them so there's no point in buy them again when I have a fully functioning version of them so...O.o

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

What is it with the trophy obsession in this site? It's ridiculous.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

OMG!!.........seriously ppl!!............just because it doesn't support Trophies you won't buy it!!

the main purpose for playing games is to PLAY the game not gather some trophies to show it off to your friends or satisfy an obsession ppl

games r made to be played & the trophy system is an extra advantage thats all.........get your priority fixed brothers.

Dahum said:

OMG!!.........seriously ppl!!............just because it doesn't support Trophies you won't buy it!!

the main purpose for playing games is to PLAY the game not gather some trophies to show it off to your friends or satisfy an obsession ppl

games r made to be played & the trophy system is an extra advantage thats all.........get your priority fixed brothers.

Like I previously stated, I might get some of these, depending on the price point and what titles become available. Trophies would be a huge incentive for me to pick up some more, especially down the line when they become cheaper. Also, why buy a potentially $40 copy of a game that doesn't have a lot of new content, when you can most likely buy a cheaper version on a system you can play anywhere.

Xxain said:

So pretty much  everybody in this threads has has started gaming this generation and didnt get a PS3 till after 2009.

ther is NO WAY somebody who has been gaming for 10 years plus and who had a PS3 pre 2009 would find this in any sense a problem

You new age gamers have clue on  any real  values

Silly Xxain. People play for trophies, not the actual game.

If Peace Walker does get ported to PS3, I will buy it despite having no trophies; I hate the controls on the PSP.