By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Trophy support for 'PSP Remaster' titles

i dont care, i just want them to give me crisis core and valkyria chronicles 2 and 3 HD

Around the Network

I'd still by VC2 and 3 if they HD remastered them for PS3. Not really likely to buy anything else with or without trophies. Though MH3P is a contender, and Daxter, and God of War would be possibilities too.

It's simply a cost benefit thing. They obviously calculated the income generated from increased sales with trophy support won't cover the development costs for putting in trophy support and the abstract cost of a potnetial loss of integrity of the trophy system. Find some data to prove them wrong and they'll change their mind.

Trophies given me replay value for games. But if a game is the right price and I like it well enough then having no trophies isn't a reason to avoid the game. I think it's odd choosing not to buy a game purely because it has no trophies. If you want game X and game Y equally, but you can only afford (time and / or money-wise) to buy one of them, if one has trophies and the other doesn't then I'd say go for the trophies. That's about the only time I think trophies should come into a play when deciding whether to invest in a game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Xxain said:

So pretty much  everybody in this threads has has started gaming this generation and didnt get a PS3 till after 2009.

ther is NO WAY somebody who has been gaming for 10 years plus and who had a PS3 pre 2009 would find this in any sense a problem

You new age gamers have clue on  any real  values

Bronze trophy = 1 point

Silver trophy = 2 points

Gold trophy = 6 points

Platinum trophy = 12 points

That's all the value any gamer needs to know =)

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

please tell me I'm not alone in not giving a shit about trophies

What's stopping people from getting these re-mastered games without trophy support is because they are available cheaper on a handheld system. Yeah, they say there is going to be extra content and the like, but that extra content might just be one extra stage; I highly doubt some of these companies will be spending a lot of their time and money on developing a lot of new content for these PSP Re-Masters. The only draw for these games are going to be able to play them in some better resolutions, or for people who don't plan on buying a PSP. Would you rather spend $5 on a PSP game and be able to play it anywhere, or spend possibly $30-40 on a Remastered title with maybe one extra stage to just play it in "HD"? If it had trophies, then that's going to be a lot more value to people...

Around the Network

Trophies/Acheivements.  A modern bane in today's gaming industry.

MrT-Tar said:

[[[Gives MrT-Tar a pat on the back.]]]

Xxain said:

Still nobody has anwered my question,... you have all told me reasons for why you believe trophies are good

but thats not my beef

"Why are we getting to a stage where Trophies are becoming a deciding factor in buying/not buying game."

if you were not interested and dint want to waste money on a port why would trophies change that? trophies or no trophies its the same game.

if are interested in game just because of trophies why? if you play a game and love it with trophies..you will love it without

trophies do not nothing to the actual game NOTHING

so this whole no trophies no nuy is senseless.

are you plying trophies are a game?

what did you spend 60 bucks on?

I'm with you and understand where you are coming from.  I'm a die hard Ratchet & Clank fan.  I completed EVERYTHING in the first three games on the PS2, and as we know, the PS2 did not have trophies as we know it on the PS3.  That doesn't make me a lesser or better gamer.  I'm a huge fan of inFAMOUS.  It's one of the few PS3 games I've platinumed not for the sake of trophies, but because I loved that game that much.  I have 75% and around 60% of completed trophies of Uncharted and Bioshock, respectively.  I loved both games, but are they worth my efforts to get a platinum?  Nope.  Because as a gamer, I appreciate the artistry and core gameplay by the developers of these titles more than the trophies themselves.  But with inFAMOUS, I'm a bigger fan of that franchise than Uncharted and Bioshock.  I'm a gamer to enjoy the gaming experiences the developers are offering me.  I do not play games for superfical acheivements that amount to almost nothing in reality.  But, yes, I do see trophies and acheivements as icing on the cake.  But I'm not much of a dessert guy to begin with.  I always prefer the main course where the real meat is.

MrT-Tar said:

You aren't ;)

I see why Sony decided not to have trophies. Honestly, I think it's going to hurt sales and Sony in the long run. I probably won't be buying any of the HD remake. I still play my with PSP and I don't feel/want to shell of 40 dollars just play on HD TV. I think it's too soon to be doing PSP remastered series, Sony should of wait till the PS4.