By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you do if the Wii wins this generation?

You don't plan to own all three at some point in their lifetimes?

Around the Network

No, probably not. At bargain bin prices, maybe. But I simply can't go back to a world without waggle and settle for "old tech". I don't have an HDTV anyway.

Owning all three systems costs what, like $1300 nowadays? Plus controllers and peripherals for each system its about $1600....
Yeesh. Microsoft really messed sony up this generation, by releasing an equally powerful machine a year before the PS3, and for much cheaper.
What I would do if the Wii won this generation: I would laugh and then cry, and then do a little dance.

RolStoppable said:
CrazzyMan said:
how wii can win this genertaion? lol. i want better graphics, and best graphics i can get ONLY on x360/ps3.

Best graphics you can only get on the PCs.

Graphics never decided the "console wars".

mega quote.

gamers know this very well ...

casuals often want "graphics"...

then it's difficult to make them realize that crysis at 1600x1200 on pc using mouse+key is better than crysis on ps3 using crappy sixaxis...

it they waste 600$+1000$ for a ps3 and a GOOD full hd then the can waste 1200$ for a gaming pc...

if graphics is so important and money isn't a problem!!!

PS:add 15$ to ps3 pricve for a good hdmi cable.

ALKO said:
RolStoppable said:
CrazzyMan said:
how wii can win this genertaion? lol. i want better graphics, and best graphics i can get ONLY on x360/ps3.

Best graphics you can only get on the PCs.

Graphics never decided the "console wars".

mega quote.

gamers know this very well ...

casuals often want "graphics"...

then it's difficult to make them realize that crysis at 1600x1200 on pc using mouse+key is better than crysis on ps3 using crappy sixaxis...

it they waste 600$+1000$ for a ps3 and a GOOD full hd then the can waste 1200$ for a gaming pc...

if graphics is so important and money isn't a problem!!!

PS:add 15$ to ps3 pricve for a good hdmi cable.

PC is much more expensive 1200$ wont take you anymore. If you only want to spend 1200$ you will need to uppgrade every year and that is a low estimate. Just keep dreaming on playing 1600x1200 on 1200$ computer. Better to spend 1600$ on ps3 and have for 5-6 years.

Around the Network

Actually you can build a very good computer for about $900, then wait 3 years and get a new gfx card for $300 and be even better. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

vanguardian1 said:
Actually you can build a very good computer for about $900, then wait 3 years and get a new gfx card for $300 and be even better. :)
For 900$ you wont get a computer who can max Crysis, that it was what he was aiming for :D. Even with 300$ after 3 years it wont help you that much, you might get to medium settings in some games. It does not matter how much you spin it PC gamers spend alot of cash if they want to play the newest games probably.

Right now on my work computer. A dell that cost 1200 dollars I have a Core 2 Duo, 320 GB HD, 2 GB of Ram, Radeon X1600 and a 20 in flat panel monitor with a native resolution of 1600X1200.

Guess What it plays games at 1600X1200 no sweat. Maybe not Crysis. But my home built PC has a GeForce 8800 and it should be able to.

what can you get for $1,181.92

Intel Core 2 Duo Processors : Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86Ghz 1066FSB
CPU Processor Fan: Standard Cooling Fan & HeatSink Combo
TOWER CASES: ATX Black MidTower Case W/ 400Watt PS
INTERNAL DVD / CDRW COMBO DRIVE: DVD Rom / CD-RW Combo Drive All In One
Hard Drive: 80.0GB EIDE 3.5 2MB CACHE HARD DRIVE
Motherboard: ASUS P5L-MX 945G 1066Fsb PCIe DDR2 SATA2
DDR2 System Memory: 2GB PC2 4200 533Mhz DDR2 Kit 2x1GB Chips
10/100 & Gigabit Ethernet Adapters: 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit PCI Network Card
CARDS, ADAPTERS & CLIENTS: Gateway 802.11G 54MBPS Wireless USB
Power Supply Upgrades: Standard Power Supply With Case Selected
SOUND CARDS: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 SE 7.1
OPERATING SYSTEM: MS WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION
PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD ADAPTERS:

ATI Radeon X1900 256MB PCI-Express Video

and you can build that same system even cheaper if you do it yourself.

If Wii wins I dont care ,I wont play Nintendogs or Brain Training on the TV just to be "respected " by the mainstream public that doesnt know of to do a Ha-Do-KEn .....

Diomedes1976 said:
If Wii wins I dont care ,I wont play Nintendogs or Brain Training on the TV just to be "respected " by the mainstream public that doesnt know of to do a Ha-Do-KEn .....

I prefer the Ga-Do-Ken myself....

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355