By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo do at E3 to save the Wii?

What can Nintendo do at E3 to save the Wii?

No. Nintendo won't bothe... 178 39.21%

Yes, but it won't work 20 4.41%

Yes, and it will work 89 19.60%

Who cares? IT'S FOR KIDZ!!! 38 8.37%

Booth...Babes... 48 10.57%

See results 80 17.62%

Total:453
Soriku said:
Conegamer said:
Soriku said:

A few things...

1. ToG is already confirmed for the PS3, they're not bringing it to the Wii now. This isn't up to Nintendo to decide.

2. DQ X isn't going to be at E3. The first time they show off DQ X is going to be a JP event - likely a DQ conference.

Probably, but still, you can hope, right? It hasn't been completely rejected yet, so you can hope...

DQX may not be at E3, but it most certainly needs to be announced this year, with a release date either in the Holidays or Q1 2012, to catch the biggest Wii audience possible, sorta like with DQIX and Pokemon Black...

It hasn't been rejected because they don't need to. The only ToG game they're bringing over is ToGF and they didn't port the extra content to the Wii and have no plans to. Sure you can hope but that's not going to get you anywhere because they're not going to do it.

DQ X was already confirmed for a 2012 release by the composer: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/01/dragon-quest-composer-says-dragon-quest-x-in-2012/

He obviously means for the JP release but a Q1 2012 release seems too early. Ditto for a US release which would be later.

Hmm...I suppose. But I don't see why they would localise a game, and then leave another copy Japan Only, when it's the SAME GAME. Heck, the Wii localisation would take less work...

As for the DQ thing, Q1 may seem too early, but if it isn't out in 12 months, I think they've missed a trick, because they'd be vitually no way it could be out in the West before Cafe is released, so it would hurt sales. It's too soon to tell anyway. But the sooner the better.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I have no idea, but it's hard to predict what nintendo is going to do, like, ever.

Xenoblade, The Last Story, or any other of the umpteen Japan-only JRPG's Wii titles will affect the hardware sales in absolutely no way in the west. (Bar Dragon Quest X, maybe, but that's not even "Japan-only" yet, is it?)

Just sayin'.

And I really doubt we'll see the Wii on top of the charts until maybe the holidays. I don't see the price cut doing any wonders, since the price really isn't the issue. The issue is the lack of games that the mass market really, really wants since New Super Mario Bros. Wii. (Super Mario All-Stars could've been big if 'twasn't a limited edition, though.) And there are really no big hardware movers on the horizon aside from Dragon Quest X, which should cause at least a moderate splash in Japan.

And no, I'm not forgetting about Skyward Sword. I'm talking about big hardware movers, which I doubt Skyward Sword will be.

They don't want to save the Wii, they want to give the 3DS and NES 6 a good start in life. I wouldn't be surprised if the definitive version of Zelda Skyward Sword is actually the NES 6 version next year.

Tease.

Soriku said:
Squilliam said:

They don't want to save the Wii, they want to give the 3DS and NES 6 a good start in life. I wouldn't be surprised if the definitive version of Zelda Skyward Sword is actually the NES 6 version next year.

I agree they don't want to "save" the Wii, they just want to keep up momentum till the Cafe releases.

And "definitive" version? Nintendo isn't Namco. Not to mention Zelda SS is based around Motion Plus, and Cafe's controller is likely very different.

NES 6 supports Wii motion +... I believe they will use it as a bridge game to 'show' that the NES 6 supports both control schemes to encourage Wii owners to bring their stack of controllers and upgrade.

Tease.

Around the Network

I HAVEN'T SEEN A WII COMMERCIAL IN SOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG! In fact I failed to see it being advertised during the holidays and have yet to see one. Yet you see a PS3 or 360 AD a lot.  OTher thing, I only saw 2 3DS commercials since it luanched. Like wth Nintendo? You cant soley rely on word of mouth.

Soriku said:
Squilliam said:

NES 6 supports Wii motion ... I believe they will use it as a bridge game to 'show' that the NES 6 supports both control schemes to encourage Wii owners to bring their stack of controllers and upgrade.

That sounds incredibly pointless. Really, showing the Cafe can support an add on like Motion Plus is your big idea to transfer Wii owners to the Cafe? Nintendo isn't going to do that. And like i said, Nintendo confirmed SS for 2011 multiple times recently.

It isn't my big idea but it does make sense that people who would want to play Zelda SS would have a Wiimote handy and it also makes sense that the NES 6 support. Why wouldn't they release an updated version for the NES 6 at launch? Zelda worked extremely well for them with the Wii.

Tease.

They already have a price drop with mario kart and knowing nintendo, a lot of advertising will follow.

and their introducing the budget Wii software range.

i think now their targeting the wii at first time console buyers and focusing cafe on the core market.

i can see the strategy for the wii working very well but not cafe's.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-03-budget-wii-software-range-planned

dany612 said:

I HAVEN'T SEEN A WII COMMERCIAL IN SOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG! In fact I failed to see it being advertised during the holidays and have yet to see one. Yet you see a PS3 or 360 AD a lot.  OTher thing, I only saw 2 3DS commercials since it luanched. Like wth Nintendo? You cant soley rely on word of mouth.

i think they will with zelda and reduced price mario kart bundle.

fps_d0minat0r said:
dany612 said:

i think they will with zelda and reduced price mario kart bundle.

If they don't then I don't see how the bundle can do anything significant to raise Wii sales other than selling a bit more.