By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Will have the Best E3 Conference??

Who Will have the Best E3 Conference??

Nintendo - Cafe!! 196 49.87%

Sony - NGP!!! 131 33.33%

Microsoft - Kinect!! 44 11.20%

Konami - You Will Be Sucked! 8 2.04%

Ubisoft - Lazer Tag 2 3 0.76%

Other 11 2.80%

Total:393

I voted Sony, but not bc of the NGP. The NGP will just be icing on the cake (even though I probably will never get it). For my personal taste, I'm sure Sony will show the most that interests me. They have so many exclusives lined up already, and I'm sure they have plenty more up their sleeve. This excites me more than anything.

Although Gears 3 looks pretty sweet, most 360 games as well as Kinect altogether don't usually interest me. It seems like they're gonna go nuts with new Kinect game announcements, though. Wish Sony would support Move as much as M$ supports Kinect; although, if it was a choice between more standard/dualshock games or more Move games, I would go with standard games. Between standard 360 games and Kinect games, I'm sure M$ will have plenty of new goodies to please all its fans.

Nintendo is revealing their new console, so if they have a great product and lots of game announcements for Cafe, then I think most will probably declare them the winner of E3.

Around the Network

I will have the best show there. I will be dancing, Doing magic tricks and playing the banjo. LOL

I believe Sony is going to win, more-so because of the sheer epicness and prescence of their game lineup rather then NGP, even though NGP will have a prescence too.

BUT!...

I have yet to see this mentioned once, an absolutely potential bombshell for Sony, which I expect.

Everyone seems to have forgotten the oh so glorious Rockstar North's new IP?

I'm expecting an official drop, gameplay out the hoohaa, reveal of this little baby right here:

I have a feeling Sony is going to blow this E3 apart, oh, and Kevin Butler too.

Necromunda said:

I believe Sony is going to win, more-so because of the sheer epicness and prescence of their game lineup rather then NGP, even though NGP will have a prescence too.

BUT!...

I have yet to see this mentioned once, an absolutely potential bombshell for Sony, which I expect.

Everyone seems to have forgotten the oh so glorious Rockstar North's new IP?

I'm expecting an official drop, gameplay out the hoohaa, reveal of this little baby right here:

I have a feeling Sony is going to blow this E3 apart, oh, and Kevin Butler too.

Rockstar's latest is a Cafe' exclusive.  Haven't you been following the rumors?  I kid, I kid.  In all honesty, Sony better get their crap together with their online network to squelch some of the anger that is kindled toward them at the moment.  If they came out on stage and declared their system secure I'm sure they'd get some sarcastic cheers, no?

"Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there."
--
PIKMIN FAN CLUB MEMBER

RolStoppable said:
gekkokamen said:

<snip>

I just don't see why Nintendo would be on top of Sony at E3. If you people expect them to show gameplay for the so-called Cafe , hang on tight for the dissapointment. And if all they show are trailers for the games expected for launch, then it won't be a big deal. I think they will try to take the world by surprise again with some new innovation, but this time it will have to be something very unique and , as I said, demonstrate it with actual gameplay (no silly demos, REAL games in development for launch window), if not it will be like the first time Move and Kinect were shown, pure MEH and let's wait see....

It's already pretty much confirmed that Nintendo's new system will be playable on the showfloor, so gameplay demonstrations on stage during their E3 conference are highly probable. And what's going to top Sony's lineup of games you mentioned in your post? New Nintendo games on a new Nintendo console.

New Nintendo demos you mean... they will show Mario/Zelda/Kirby/?  in HD in some kind of playable demo and that'll be enough for everyone to go nuts? well, maybe for you, meanwhile I'll hang on to the real games. Last year they didn't have much to show for the 3DS, yes some stuff was playable, but must of it was just trailers. And you think they'll have compelling stuff ready for Cafe?

Take a look at what they had for the Wii back in 2006 a mere  5 months or so before its debut...

I'd be surprised if this year is any different. They are gonna spend a lot of time preaching as they did in that conference, preaching about their new ways and direction, etc. etc, and then they will have one live demo same as they did with Wii sports tennis. Hopefully lightning can strike the same place twice?  we'll see, It's gonna be interesting.

Around the Network

Nintendo will be interesting (new hardware)

Sony will be predictable (montage, exclusives, NGP)

Microsoft will be surprising or disappointing (kinect can/can't do hardcore, more/less exclusives)

Nintendo, no contest, they always have the best E3s IMO

I would go with Nintendo, basically because they need it the most... and I mean, new console... it should be easiest for them.

If they don't...

on a side note i think Ubi will surprise us with a multiplat Just Dance 3, its like one of the few Wii only 3rd party franchises to not make the jump yet

This years E3 is no doubt the most exciting E3 in a long time. Because I only have a 360 I will be more interrested in Microsoft's conference. I can't wait to see more about Gears 3 campaign. A new Halo will always be welcome but the biggest one so far has to be Forza 4 with Kinect (I really love this game F3). If you can really look up at most parts of the car then this is a car lovers dream come true. I'm also looking foward to new Kinect games (Star Wars, Dance Central 2 etc) and the game from Crytek, Kingdom.

I also believe Microsoft will show more about XBLA games and Win7 Phone games. I read somewhere they're planning to reveal a tablet with Win 7 Phone that will play XBLA games. Maybe that was wishful thinking but hey!

I'm not really interrested in Nintendo's consoles but I'm curious about their Project Café's controller. Having a 6 inches screen on the controller is a bad idea imo and it's worst with a camera too. They said that on paper it doesn't make sense but once in one's hands it works very well so I can't wait to see what's the big deal.

As for Sony, I'm not interrested in handhelds at all (last one I had was a Nomad) and since they always announce games in advance I don't expect new unheard of games for this year. I want to see Uncharted 3's campaign though.