By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - North American sales this week are ENORMOUS

Ok, so you will tell us the numbers now, right?

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Sqrl said:

I like this picture of the first year a lot:

(Click Picture to enlarge)

Click here to see the graph yourself.

It's a little bit unfair against the PS2, because it didn't started in all regions at the same time. If you show the graphs for each region, than the Wii is very similar to the PS2 in the trend.

If they had enough units to sell that well around the world they would have, what you are saying is that we should take the picture of reality and skew it so that it looks better for the PS2 and worse for the Wii.

Whats done is done, and the same way that nobody wants to add extra units to the Wii line for it not being able to produce enough to meet demand nobody should expect the PS2 graph to be given special treatment just because Sony couldn't get a global launch organized. 

Failing to launch globally deserves no more special treatment then failing to meet demand, plain and simple. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

This is ridiculus, it went from complete sony domination last year were people thought nintnedo was actually going to dissappear to complete nintendo take over!! WTF?!!?!?!?!

mM

DAMN NIGHTS!!! That is what I call a ridiculous FAILURE. Typical from SEGA these days...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

@ leo-j, nintendo had two really good ideas, and it went from there. (Sony also copied the original xbox in many ways: big, black, hard drive, expensive, arrived a year later than its rival, but now they are on the up)

Around the Network

@munkeh

Thats not it, before the ps3 launched before wii, the ds and psp were = because of psp supply constraints people thought sony was going to take over the hanheld market, heck when the name "REVOLUTION" dissapeared there were roumers nintendo was leaving the video game industry...

I just dont get whats going on, how did nintendo go from nothing to GODS?

mM
leo-j said:
@munkeh

Thats not it, before the ps3 launched before wii, the ds and psp were = because of psp supply constraints people thought sony was going to take over the hanheld market, heck when the name "REVOLUTION" dissapeared there were roumers nintendo was leaving the video game industry...

They didn't exactly go from "nothing."

Daileon said:
DAMN NIGHTS!!! That is what I call a ridiculous FAILURE. Typical from SEGA these days...

Of all lessons that can be learned from Sega I believe the most valueable one is the importance of maintaining a healthy bottom line; it is (nearly) impossible to maintain quality and keep talented staff if you're deep in the red.

leo-j said:
@munkeh

PSP supply constraint? Isn't the PSP that console where Sony hugely inflated shipment numbers of their console just so it would appear their handheld managed to keep up with the DS?

^Actually, the DS was pretty slow out of the gates. It had no software worth mentioning in its first six months. The PSP was right with it for a while.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK