By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if the Wii wins this generation?

ranzchic said:
Huh. I thought I'd never see the day trhat someone is actually arguing that the PS3/360's graphics are better than the PC.

Oh I agree that graphics on you PC can easily be better than a Console .Yet PCgames are ussualy very weak in comparison to consoles controls are a factor too. The fact is that to get those "better graphics" you will come close to paying the same price if not more for the grapics card than you would for one of the consoles

Around the Network
kdw13 said:
I just don't see a wii victory.  The wii is facing 3 consoles that are all getting pratically the same HD games such as Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.  So in between the millions of PS3's 360's and PC's that are all going to grab onto these games the Wii just won't be able to see the light of day.  We are not going to revert to being Nintendo bitches anymore.  3rd party games are where it's at and the Wii is going to suffer the fate of all nintendo consoles; they receive no third pary games.  Hypothetically if the Wii has ps2 sales and outnumbers all the other consoles, then that will be a very big leap but I do not see that happening.  PS3 abd 360 will drop in price and the wii will less and less appealing. 

Well, by then everyone and their mother (ha! get it, cause parents are buying it too...i thought it was funny) will have bought a Wii, and when the ps3 are 5 bucks and the 360's are about 2.99, everyone might buy one... but their mothers wont, so wii wins.

But in all seriousness, I doubt the Wii will be less appealing.  Its getting more big 3rd party support all the time (I'm still firmly predicting a GTA port), so its appeal will only rise.  HD and such isnt appealing enough now with the Wii, and it wont just because its alot cheaper, but still expensive compared to the Wii. Think about it, if the PS3's price is cut in half by the end of 2009, (which if it did, it would be a "Going Out of Business" price) AND came with it would still be 50 bucks more expensive, less attractive bonus game, and 100% less intuitive than the Wii was on launch day.  O yea, and BTW, assuming the Wii is no longer selling out in 2 years (which you never know,  ) whos to say it wont also drop its price (by 50 bucks) and add wii play AND zelda with an extra wiimote/nunchuk? (because people actually play MP in Wii games)

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Neos said:
Kwaad said:
Neos said:
let me check the list

hmmm... nahhh not really

What games do you like?

75% of the games you listed are FPS, and i only like FPS when its on the PC.

i like games that are on the 360 or on the Wii. /evil laughter
you could have seen that one coming

1 out of about 10 = 75%? Keep your Wii. You dont NEED a PS3.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

it wont make a difference, the Wii will NEVER take away the games from the 360 and ps3 because it cant even sniff their farts...IMO this generation will never have a "winner" it will have rankings of sales 1 2 and 3 but there will be no winner and th eonly way there is a loser is if BD does not make its way into a normal storage/movie medium then the ps3 will fail

The wii winning will only promote half assed gimmicky games that were meant for the GC but use the wiimote, which is exactly what the Wii has gotten to date, and it will sell because its cheaper and easily accessible 2 things that will drive its sales.

Will we sit on this site and talk about genre changing, epic games form the wii? No. Not ever.  We will talk about neato games that are fun to play and sold a bazillion copies, its all relative to what youre looking for and what your subjective idea of "winning" is. 

steverhcp02 said:

it wont make a difference, the Wii will NEVER take away the games from the 360 and ps3 because it cant even sniff their farts...IMO this generation will never have a "winner" it will have rankings of sales 1 2 and 3 but there will be no winner and th eonly way there is a loser is if BD does not make its way into a normal storage/movie medium then the ps3 will fail

The wii winning will only promote half assed gimmicky games that were meant for the GC but use the wiimote, which is exactly what the Wii has gotten to date, and it will sell because its cheaper and easily accessible 2 things that will drive its sales.

Will we sit on this site and talk about genre changing, epic games form the wii? No. Not ever.  We will talk about neato games that are fun to play and sold a bazillion copies, its all relative to what youre looking for and what your subjective idea of "winning" is. 

You keep thinking that, facts will show just how wrong you are

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

I'll dance the night away

Avinash_Tyagi said:
steverhcp02 said:

Will we sit on this site and talk about genre changing, epic games form the wii? No. Not ever. We will talk about neato games that are fun to play and sold a bazillion copies, its all relative to what youre looking for and what your subjective idea of "winning" is.

You keep thinking that, facts will show just how wrong you are

thinking what? You think games like mass effect, blue dragon, lair, heavenly sword, littlebigplanet, gears of war, god of war, forza, gran turismo, mgs4 could EVER be even remotely duplicate don wii?

failure and success are subjective when talkign about video game consoles, even if the wii sells 5 times a smany console i wont consider it winning this generation because i consider winning bettering and advancing the gaming genre.  In terms of evolution the wii has done nothing to move the scope of videogames forward, its given us a NEW perspective for videogames, but the length of games, AI, physics all benchmarks of advancing technology are limited on the wii.

So i suppose since everyone considers sales ivctory, yeah teh wii wins and it will have no effect on grown up games, which is what i enjoy more than Wii games, so i will play paper mario, and mario party with my friends and then ill play lair, blue dragon, heavenly sword and mass effect because game sliek that, epic, beatiful advancing games will NEVER come near the wii, ever, so it wont make a difference to me in the long run.

And if the world implodes and all game devs decide to make mini game games for the wii and abandon game sliek mass effect, blue dragon, too human an dlair then ill shoot myself in the face.

steverhcp02 I have to agree with you. Epic games have to be made for the industry to survive. Seriously how happy would everyone be if the movie industry stoped making movies because TV was more watched, that would be rediculous. I think the Wii is a pointless console. Right now it dose have a purpose and that is to show that smaller games are ok to make and people will buy a decent quality last gen game for a low price granted it is fun or easy to play and takes little time. I beleive we will start to see devs make these same games as downloads for the PS3 and 360. Once that takes off the Wii will probably die. It is hard for people to see right know what is going on in gaming, and it is understandable. Like Kojima has said the art is growing up. PS3 and 360 are the future of gaming, a device that can give you somthing on a daliy bases weather it be TV show like games, or Epic ones, and that is somthing the Wii just can't do.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

there seems to be this crazy opinion going around that really makes no sense. People seem to think that if the Wii sells like crazy and the 360/PS3 fail and all third part devs concentrate on the Wii then we'll see nothing but minigame collections and no "epic games".

Let's get serious here, Wii is not turning "hardcore" gamers (I really dislike that term) into casual gamers, but it's bringing in new gamers. What that means is the "hardcore" demographic will still be there and will be just as large as before. As long as the market is there then games will be made for them.

The Wii is more capable than the previous generations of consoles. Are you saying that the Xbox is not capable of "epic games"? The Wii is more capable of gripping, long, "hardcore" games as the original Xbox, which is a very capable machine. Games such as LittleBigPlanet, Gears of War, Too Human, Lair, etc can be played on Wii, with some effort and a graphical hit. Epic games existed before the Xbox360 and PS3 were around so what makes you think they're suddenly impossible now without their power?

So if in the future the Wii wins and no developers support the PS3/360 then you can sit there and whine and shoot yourself in the face all you want. Anyone who likes gaming will go where the games are. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Kwaad said:
Sony has just went the way of 1st party about 2 years ago. Look at the 1st party games for sony *this* year.

Motorstorm, LAIR, Heavenly Sword, KillZone2, God of War2, Calling All Cars, MLB 07, HOME, WarHawk, HotShots Golf5, SingStar, Ratchet & Clank: TOD, UnCharted: Drakes Fortuine, Eight Days, Eye of Judgement.

Not all those are 1st party, but their all at least 2nd party. If that is not the most amazing list of 1st party exclusives for any console EVER. I dont know what is. No matter WHO you are, there is something there for you. 

The only thing i'm interested there is Home, not really a game though.. and.. to tell you the truth.. that really isn't enough to buy a console for (not even if the console costed $100 or so), in my opinion