By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why 3DS Cafe doom threads are getting lame

DarkD said:
patapon said:

Oh yeah! And don't forget the time Microsoft gave a full replacement, no charge, for bricked consoles or the time Sony gave away a CC fraud program and over $100 of free games...

*cough*

They didn't really have a choice at that point.  Don't you remember, Microsoft took like a year to fix the problem, possibly more I don't remember and I think they denied even having the problem.  So many 360's went in and out of the repair shop and some people racked up something like 10 trips before they finally came out with a fix.

As for Sony, they were required by law to come out with the problem when they did.  If they had it their way they would have simply shoved it under the mat.  That's why people are pissed off right now, they were lazy with their security setup, they got hacked, didn't say anything until they were legally obligated to.  Even now the courts in various countries are still examining the case to make sure Sony was legal in doing what they did.  

Of course they give out some free shit to make up for it.  If they didn't they would be in an even worse position.  

What I like is when I company prevents the problem before it starts.  Nintendo puts some actual concern in making their products great.  Take the vitality sensor, not your favorite idea, but its got about a 80% success rate right now with users.  Nintendo is delaying it because they want it to work with 99% of users before it gets released.  Now how great is that.  Lets see the other two show that kind of concern.  

Microsoft gave a full replacement free of charge and fixed the issue. In your OP that started this discussion you claimed that Sony and Microsoft don't fix issues?

"Unlike Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo actually does fix things and has concern for their customers." -DarkD

So taking a hit of over a billion $$$ and fixing the issue is... actually... not fixing the issue? Madness. And where are you getting this "I think they denied even having the problem" Well, you think wrong. You just do... I don't know what more to say about that other than you've reinforced this idea that your favorite companies competition is evil with ideas founded in your imagination as opposed to reality.

Next: Sony did not release the information regarding PSN because their feet were held up to the legal fire... They did it on their own accords and when they had the necessary information regarding the situation.  They are also not required by law to give out a free CC fraud program and over $100 in games... And it looks like you're saying  "oh well so what? They HAD to do that blah blah blah" Why in the hell are you trying to justify a company giving out free stuff in a negative light? That's just... fanboyish

ha... I suppose when it doubt, make shit up. But I guess that's what you have to do when trying to place your company of choice on a pedestal while ripping on 'teh evil competitors'. I could play that game too you know... I could ask you questions like "How was Nintendo's average success rate with the Virtual Boy when it launched?" Or I could talk about how Nintendo failed the potential of the wii, their costumers, and their/3rd party developers when they released the Wii without the Wiimotion technology/ and even charged people when it released. I could even pontificate on how the 3ds' 3D technology has failed because it induces headache on X amount of a population and how you can only see 3D when viewing the 'sweet spot' blah blah blah.

It's easy to make your plastic dispenser company of choice out like an angel while disregarding the rest. It's hard  to put aside biases and see that the companies we worship are just that, well, companies that have the same bottom line at the end of the day. Trollion is right. Nintendo is no different from Sony or Microsoft.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
patapon said:

<snip>

Trollion is right. Nintendo is no different from Sony or Microsoft.

Intentional or not, that's really funny.

happens all the damn time.

You made this wonderful thread and what happends the very next day?

The sony fanboies hath no shame!!!

patapon said:

That is bizzare that this topic came right before mine. It's like he saw into the future.

Haha trust me, I am about as far as you can get from a Sony fanboy.. If anything, I am an anti-Sony fanboy. Basically, it is not a good sign for Nintendo when I am actually starting to look at a SONY made platform, of all things, over their own. Of course, Sony will probably end up overpricing the NGP, in which case I will end up buying neither platform. So basically to be fair, everyone sucks equally :P

Metallicube said:
patapon said:

That is bizzare that this topic came right before mine. It's like he saw into the future.

Haha trust me, I am about as far as you can get from a Sony fanboy.. If anything, I am an anti-Sony fanboy. Basically, it is not a good sign for Nintendo when I am actually starting to look at a SONY made platform, of all things, over their own. Of course, Sony will probably end up overpricing the NGP, in which case I will end up buying neither platform. So basically to be fair, everyone sucks equally :P

sarcasm detecter broken today? :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Metallicube said:
patapon said:

sarcasm detecter broken today? :P

No it's up and running. Just a bit hard to detect sometimes on the internetz

I submit that they have always been lame.

Lame within this context of the digital distribution of information and ideas being defined as "devoid of intellectual merit".

Frankly, they're getting lame because there's so many of them.  Its like 30 people all came on the forum and said 'I had this totally original idea.  3DS sucks!  I'm gonna make a thread about it without checking if another one exists'.

Its also annoying because they don't aknowledge any contrary opinion.  The threads are just full of spammers who love to rag on a Nintendo system or think they have some amazing new theory to the future of the 3DS.  Despite the tons of people who keep pointing out that the original DS had the same slow start and even less good games scheduled for later release.

I say a mod deletes all but one of the threads and just sticky that one and be done with it.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

They're lame because they're a magnet for almost everything bad about a message board you can think of: Trolls, Stealth Trolls, Endless bickering that will never go anywhere (usually just from the same two-three people), Annoying Negative Nancies, and some of the most baffling, far-fetched, or downright retarded lines of logic and reasoning imaginable.

Not that this is exclusive to these kinds of threads, sadly.

Euphoria14 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Euphoria14 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Euphoria14 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Not going to lie PS3 fans(****) are the worst of all fan****.  They are whiny, completely bias, and everything has to do with graphics.   Graphics doesn't make a game as Killzone has defitely proved, yet no sony person will actually admit.  I own a PS3 and love it, but I also own a 360 and still haven't found a better series than Gears.  As for nintendo they have tons of First party games.  

I have found Nintendo, Sega and Microsoft fanboys to be just as whiny, completely bias and worrying about graphics just as much as Sony fanboys.

Whining, bias and graphics whoring isn't isolated to just Sony fanboys. That is just the garbage everyone, including the media wants you to believe. Funny thing though is that they are bitching and whining about someone else bitching and whining.

Like I said, it goes full circle.

I disagree.  I have seen Microsoft fans be bias towards games, acting like Xbox is the only stuff there is.  Honestly Sega?  When do you hear anything from sega?  I hardly ever hear anything from nintendo.  Sure they like there games but i hardly ever hear them bashing on other consoles.  This site is becoming a joke because all of the sony fans.  Its ridiculous.   

You must have not been around before this generation.

That is why I mentioned Sega fanboys.

Anyways the Sony fans are not the ones making doom threads, it is more Nintendo fans than anything else and I see everyone but Sony fans bitching and moaning right now. 

If anything Sony fanboys annoy me with threads about Lady Gaga album sales.

Ive been playing games for 15 years. Since I was 4 years old.  I have never seen console wars get so ridiculous before.  It's dumb.  And if you deny that this site for the majority is sony fans, then you are full of it.

I have been gaming for over 20 years and I must ask this. How many years have you been following gaming on the internet?

Other than that, no need to start getting personal and telling people they are full of it. You are now looking no better than those you are complaining about. I never mentioned anything about which kind of fans frequent this site most because to be honest, that means absolutely nothing.

Can you honestly say the console wars is not stupid?  Can you tell me that Uncharted sucks?  Can you tell me that Gears of War sucks? Can you tell me that Zelda sucks?  My point is, people need to shutup about the console wars simply because people have different opinions and all of the consoles/Handhelds have great games.