By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if the Wii wins this generation?

I ask this to the haters who are still convinced that the Wii is a fad, waggle sucks, etc. in light of recent sales figures.

Just so we don't get predictable responses, let's say that the majority resources will be shifted to the market leader away from the HD consoles. All the games you see now that are announced for both the PS3/360 suddenly becomes hard to come by, except for first party titles and a few companies doing the big-fish-small-pond corporate strategy(ala Capcom with the Gamecube).

What would you do? Are you willing to embrace the waggle and your old Nintendo Overlords that was rehired? Would you become one of those creepy Gamecube holdouts? Are you going to stick to the true graphical powerhouse, the PC? Would you skip this entire generation entirely?

And please, don't be frothing and give knee jerk reactions. I am not proclaiming a Wii win, just presenting a hypothetical question.

Around the Network

I will not go back to Nintendo for a console for a long time.

First I thought the Rev would be great due to some sort of emphasis on VC for devs and retro gaming, but between a useless flash drive and no dev support, I decided it won't be very useful to me.

Not only this, there aren't enough RPGs for the Wii. The 360 is where it's certainly at for RPGs, and I'm very happy at the moment. I'm a classic gamer that likes classic controls for great games...I don't buy into the waggle because I'd either prefer a mouse or controller.

A DS? Sure. I'd buy it.

Now, if the Wii wins I really won't care. I supported the Xbox last gen and was happy with the games I got. Even if the Wii does PS2 like numbers there will still be devs making games on Xbox and PS3.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Celebrate first of all.

And then play some more Wii.

(maybe a WEE bit of gloating to the hardcore doubters. hey i'm only human. gotta gloat a little )

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

John Lucas, you like the Wii. You're not welcome in this thread, sorry.

if the wii has a good majority this generation i will be happy.

why?

because it will show that the people- in the majority- want a GAMING console that does almost exclusively GAMES.

not a weak ass computer that is limited in what it can do graphically.

for the record MOST gaming i do, i do on the PC since the graphics on the PC i have is superior to both the 360 and the ps3. 

for online(nongaming related), web browsing, etc., that is what a computer is for- a game console is just for that- gaming. 

atleast one game "expert" formerly from ID software(romero) has said that the wii "format" for the gaming console is going to be the format that is going to win. a gaming console that the major function is to play games, not to be a pc in the living room, which is what the ps3 and 360 are tending towards. if i wanted a pc in the living room, well damn it i'd PUT one of my PC's in the living room-next to my wii

Around the Network
ranzchic said:
I ask this to the haters who are still convinced that the Wii is a fad, waggle sucks, etc. in light of recent sales figures.

Just so we don't get predictable responses, let's say that the majority resources will be shifted to the market leader away from the HD consoles. All the games you see now that are announced for both the PS3/360 suddenly becomes hard to come by, except for first party titles and a few companies doing the big-fish-small-pond corporate strategy(ala Capcom with the Gamecube).

What would you do? Are you willing to embrace the waggle and your old Nintendo Overlords that was rehired? Would you become one of those creepy Gamecube holdouts? Are you going to stick to the true graphical powerhouse, the PC? Would you skip this entire generation entirely?

And please, don't be frothing and give knee jerk reactions. I am not proclaiming a Wii win, just presenting a hypothetical question.

maybe...

the interesting thing is that for sure nintendo will be around 30% of home market.

in the end there are two ways:

1)believe in nintendo when they say that their market is different from ps3/x360 one...

2)put wii and ps3/x360 on the same category.

if 1 then nintendo like ds is doing something totally different so we can't compare with others.

if 2 then nintendo is the only winner.

IMO is 2.

the struggle ps3 vs x360 makes only nintendo as the winner of the current gen already.

a "gamecube2" is smashing the "pseudo-super-powerfull-pc/consoles!!!!!!

like in ds case users base is the most important thing for third parties ...

full hd still prices high,hardcore games doesn't really care about resolution or poligony count...

casual gamers the same...

people simply looking for fun games,

so

"graphic battle" between ps3 and x360 is totally useless...

the same "media battle" and "pc-like features battle".....

I like nintendo approach,

all that not concern game is an accessory that you can use/install or not.

ps3 and x360 in the end are "simil pc" ...

Ok thats good, but what would you do if the Wii wins?

ill be buying a throne and a crown for either Iwata or Shiggy, All hail the king of the games.

Sorry couldn't resist it  

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I'd flip cars over and burn down Detroit. People do the dumbest things when they're happy.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

Well, I'd probably go on enjoying the Wii and the PS3 like I'm going to anyway.  Next generation I'd wait to see what happens because at this point I honestly have no idea what that's going to be like.  I didn't know about blu-ray when I got my PS2.  Next generation is a mystery, this one is pretty safe no matter which console you get.  I'd like to play Mass Effect on the 360 and probably some other games I can't think of right now (I'd rent Gears, Lost planet, and crackdown), but I'm glad Bioware is apparently developing for PS3 and perhaps Wii.

I don't think the Wii is going to dominate.  People may view the PS3 as a loser if it doesn't dominate, and maybe Sony does too, but I still think the PS3 may end up selling more than the Wii.  But, if the Wii does win I won't be crying because I'll still have the winner and enjoy a lot of games.