By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - North American sales this week are ENORMOUS

^^No no no you've got it all wrong--tomorrow never dies!

Around the Network

i just realised, the title says NORTH american sales. does that mean that SMG sold significantly more than 400k last week when the rest of america is added into the equation?
that'd be crazy :O

mario to world : HAI

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Sqrl said:

I like this picture of the first year a lot:

(Click Picture to enlarge)

Click here to see the graph yourself.

It's a little bit unfair against the PS2, because it didn't started in all regions at the same time. If you show the graphs for each region, than the Wii is very similar to the PS2 in the trend.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It seems safe to assume SMG sold 500k world wide again this week.  But how close did it come to breaking a million -- that's the more interesting question.

Around the Network

well we have the numbers: 180k in europe, 100k in japan and over 400k in america, that makes 680k at least.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I just noticed that japan and others were updated - Wii 2 spots, DS 3 spots (in top 5, in both regions). Cant wait to see what the NA sales are, but as I saw first hand, the DS games were just gone, so I suspect it will be similar if not bigger numbers.

I will be conservative and say the Wii sold more than 1 million in software this week.

@ Those who spoke about advertising rules.

I think it is more considered bad form than illegal to talk about the competitor.
Mattel used to do it with Atari -- so it has been done in videogames before.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- The lawsuits in the class era were not over ads, they were over technology.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Mnementh said:

It's a little bit unfair against the PS2, because it didn't started in all regions at the same time. If you show the graphs for each region, than the Wii is very similar to the PS2 in the trend.

At the same time, choosing not to launch simultaneously in all three regions meant the PS2 was less supply-constrained.