By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Will have the Best E3 Conference??

Who Will have the Best E3 Conference??

Nintendo - Cafe!! 196 49.87%

Sony - NGP!!! 131 33.33%

Microsoft - Kinect!! 44 11.20%

Konami - You Will Be Sucked! 8 2.04%

Ubisoft - Lazer Tag 2 3 0.76%

Other 11 2.80%

Total:393
thetonestarr said:

There's a difference between having the most impressive presentation and presenting what YOU want to see.

Having the most impressive presentation = winning.

Presenting what you want to see = pleasing the fans.

Without a shadow of a doubt, Nintendo is going to win this time. Cafe alone will beat anything else that's presented. On top of that, we're going to see Nintendo's future plans for 3DS, their final hard-hitters for the Wii, and I'm certain there will still be something good for the DS.

Sony has Uncharted 3 and the NGP. But, the NGP can't do anything new that the 3DS isn't already doing, so it's entirely based on what library they present. Given that the PSP never had anything THAT impressive along the lines of exclusives, it'd have to be either handheld varieties of home console IPs, or new IPs, and neither of those commands much excitement. I loved my PSP, but it never had anything worth THAT much excitement. The PS3 is just now being maxed out in what it can do, so they MIGHT have something impressive to bring to the table that they didn't have before, but so long as it's just games along the same lines as what they've already been doing and nothing specifically NEW, they won't be able to do anything incredible.

Microsoft, their hard-hitters strike very differently than Sony's. They appeal to a much broader audience than Sony's, but still mostly to the same people as well. I expect that they'll have a better home console presentation, but without a major presentation like the NGP, they won't stand a chance to beat them in the overall grand scheme of things.

Third parties are a big decider in this race too, though. Good third-party support can make or break the whole situation. If all third-parties announced amazing new titles for the 360, then regardless of what Sony and Nintendo have up their sleeves personally, M$ could still walk away the "winner".

But as for their own individual presentations, Nintendo will have it hands-down, and there's absolutely no arguing that objectively.

You are wrong.

NGP is more powerfull, will have games in the same type as this gen's ones.

NGP have an awesome controller setup. Dual analog is WAY better than analog touchscreen for most games(especially fps). Also it haves touchscreen in front and back. DS had a = or better setup than psp. But NGP totally destroys 3ds in this quesite.

NGP will also have a better OS. More multimedia capability. Also GPS. Better online.

For now, it will have a greater compatibility between consoles. However Cafe will have something like this(i hope).

We just have to wait for E3. Don't make comments like this for a while, please.

Around the Network

Please, leave your subjective fan-related arguments behind here. You're arguing your personal opinion about these things. I am not. I own and play PSP and DS. My most enjoyed systems across each generation vary across the board. I am an unbiased gamer here; you are clearly arguing personal bias.

At such a small screen-size, there's not much you can do with greater graphical capabilities. Take a screenshot from God of War 2 and a similar screenshot from God of War 3. Side-by-side, at full resolution, you can obviously tell the difference between the two. But shrink it down to handheld dimensions and it's an entirely different situation. The NGP's power won't be that noticeably better than the 3DS, unlike last generation. There WILL be a noticeable difference - don't get me wrong - but it'll be insignificant enough that generalizations can be made.

And while the controller setup IS better for FPSers, that doesn't change the fact that the 3DS still can do them fully. And the analog touchscreen setup DOES have advantages over dual analog (though I personally do prefer dual analog).

No, the NGP does not have a touchscreen on the front and back. It has a touchscreen on the front, and a touchPAD on the back. And that isn't going to offer many advantages, either.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

Please, leave your subjective fan-related arguments behind here. You're arguing your personal opinion about these things. I am not. I own and play PSP and DS. My most enjoyed systems across each generation vary across the board. I am an unbiased gamer here; you are clearly arguing personal bias.

At such a small screen-size, there's not much you can do with greater graphical capabilities. Take a screenshot from God of War 2 and a similar screenshot from God of War 3. Side-by-side, at full resolution, you can obviously tell the difference between the two. But shrink it down to handheld dimensions and it's an entirely different situation. The NGP's power won't be that noticeably better than the 3DS, unlike last generation. There WILL be a noticeable difference - don't get me wrong - but it'll be insignificant enough that generalizations can be made.

And while the controller setup IS better for FPSers, that doesn't change the fact that the 3DS still can do them fully. And the analog touchscreen setup DOES have advantages over dual analog (though I personally do prefer dual analog).

No, the NGP does not have a touchscreen on the front and back. It has a touchscreen on the front, and a touchPAD on the back. And that isn't going to offer many advantages, either.

I don't think you can call yourself "unbiased" if you claim that the NGP can't do anything that the 3DS already does.

BOTH handhelds do things that the other handheld can't, and when it comes to the NGP, it does a lot of things that the 3DS can't.

Gaming-wise, no, it really can't. It has things it may be able to do a bit better, but there are absolutely zero functions it has above the 3DS. And when talking a gaming conference, with everybody touting their gaming features, that's a tad important.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

Gaming-wise, no, it really can't. It has things it may be able to do a bit better, but there are absolutely zero functions it has above the 3DS. And when talking a gaming conference, with everybody touting their gaming features, that's a tad important.

And what is the 3DS doing that the NGP isn't?

Around the Network

Really, guy?

-dual-screen gameplay
-3D display
-backwards compatibility

then, if we want to list things it does better too:
-widescale affordability
-pocket-sized portable handheld gaming

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

Really, guy?

-dual-screen gameplay
-3D display
-backwards compatibility

then, if we want to list things it does better too:
-widescale affordability
-pocket-sized portable handheld gaming

You have some cheek to call other people fanboys and then claim that you are un-biased. You just completely contradicted yourself.

If you can list dual-screen, why doesn't dual-analogues count for the NGP?

NGP is also backwards compatible.

I agree that the 3DS is great because it can fit in your pocket, but the "widescale affordability" comment made me laugh.

In the end that is double standards, both consoles do something that the other one doesn't, you can't claim that the NGP isn't doing anything differently to the 3DS.

EDITED

NGP is also backwards compatible?

great!

with the Go-model...

thetonestarr said:

the ngp has dual analog sticks, is more powerful, has superior touch technology ( capacitive vs resistive ), 3g for wireless gaming anywhere, dual touch pads etc the last i checked the only significant features the 3ds has that the ngp lacks is the second screen and the 3d ( which bothers some people and many people leave off anyway )

I would say Nintendo has the most upfront expectations set and with the launch of a new console has the most to show that would be new and different. I also think they are easiest to fall. If Project Cafe specs and demos dont blow away PS3 and 360 (and I dont think they will) then whatever Nintendo presents that is thier attempt at the next big innovation better or I could see the unveiling of Project Cafe fall flat on its face.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.