By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why 3DS Cafe doom threads are getting lame

padib said:
patapon said:

Okay, dig up 6 more 'Nintendo is doomed' threads by sony fans

For the record, I mentioned doom threads and posts, safe for the thread's title. I don't want to boo hoo, as I've said before it was basic irritatation. And I do think the PS3 bullshit went on for too long also, I'm not a dishonest person. Do you want me to dig that out too? I'm sure it'll be just as hard for me.

*Grabs a shovel annoyingly, pInches nose, starts digging...

1 The largest turd of all: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=128763&page=7#2

2 uggh, how do you search the forum by keywords? I just spent an hour looking for a thread I actually remember being retarded.

Other than that, this is pointless. I'm done finger-pointing. I can recall at least 3 threads I've viewed or participated in that were or that contained posts that were blatantly anti-Nintendo, I just don't have the links off hand. It's one thing to be honest about why you don't like a product/company. It's another to just bash for the sake of bashing, no matter the reason, existent or not. My point is not to single anyone out, I just want it to stop in general, is that too much to ask for? The thread 1 above is enough to say it's annoying, just 1 is enough. If my last thread got locked after 1 time, why not such as those?

its funny because that article isn't even anti nintendo lol

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
padib said:
patapon said:

Okay, dig up 6 more 'Nintendo is doomed' threads by sony fans

For the record, I mentioned doom threads and posts, safe for the thread's title. I don't want to boo hoo, as I've said before it was basic irritatation. And I do think the PS3 bullshit went on for too long also, I'm not a dishonest person. Do you want me to dig that out too? I'm sure it'll be just as hard for me.

*Grabs a shovel annoyingly, pInches nose, starts digging...

1 The largest turd of all: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=128763&page=7#2

2 uggh, how do you search the forum by keywords? I just spent an hour looking for a thread I actually remember being retarded.

Other than that, this is pointless. I'm done finger-pointing. I can recall at least 3 threads I've viewed or participated in that were or that contained posts that were blatantly anti-Nintendo, I just don't have the links off hand. It's one thing to be honest about why you don't like a product/company. It's another to just bash for the sake of bashing, no matter the reason, existent or not. My point is not to single anyone out, I just want it to stop in general, is that too much to ask for? The thread 1 above is enough to say it's annoying, just 1 is enough. If my last thread got locked after 1 time, why not such as those?

That is an IGN article. It is posted all over, not just here at VGChartz by the evil Sony fans. 

You mispelled "deh eveel sony fans"

I never understood it either. When Sony and Microsoft come out with their consoles, i will be excited for them and their fans. I don't understand why just because someone doesn't like Nintendo, they wish them to fail. There is no question that jealousy comes into the equation. And also worried they bought the wrong console, so they make themselves feel better by dissing other ones. 

I love to see console technology grow, and see what the big 3 can come up with. If you don't like Nintendo...then shut your lips. It has nothing to do with you anyway. And the same goes for all the Nintendo fans as well. 

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

DarkD said:

Only reason 3DS has been having a bad launch is because people are wary about the 3d screen affecting their eyes.  People will settle down and start buying more soon.  Its brand new technology so its completely normal for people to hesitate.  NGP won't be out for awhile yet and by the time they do the production quality will probably go way up making the problem even smaller.  Unlike Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo actually does fix things and has concern for their customers.  Things like the Red Ring of Death and the 7 day delay before Sony told people about the PSN hacking don't happen with Nintendo. 

Oh yeah! And don't forget the time Microsoft gave a full replacement, no charge, for bricked consoles or the time Sony gave away a CC fraud program and over $100 of free games...

*cough*

Euphoria14 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Euphoria14 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Not going to lie PS3 fans(****) are the worst of all fan****.  They are whiny, completely bias, and everything has to do with graphics.   Graphics doesn't make a game as Killzone has defitely proved, yet no sony person will actually admit.  I own a PS3 and love it, but I also own a 360 and still haven't found a better series than Gears.  As for nintendo they have tons of First party games.  

I have found Nintendo, Sega and Microsoft fanboys to be just as whiny, completely bias and worrying about graphics just as much as Sony fanboys.

Whining, bias and graphics whoring isn't isolated to just Sony fanboys. That is just the garbage everyone, including the media wants you to believe. Funny thing though is that they are bitching and whining about someone else bitching and whining.

Like I said, it goes full circle.

I disagree.  I have seen Microsoft fans be bias towards games, acting like Xbox is the only stuff there is.  Honestly Sega?  When do you hear anything from sega?  I hardly ever hear anything from nintendo.  Sure they like there games but i hardly ever hear them bashing on other consoles.  This site is becoming a joke because all of the sony fans.  Its ridiculous.   

You must have not been around before this generation.

That is why I mentioned Sega fanboys.

Anyways the Sony fans are not the ones making doom threads, it is more Nintendo fans than anything else and I see everyone but Sony fans bitching and moaning right now. 

If anything Sony fanboys annoy me with threads about Lady Gaga album sales.

Ive been playing games for 15 years. Since I was 4 years old.  I have never seen console wars get so ridiculous before.  It's dumb.  And if you deny that this site for the majority is sony fans, then you are full of it.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Euphoria14 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Euphoria14 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Not going to lie PS3 fans(****) are the worst of all fan****.  They are whiny, completely bias, and everything has to do with graphics.   Graphics doesn't make a game as Killzone has defitely proved, yet no sony person will actually admit.  I own a PS3 and love it, but I also own a 360 and still haven't found a better series than Gears.  As for nintendo they have tons of First party games.  

I have found Nintendo, Sega and Microsoft fanboys to be just as whiny, completely bias and worrying about graphics just as much as Sony fanboys.

Whining, bias and graphics whoring isn't isolated to just Sony fanboys. That is just the garbage everyone, including the media wants you to believe. Funny thing though is that they are bitching and whining about someone else bitching and whining.

Like I said, it goes full circle.

I disagree.  I have seen Microsoft fans be bias towards games, acting like Xbox is the only stuff there is.  Honestly Sega?  When do you hear anything from sega?  I hardly ever hear anything from nintendo.  Sure they like there games but i hardly ever hear them bashing on other consoles.  This site is becoming a joke because all of the sony fans.  Its ridiculous.   

You must have not been around before this generation.

That is why I mentioned Sega fanboys.

Anyways the Sony fans are not the ones making doom threads, it is more Nintendo fans than anything else and I see everyone but Sony fans bitching and moaning right now. 

If anything Sony fanboys annoy me with threads about Lady Gaga album sales.

Ive been playing games for 15 years. Since I was 4 years old.  I have never seen console wars get so ridiculous before.  It's dumb.  And if you deny that this site for the majority is sony fans, then you are full of it.

I have been gaming for over 20 years and I must ask this. How many years have you been following gaming on the internet?

Other than that, no need to start getting personal and telling people they are full of it. You are now looking no better than those you are complaining about. I never mentioned anything about which kind of fans frequent this site most because to be honest, that means absolutely nothing.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

patapon said:

Oh yeah! And don't forget the time Microsoft gave a full replacement, no charge, for bricked consoles or the time Sony gave away a CC fraud program and over $100 of free games...

*cough*

They didn't really have a choice at that point.  Don't you remember, Microsoft took like a year to fix the problem, possibly more I don't remember and I think they denied even having the problem.  So many 360's went in and out of the repair shop and some people racked up something like 10 trips before they finally came out with a fix.

As for Sony, they were required by law to come out with the problem when they did.  If they had it their way they would have simply shoved it under the mat.  That's why people are pissed off right now, they were lazy with their security setup, they got hacked, didn't say anything until they were legally obligated to.  Even now the courts in various countries are still examining the case to make sure Sony was legal in doing what they did.  

Of course they give out some free shit to make up for it.  If they didn't they would be in an even worse position.  

What I like is when I company prevents the problem before it starts.  Nintendo puts some actual concern in making their products great.  Take the vitality sensor, not your favorite idea, but its got about a 80% success rate right now with users.  Nintendo is delaying it because they want it to work with 99% of users before it gets released.  Now how great is that.  Lets see the other two show that kind of concern.  

DarkD said:
patapon said:

*cough*

They didn't really have a choice at that point.  Don't you remember, Microsoft took like a year to fix the problem, possibly more I don't remember and I think they denied even having the problem.  So many 360's went in and out of the repair shop and some people racked up something like 10 trips before they finally came out with a fix.

As for Sony, they were required by law to come out with the problem when they did.  If they had it their way they would have simply shoved it under the mat.  That's why people are pissed off right now, they were lazy with their security setup, they got hacked, didn't say anything until they were legally obligated to.  Even now the courts in various countries are still examining the case to make sure Sony was legal in doing what they did.  

Of course they give out some free shit to make up for it.  If they didn't they would be in an even worse position.  

What I like is when I company prevents the problem before it starts.  Nintendo puts some actual concern in making their products great.  Take the vitality sensor, not your favorite idea, but its got about a 80% success rate right now with users.  Nintendo is delaying it because they want it to work with 99% of users before it gets released.  Now how great is that.  Lets see the other two show that kind of concern.  

How is that concern for consumers and not just concern for the bottom line?  More people the device works for means more sales.  And they avoid the inevitable annoying media uproar if their product doesn't work with everyone (like when people thought that Kinect might not work with dark black people.)  Seems like the same thing any company would do.

Torillian said:

How is that concern for consumers and not just concern for the bottom line?  More people the device works for means more sales.  And they avoid the inevitable annoying media uproar if their product doesn't work with everyone (like when people thought that Kinect might not work with dark black people.)  Seems like the same thing any company would do.

Your making my point for me.  Of course its not concern for the bottom line, if they just wanted money they would have released it and kept their mouths shut until 20% of the audience started complaining.  And avoiding media uproar is a good thing.  

Another example if that's not good enough for you is the 3DS.  Before it was even released they released a statement warning of the possible effects it could have on your eyes.  They read the warning label in their promotional statements...  That is just crazy.  Usually we would have to wait for a professional talk about the dangers of 3D screens or for it to come out and shocked news crews start reporting on the device.  Nintendo has been as upfront as possible about all of their problems.  

And please don't triple quote, that's annoying as hell.  

DarkD said:
Torillian said:

Your making my point for me.  Of course its not concern for the bottom line, if they just wanted money they would have released it and kept their mouths shut until 20% of the audience started complaining.  And avoiding media uproar is a good thing.  

Another example if that's not good enough for you is the 3DS.  Before it was even released they released a statement warning of the possible effects it could have on your eyes.  They read the warning label in their promotional statements...  That is just crazy.  Usually we would have to wait for a professional talk about the dangers of 3D screens or for it to come out and shocked news crews start reporting on the device.  Nintendo has been as upfront as possible about all of their problems.  

And please don't triple quote, that's annoying as hell.  

Only if you had no worry about ruining your image, which is again to protect the bottom line.

3DS is put out with those warning because otherwise people will sue, same reason everytime I put in a game with Move it does the same warnings every Wii game with motion does.  again, for the bottom line.

I'm sorry, but Nintendo is not a company that runs on their customers hopes and dreams mixed with unicorn farts, they're just a company and they do things for the same reason every company does, for their own sake.