By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Bin Laden sons say US broke international law

We broke international law?  Who the hell do his kids think they are?  When the fuck has Osama ever followed international law?  He got exactly what he deserved, and I'm glad we didn't have to spend millions on a worthless court case against somebody we all know is guilty.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
rocketpig said:

Were ANY country in the position of the United States with this intel, they would have done the exact same thing. I want to slap anyone who complains about this move. It was 100% necessary.

They would do it, sure, and many have done similar things. Russia does them all the time in Chechnya, but would any high-ranking American ever say "let's do that thing that the Russians are doing in Chechnya?" No. More likely a given American official will condemn Russia's Chechnya action

Though i suppose we support the Israelis when they pull stunts like this too. Hmm...

Even if we don't support every move where a nation kills a terrorist, there are VERY few terrorists who planned an attack that killed over 3,000 people, toppled two of the largest structures on the planet, and managed to evade capture for a DECADE. Put any other country in that same position with the scope of the WTC disaster and they kill bin Laden, just like the US did.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Baalzamon said:

We broke international law?  Who the hell do his kids think they are?  When the fuck has Osama ever followed international law?  He got exactly what he deserved, and I'm glad we didn't have to spend millions on a worthless court case against somebody we all know is guilty.

Lawbreakers in any country are entitled to due process and protections of the laws that they have violated, violaters of International Law are still entitled to protections by it that apply to them, though the absolutes of human rights are more vague on the international field.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

rocketpig said:
Mr Khan said:
rocketpig said:

Were ANY country in the position of the United States with this intel, they would have done the exact same thing. I want to slap anyone who complains about this move. It was 100% necessary.

They would do it, sure, and many have done similar things. Russia does them all the time in Chechnya, but would any high-ranking American ever say "let's do that thing that the Russians are doing in Chechnya?" No. More likely a given American official will condemn Russia's Chechnya action

Though i suppose we support the Israelis when they pull stunts like this too. Hmm...

Even if we don't support every move where a nation kills a terrorist, there are VERY few terrorists who planned an attack that killed over 3,000 people, toppled two of the largest structures on the planet, and managed to evade capture for a DECADE. Put any other country in that same position with the scope of the WTC disaster and they kill bin Laden, just like the US did.

Right. Anyone would do it, but we would likely criticize them for it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
rocketpig said:
Mr Khan said:
rocketpig said:

See, I don't think we would. Not someone who is obviously THAT large a thorn in the world's side.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I can sort of understand why Omar bin Laden is saying this. His father was just killed. Yes, his father was a complete fucktard, hated by pretty much everyone in the world, including Omar himself. But I suppose no matter what he did, Osama was still somewhat respected in Omar's eyes.

Think about it. The only people who have criticised this action so far are just trying to be contrarian, "modern" (read: anarchist) and/or anti-American. I suppose we can add a fourth category: child of bin Laden (I doubt his family in Saudi Arabia are very upset about this; they've hated him for a LONG time).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

rocketpig said:
Mr Khan said:
rocketpig said:
Mr Khan said:
rocketpig said:

See, I don't think we would. Not someone who is obviously THAT large a thorn in the world's side.

What about Abdel Basset al-Megrahi? Sure he was only reponsible for an 250 casualties and he was not a leader of a terrorist group but he could took more actions and caused another hundreds, thousands or even a lot more casualties...  and he had/haves a lot of influence check the vid of his arriving in Libya..

Secondly the point is that USA cared a lot about this law an example is the Suez crisis, we could say UK/France were even at that time no more allies of the USA..

I totally understand your feelings and can agree with you in a way but for me this issue will still stand more as an political issue and a message for the US citizens.

Kantor said:

I can sort of understand why Omar bin Laden is saying this. His father was just killed. Yes, his father was a complete fucktard, hated by pretty much everyone in the world, including Omar himself. But I suppose no matter what he did, Osama was still somewhat respected in Omar's eyes.

Think about it. The only people who have criticised this action so far are just trying to be contrarian, "modern" (read: anarchist) and/or anti-American. I suppose we can add a fourth category: child of bin Laden (I doubt his family in Saudi Arabia are very upset about this; they've hated him for a LONG time).

You forgot the category of people who see Al Qaida as a noble organisation...

After all one of the quotes from Al Qaida is =>  We are poor muslims thx to the dictators in our countries, we will fight against those dictators and the countries who support those dictators (like USA and most of Europe). And those people see Americans having a party because they killed the leader of Al Qaida..

I am having hard time to explain the muslims here why his dead is a good thing. Especially with the Libyan part of Al Qaida who are fighting with the rebels against Gadhaffie.

Well... we did send troops into pakistan without telling pakistan.

Probably against international law...

this of course is why 90% of international law is a joke... and the UN as well.

Problems are often internationaly and at best, you can count on at most, about 40 of the 190 nations in existence.

What he says is true, whic also shows why there isn't much point for this international law. Hopefully this means that the US will just stfu about breaches in international law as well and we can all not pretend about any of this shit.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835