By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if the Wii wins this generation?

Bioware game for the Wii, where'd you hear that? LOL. Just because games are announced for any consoles doesn't mean they are great. It doesn't really matter because it's the volume that is the most important thing. It signifies that the developer has faith in your console more than anything else. With volume comes the inevitable flood of actual AAA titles and the increased quality.

I'm not kidding myself that the 360 and the PS3 won't have blockbusters of their own this holiday season or beyond. They will. So did the Gamecube. So did the original XBOX. So did the N64.The question is, can they stand up against Wii Sports and Nintendo's second Wii Sports and actual traditional AAA titles on a better selling system?

Mario might be a grandpa in gaming standards but he has proven that he can move systems at a phenomenal rate. Indeed, he has a better track record than either Halo and GTA combined. Mario is the best selling franchise in gaming history, with 190++ Million games sold under his name(thats not typo. It's 190,000,000 games sold). He won't be the star attraction though, he will probably be an auxiliary system seller with Nintendo's non-game megaton(either Wii Music or Wii Health Pack) leading the pack.

Around the Network

Non-games .....you are telling it all.Why we lose time speaking of a non-games machine ?

Because the non-game machine has a very real shot(the best chances perhaps) at leading this generation

yea that is exactly what made the Ps2 won the last generation, cause of the casual games, like GTA.

stop being hypocritical you baboons

Edit: i'm of course talking about diomedes's comment.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

If the Wii won this generation...hmm. I'd say ask me again in 18 months. At this time I'm not sure if the Wii can offer lastability. I normally buy a console at around the 18 month mark for the current generation and weigh up what it has to offer with what I'm interested in and will/can use. Of course the hand held will always be a winner for Nintendo even though I have not bought one from them myself (apart from playing on an old Gameboy which wasn't even mine!). Currently as the question stands. If it was PS3/360 way ahead I would have been pointed at for being a 'fanboy', with a wet dream involving a favourite system in mind? Maybe...

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network

how wii can win this genertaion? lol. i want better graphics, and best graphics i can get ONLY on x360/ps3.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

If Wii wins, I end up playing more games and putting more money into the market than I have in quite awhile; Probably since the Dreamcast. Truth be told, nothing about PS3 or Xbox 360 made me want to stay into gaming as a hobby. In fact, I was read to hang up the controller due to the fact that there is this ever-growing push by Sony, and now naturally MS, to make consoles more like PC's....which was the complete dichotomy as to why I got into gaming as a child. At five, the last thing I was going to do was be bothered with running DOS games. Of course, computer gaming has grown more user friendly over the years. If consoles continued the trend of ever so slowly attempting to be mini-computers, I would finally make the big switch to being a straight PC gamer. Something that I’ve never would have imagined in my near twenty years playing games. The Wii has really brought be back into gaming. The innovation has re-kindled my flame for the hobby as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the multi-media features offered by the new systems, but they seem to be eclipsing the use of consoles for gaming. Case in point: Blu-Ray was obviously more important for Sony than making strictly a gaming console.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

RolStoppable said:
CrazzyMan said:
how wii can win this genertaion? lol. i want better graphics, and best graphics i can get ONLY on x360/ps3.

Best graphics you can only get on the PCs.

Graphics never decided the "console wars".

Please stop talkin bout PC having the best graphics becuase we are talking about consoles. HOw many PC's do you think are in homes that have more grapics power than a x360 and ps3. If someone can find sales numbers of graphics cards that are more powerful then you can have a decent argument.

I would... buy more Wii games and keep playing!

I'd do the same thing if PS3 or Xbox360 won... keep buying games for all three consoles and keep... playing!

All this talk about who wins is getting mighty old. It's not like the vast majority of us don't own, or don't plan to own, all three consoles at some time in our lives... 

I only own a Wii.